Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To Confirm, has there been any Matrix lights on any new X's?

Not yet but the Fremont factory is still a ghost town according to this video:

Last week, the lot was completely empty; now there's a tiny trickle of new S & Xs but possibly units that had first-pass production issues that were just fixed.

Maybe they are upgrading production. No one knows.

I feel so bad for you guys. Somehow I had assumed I would be the last to receive mine and I know how hard the wait is.
That plaid upgrade to bring edd closer is enticing. My edd range just got pushed by a week. From 7/30 to 8/11. Did they happen to anyone else in the north east? C’mon Tesla, it’s now close to 14 months in the waiting.
Ok take this with a big grain of salt.

But if you have the $$ wherewithal, don’t need 7 seats or the bit of extra range, you should get plaid.

From a standstill my LR X is, while peppy, IMO not mind blowing. On the highway it’s fantastic.

But there is DEFINITELY no gut punch with the refresh LR X from 0 mph.

Reactions: blodg1 and jkhanesq
I feel so bad for you guys. Somehow I had assumed I would be the last to receive mine and I know how hard the wait is.

But if you have the $$ wherewithal, don’t need 7 seats or the bit of extra range, you should get plaid.

From a standstill my LR X is, while peppy, IMO not mind blowing. On the highway it’s fantastic.

I quite enjoyed your delivery :) living vicariously thru others comes easily when you have kids.

Think you’re smack on the money re no gut 0-60 but it doesn’t justify a $30k extra price tag. Even with an earlier DD (which after this wait doesn’t make sense, might as well have done so back in Feb), it is geared more towards the person considering a Ferrari /Taycan etc. —family hauler doesn’t justify the $ imo.

Will keep waiting. It will be gut wrenching (to me) considering it’s 2 secs quicker than my current v8 GL.

I quite enjoyed your delivery :) living vicariously thru others comes easily when you have kids.

Think you’re smack on the money re no gut 0-60 but it doesn’t justify a $30k extra price tag. Even with an earlier DD (which after this wait doesn’t make sense, might as well have done so back in Feb), it is geared more towards the person considering a Ferrari /Taycan etc. —family hauler doesn’t justify the $ imo.

Will keep waiting. It will be gut wrenching (to me) considering it’s 2 secs quicker than my current v8 GL.
The Model X Long Range is half a second quicker 0-60 than my Camaro SS, and that thing is plenty fast enough for me! I agree that $30k is pretty steep for just more acceleration. Besides, in Southern California with the traffic everywhere who can ever actually stretch the legs on a Plaid!?

The Model X Long Range is half a second quicker 0-60 than my Camaro SS, and that thing is plenty fast enough for me! I agree that $30k is pretty steep for just more acceleration. Besides, in Southern California with the traffic everywhere who can ever actually stretch the legs on a Plaid!?
Well that is a good point. You accelerate and then have to stop accelerating about two or three seconds in because you are at the speed limit lol and so as I said it’s mainly useful for the highway where even my LR X has helped me several times already to GTFO of a bad position.

Reactions: Fleetwood75
Agreed. I tried justifying the $30k price tag difference but it would only make sense for me if it came with significant upgrades in and out of the car on top of the 0-60. Model Y performance upgrade makes a ton of sense at what, only $4k

Viewed through a Tesla lens, the refresh MXLR 0-60 (3.8s) is certainly middle-of-the-road, but from an overall EV standpoint, it's quite fast for an SUV, and in an absolute sense, the idea of a 5200 lb SUV accelerating to 60mph in 3.8s is still pretty staggering. It's all about perspective, imo. For me, it will also probably feel a bit like a letdown after daily driving a M3P for the last 3 years.

Congrats! They delivered to your garage? Is that like that Amazon delivery option where you give them the codes to open your garage door and they put the package inside? ;)

Anyway what I really wanted to comment on was your comparison with AP1. This matches my observations. AP1 on my S85D seems to work substantially better than AP3/FSD on my Palladium Long Range X (especially when matching speed and/or following distance with other vehicles). AP1 has fewer features, but I have greater confidence in how it drives down the freeway.

Bruce.

I had a house sitter, so he gave them access to our garage. Now, if we had roaming profiles, they could have just used my homelink.....

Reactions: bmah

Did you put it in Insane mode? This one is considerably faster than our original X. Not worth the extra $$ IMO

Reactions: T3slafan2500
My EDD is still July 21-Aug 11. It hasn't changed in about 2 weeks. So maybe we're close?? I'm afraid just by posting this I'll awaken the beast and it will jump another couple weeks out lol. White/white 6 LR Feb 2021 reservation.
I’m also terrified of jinxing it, but my 7/30-9/10 EDD hasn’t changed in well over a month and the fact that we’re now in July is making me more and more optimistic…