Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have taken delivery, how long does it typically take to get the registration paperwork? I realize this may vary by state. I took delivery three weeks ago and don’t yet have my registration paperwork.
By registration paperwork do you mean the permanent registration card and license plate with stickers? If so, it took about 5 weeks for me in California. This was much faster than I was expecting since I was told 2-3 months.

For those that have taken delivery, how long does it typically take to get the registration paperwork? I realize this may vary by state. I took delivery three weeks ago and don’t yet have my registration paperwork.
I took delivery on June-20, and received my "ok to register" email on July 11, so three weeks exactly, with a holiday in the middle. My transaction was very simple because I paid cash for the car. But they did not send me a copy of trade-in document (varies by state), so I had to make two trips to the license branch to get it all done. Even though the branch near me is brand new and really quite nice, it's the same old grind inside.

I have a specialty plate, making it unable to be handled online.

Day 555 for me. I've called Tesla and they won't even talk to me about the order. Not updates. Currently showing Oct 8 - Dec 3 EDD.
I’m 379 days in and have had the same EDD for about a month now. Before that it showed only a month, sometimes with a year behind it for the EDD. Added EAP a week or so to see if it would cause any movement which it hasn’t. Good luck.

Reactions: jb401