Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have cars with EAP and FSD. EAP is worth it in my opinion. The incremental stuff from FSD isn't so much.

Unfortunately, I kind of agree with the above comment: if you can get FSD for an extra $4k (not $6k), then go for FSD and enjoy the future, unlimited, improvements.
Or save yourself $4k if you’re not convinced Tesla can ever achieve true autonomous driving using only cameras. ;)

Reactions: Elixir
Or save yourself $4k if you’re not convinced Tesla can ever achieve true autonomous driving using only cameras. ;)
I had EAP on my Model 3 and now have it on my MXLR. I find it to be reasonably priced for the features that I frequently use and that work as intended. Because FSD is still an unknown commodity, I just don’t believe the extra $6K is worth it. If the features FSD has that aren’t included in EAP ever become reasonably functional, I would consider the extra $6K cost, but not at this point.

Did anyone with the recent deliveries get the back seat pockets on their XView attachment 829651

Thanks for finding and posting that. I hadn't seen that anywhere else before and it's nice to see it's happening.
For those who are looking for the source it's from the Tesla Model X images (3rd section, 4th image) - Model X

1658158233649.png

Refi loans are typically at a higher rate than a new vehicle loan.
I just checked my own credit union & I see refi & original rates are shown as the same... so there's hope.

Q: are you guys getting gap insurance for your MX?

Unlike most auto purchases, for many of us we'll be 20-40k above water as soon as we roll off the lot, so I'm not sure gap insurance makes sense on this vehicle. But wanted to do a sanity check here to see if I'm missing anything.

Random q— just downloaded the TMC forum app on my iPhone. How do I see the signature line? Seeing all these deliveries and VIN assignments but can’t tell ODs.

On mobile web, I could just tilt (swivel?) my screen.
I asked the same question in the forum thread dealing with the app and was told the Signature is too bulky to see on the app—but in the Settings you are supposed to be able to turn “See Signature” on and off, so why don’t they activate that so those of us who aren’t worried about bulk (well, except for my belly) and want to see the Signature can do so?

Thanks for finding and posting that. I hadn't seen that anywhere else before and it's nice to see it's happening.
For those who are looking for the source it's from the Tesla Model X images (3rd section, 4th image) - Model X

View attachment 829768
Previously posted months ago and again more recently with these exact same photos. This is not (yet) a feature.

Funny. Well, maybe not. I really want the horn back to the center of the wheel/yoke. Honestly. So, now I'm thinking about how much I use the horn. Not that much. However, when I want to use the horn I don't want to search around my F---ing yoke to find the horn icon. I really don't.
I've told a lot of folks that the Tesla (X) is basically two big electric motors, a big battery, a computer, and some seats. Why is it so difficult to make changes to the computer that runs everything? I've done my share of coding and have managed some fairly serious software-driven projects - so I try not to say, 'It's only a bit of software.' But, if the Tesla engineers have enough (spare) time to place games on my display why can't they take care of the things that are really important to us???
Final rant - my major successes in those software driven projects occurred when the users drove the project's outcome. It's so simple to ask the users what they need - and deliver - that I honestly don't understand why that's not the rule, rather than the exception....

Bob
Agreed. Sometimes it feels as if there are a few 30 year old techie dudes, single, only go to work and back since they do work very hard. Only fly out of town on trips when they're able, they got no kids, and these are the ones making the decisions on what is important for the rest of us. I know there are some Tesla employee peeps that watch these threads. I wish they'd be taken more seriously when they inform the rest of the Tesla team. Because the absence of user feedback oftentimes is glaring. On the other hand they did listen to user anger with the seat heater button, and have given lip service thus far to the horn issue. Yes my starship is the best car I've ever had by far and the team should be commended and honored, actually, yes. But we do expect even more from such a forward thinking company in this regard, to spend more time honoring user preferences especially where its easier. We love our Teslas, but we're not igits.

Reactions: n.one.one
I asked the same question in the forum thread dealing with the app and was told the Signature is too bulky to see on the app—but in the Settings you are supposed to be able to turn “See Signature” on and off, so why don’t they activate that so those of us who aren’t worried about bulk (well, except for my belly) and want to see the Signature can do so?
Same here. I usually use the web version on my phone instead, because of this. You can turn it sideways and boom. There are the signatures.

Agreed. Sometimes it feels as if there are a few 30 year old techie dudes, single, only go to work and back since they do work very hard. Only fly out of town on trips when they're able, they got no kids, and these are the ones making the decisions on what is important for the rest of us. I know there are some Tesla employee peeps that watch these threads. I wish they'd be taken more seriously when they inform the rest of the Tesla team. Because the absence of user feedback oftentimes is glaring. On the other hand they did listen to user anger with the seat heater button, and have given lip service thus far to the horn issue. Yes my starship is the best car I've ever had by far and the team should be commended and honored, actually, yes. But we do expect even more from such a forward thinking company in this regard, to spend more time honoring user preferences especially where its easier. We love our Teslas, but we're not igits.
Whoever designed the rear entertainment system to not be remotely controllable from the front screen obviously doesn't have kids! My kid is strapped into a car seat, he can't reach the screen to enable various entertainment options. This feels like a glaring oversight and I can't believe that it hasn't been addressed yet. Also, they need an option for bluetooth headphones for rear entertainment. My 2017 Yukon has a factory Blu Ray player and headphones so the kids can watch their movie in the back while I listen to my own music. If GM figured it out five years ago it's a little odd that Tesla can't

Whoever designed the rear entertainment system to not be remotely controllable from the front screen obviously doesn't have kids! My kid is strapped into a car seat, he can't reach the screen to enable various entertainment options. This feels like a glaring oversight and I can't believe that it hasn't been addressed yet. Also, they need an option for bluetooth headphones for rear entertainment. My 2017 Yukon has a factory Blu Ray player and headphones so the kids can watch their movie in the back while I listen to my own music. If GM figured it out five years ago it's a little odd that Tesla can't
Agreed! 2014 Honda Pilot had the same. Came with a DVD player and the rear screen came with two wireless headphones to stream audio. Could send DVD audio to just headphones, or entire cabin. Worked well to have music playing in the car yet the kids were busy watching a DVD.

Reactions: DelPhonic1