Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After speaking to Tesla, they are really pushing cars out now. I was told my car just arrived to the delivery center though most of you have gotten calls stating build hasnt even happened yet.

They also mentioned that since i was a older order, that my order would be auto cancelled if not picked up in 3 days.

Pushed EECU application thru, 1.99 locked in, better than the 4.00 which was now 4.24 that Tesla was offering.

Was told by a few nice people at EECU, they work with Tesla all the time and can easily fund and overnight within 48 hours assuming you get the bank everything they need within a few hours (MVPA, Paystubs, etc).

After speaking to Tesla, they are really pushing cars out now. I was told my car just arrived to the delivery center though most of you have gotten calls stating build hasnt even happened yet.

They also mentioned that since i was a older order, that my order would be auto cancelled if not picked up in 3 days.

Pushed EECU application thru, 1.99 locked in, better than the 4.00 which was now 4.24 that Tesla was offering.

Was told by a few nice people at EECU, they work with Tesla all the time and can easily fund and overnight within 48 hours assuming you get the bank everything they need within a few hours (MVPA, Paystubs, etc).
Can you briefly explain how financing through a (non-local) CU works? Do you need to give them the VIN when you submit your application? Do they wire payment directly to Tesla? Seems risky if you have your VIN taken away or reject delivery.

Presumably I'll receive my Model X in the coming months. I'm curious to know everybody else's opinion though. Which will I receive first?

1. Cybertruck that I preordered the day after the unveiling (November 2019)

-or-

2. Rivian R1S that I ordered in May 2022 which puts me behind all of the preorders from November 2019 - April 2022

-or-

3. The Cybertruck is vaporware so I'll never get it, and Rivian will go bankrupt before ever delivering my R1S
Hey, we are like in the same boat.
OD 7/21 for basic LR X for Las Vegas delivery.

I am betting on R1S before CT. My OD for R1S was 12/22/2021 and I maybe around first 500K CT reservationist.

Following your LR X timeline...

Reactions: Fleetwood75

Not that it matters as I have already sent in my financing, but EECU is in North TX? And you got a 1.99%? THeir website shows 3.34%...how are you so special??

Is membership limited to only those 12 counties the site lists, or can you join outside of those?

Just checked the app (for the 50th time today) and I have a VIN!!!

01.17.22 - Ordered (MX LR | White | White | 6 Seat | 20s | FSD)
01.19.22 - Initial VIN
01.21.22 - Declined VIN - wasn’t ready to purchase that quickly
01.23.22 - 03.15.22 - Order on Hold

EDDs were always between December 2022 - March 2023

07.02.22 - Switched to Plaid -> EDD October 2022
07.03.22 - EDD moved to 08.08.22 - 09.19.22
07.11.22 - EDD moved to 07.31.22 - 08.21.22
07.13.22 - EDD moved to 07.26 - 08.16.22
07.25.22 - VIN - 7SAXCBE65NF354XXX | EDD 08.08.22 - 08.12.22

Not that it matters as I have already sent in my financing, but EECU is in North TX? And you got a 1.99%? THeir website shows 3.34%...how are you so special??
Just (maybe) unraveled the mystery doing my own search. There are two different EECUs. The one in Cali (myeecu.org) has the 1.99 rate but pretty narrow membership criteria. The one in Texas (eecu.org) has the 3.34+ rate but less stringent membership criteria (you can pay $5 to their org and get in).

The one i was referring to was in California. Texas has the same name credit union but not affiliated. I was also confused. Their 1.99 California rate on their website does not lie and good thru Aug.

Screenshot_20220725-185056.png

Also your response could have been less deutchy...just my opinion and trying to help people out.

Is membership limited to only those 12 counties the site lists, or can you join outside of those?
I live no where near central Cali and i actually reside in Socal(Orange County) and just did this.

You just have to donate to their PTA foundation ot something $15 bucks and bam you are a member.

Just (maybe) unraveled the mystery doing my own search. There are two different EECUs. The one in Cali (myeecu.org) has the 1.99 rate but pretty narrow membership criteria. The one in Texas (eecu.org) has the 3.34+ rate but less stringent membership criteria (you can pay $5 to their org and get in).
Correct, MyEECU is the one you want and not restrictive at all in my situation. YMMV.

First create profile then loan app, once the loan app is going they will ask you to open checking account, there is a drop down box for membership qualifications you just need select other....

Please refer to my previous post about $15 bucks donation to their PTA foundation. I literally just did this today and have a loan of 1.99 and im a Orange County Resident.

I would not apply unless you have a confirmed VIN and pickup.

MyEECu also refinances for the same great rate so if you are ever in a situation with timing, you could sign with Tesla then take it over to this bank, requirement only being that you need the registration in your name.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Just got VIN'd: 7SAXCBE68NF353xxx.

Can't tell if the vehicle has rolled off the line yet or not / the VIN is not yet recognized by the Tesla Factory Build Date site.

Ordered: May 20, 2022 - Refresh MXP, White/Black, 6 seat, 20", No FSD.
EDDs: Aug-Oct '22 -> Aug 18-Oct 13 -> Jun 18-Jul 4 -> EOQ older VIN assigned / rejected -> Aug 12-Sep 23 -> Aug 20-Sep 24

I'm having trouble accessing the form to input this info into the spreadsheet. Much appreciated if someone else could do so when have the chance.

Because in order to build 50,000 s/x they need to add more machines. And what will they do with all those machines after they satisfy all existing orders and now they can’t sell 50,000 s/x per quarter? In short, there is not enough s/x orders per quarter for them to increase the capacity too much
So you think there isn’t consistent demand for 50,000 Model S/X per quarter? Maybe more people would buy them if the wait time wasn’t absurd

Correct, MyEECU is the one you want and not restrictive at all in my situation. YMMV.

First create profile then loan app, once the load app is going they will ask you to open checking account, there is a drop down box for membership qualifications you just need select other....

Please refer to my previous post about $15 bucks donation to their PTA foundation. I literally just did this today and have a loan of 1.99 and im a Orange County Resident.
That’s awesome! Can you post the link to where you donate to join their PTA? I can’t find it on the website.

Just got VIN'd: 7SAXCBE68NF353xxx.

Can't tell if the vehicle has rolled off the line yet or not / the VIN is not yet recognized by the Tesla Factory Build Date site.

Ordered: May 20, 2022 - Refresh MXP, White/Black, 6 seat, 20", No FSD.
EDDs: Aug-Oct '22 -> Aug 18-Oct 13 -> Jun 18-Jul 4 -> EOQ older VIN assigned / rejected -> Aug 12-Sep 23 -> Aug 20-Sep 24 -> Jul 27-Aug 2

I'm having trouble accessing the form to input this info into the spreadsheet. Much appreciated if someone else could do so when have the chance.