Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up my VIN 352 Sat. I had a previous VIN of 353 and I see some 354/5s now. Should I be concerned this was a “reject car” from another potential buyer? Secured insurance, paid, signed the docs already. CarBuyerUSA inspected my 19M3P and said it was flawless. FedEx envelope in transit for my title and such. All happening pretty quickly now!

Reactions: bobusn
Like many others I got the 'hold' email today. What I find troubling is that any other hold you place cancels the order. When that is combined with some reports that you now only have 3 days to pick up an order that is vinned and ready for delivery there is the potential for Tesla to get rid of some older, lower priced orders. I'd like to hope they are not being sinister but it sure looks like they are not being overly customer friendly.

View attachment 833132

I’m feeling this sentiment as well… June 21 order; latest EDD is Dec 22 - Apr 23. I sense that they want me to cancel and order something else.
Given that there is a $30k price difference between my order and the same car ordered today, I can understand why.

Have started looking at both MY and the BMW X5 45e— both seem to be <2 months out, but also not what I had hoped for at this point.

Reactions: Elixir
Question for people already taken delivery - what floor mats are you using? Thinking about getting the front mats from Tesla and rear from Weathertech, as the review for the Weathertech front mats are not so good. Any suggestions?

Also saw many discussions regarding PPF, never heard of it until I got my Model 3, seems like the Tesla community is “obsessed” with it… been driving my red Model 3 in DFW for almost 4 years now, never noticed any rock chip. maybe I just didn’t care enough?

The following things are what i consider a luxury item;
- Refreshed Model X Long Range
- PPF
- Ceramic Coating
- Window Tint
- FSD and similar items
I disagree on window tint. Doing front windows to match rears might be like $100-200. When I was a poor college student I still tinted my windows.

Ceramic exterior looks like it could be a good DIY project and would not be too much $. The well-reviewed one for interior treatment (if white seats) is like $60.

Otherwise, yeah pretty much.

If the vehicle we’re all ordering is a luxury item…seems pretty relevant to be talking about related luxury items.

Last edited:
Reactions: daftskunk
Question for people already taken delivery - what floor mats are you using? Thinking about getting the front mats from Tesla and rear from Weathertech, as the review for the Weathertech front mats are not so good. Any suggestions?

Also saw many discussions regarding PPF, never heard of it until I got my Model 3, seems like the Tesla community is “obsessed” with it… been driving my red Model 3 in DFW for almost 4 years now, never noticed any rock chip. maybe I just didn’t care enough?
I ordered Tesmanian. They seem nice I have not put them in my car yet because I don’t have it 🥴. Maxspider is what I had for my 2018 X and they were hard to beat.

On the paint protection I’ve gone back-and-forth I’m not sure if I’m going to do anything or not I also think it depends on how you drive and where you drive. I’m in an area where long highway trips are not gonna happen that much so it’s a lot of neighborhood driving and in that case the odds of a big rock chip are probably a lot lower not to mention nobody really cares when you sell your car they’re not gonna look at that and give you a lower value so it’s just kind of for your own protection and satisfaction. You could also probably spend a lot less money and just fix every imperfection before you got rid of the car or every three or four years if you wanted. That being said I totally see why people get it and I’m also on the fence myself so I’m not knocking at all I’m just saying I don’t think it’s that big of a deal for resale. Forgive the run-on sentences I’m dictating.

Got the ToughPro ones from Amazon, they are pretty good. Would have gone with Tasmanian if I had not forgotten to check them.

Reactions: liumidsun
I just received this this afternoon! can someone tell me what's next

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-155211_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-155211_Tesla.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 114