My situation is almost identical EXCEPT we are on opposite coasts (you are in Washington State - I am in Virginia), so, perhaps, that does provide a useful comparison to others - the difference that distance may make in the EDD equation.I agree with you. Day 453, EDD recently pushed back to Aug 22 to Oct 3. Still a wide window so nothing appears to be happening soon. Happy for the others getting theirs but hoping I don't have to break the 500-day mark like a few others have....
So, patiently waiting for a VIN.
- Received the call about trade in well over a month ago, that resulted in no immediate evidence of a VIN arriving
- Received the "place your order on hold" and then told them I am ready, that resulted in no immediate evidence of a VIN arriving
- Have never changed my order, that resulted in no expediting of a VIN arriving
- Have FSD since day one, that resulted in no expediting of a VIN arriving
- I have been within 30 days of day one of my EDD since May 23rd (which is another way of saying it keeps shifting right as day one arrives)
- My EDD windows were as small as 18 days at the end of the quarter, which was promising, but now back to six weeks.
We both ordered LR, Midnight Silver, 20", Cream, 5-Seats, FSD. Same-Same.
You ordered May 2, 2021. I ordered May 6, 2021. Order #RN11489xxxx. Same-Same.
Following your sequence of events:
1. I got the trade-in inquiry via the app on July 26th (no human called). I quickly responded with photos, etc. Today, July 30th, I and got a low-ball quote of $27,400 for a 2015 Model S D70 with 72,000 miles (about $10,000 below local offers from the usual sources and what Edmunds and NADA reported).
2. I received the "order on hold" via the app on July 18th, with follow-up email on July 19th. I confirmed order on July 19th via the app and also visited the local store to confirm in person. No VIN yet received.
3. Like you, I have never altered my order in any way.
4. Like you, I have had FSD since day one - no effect on EDD or VIN.
5. Since late May, I have also been within 30 days of the then current EDD, but when the date approaches, I get further push back.
6. Your EDD had been as small as 18 days, but now back to six weeks. With all of these other things being equal, the exception being our respective bi-coastal locations, on July 28th, my EDD was changed from August 5-August 25 to August 15-September 5, and today, July 30th, my EDD was changed to August 13-September 2. So the most recent 3 windows have stayed 20-21 days.
Still no VIN. Sorry for the length of this post, but this was a unique opportunity to compare.