Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some interesting Model X backlog/demand details in this Twitter post (below the marked up graphic) by Troy Teslike.
I focused on the wait time for new deliveries being the longest for the Model X LR at 9.2 months. The only model that was somewhat close was the Model Y LR at 7.2 months. After that the longest was 5.17 months for the Model 3 LR.

Hmm. I kind of suspect those numbers for the X are way off. Our sheet shows the average in the past for order to delivery is 395 days for an LR (or about 13.1 months). If you look at unfulfilled orders the average wait time so far is 381 days (12.7 months), so the wait time doesn't appear to be on track to be dropping significantly. Of course there might be a lot of recent orders that aren't accounted for in the sheet, but there is no indication that they will be delivered any faster than the older orders. Maybe once they run out of plaids they will increase LR production? But i doubt that makes that big of an impact.

Edit: Ah, looking again, he is taking the Tesla EDD for new orders at face value. We all know how good Tesla is at generating EDDs...

Hmm. I kind of suspect those numbers for the X are way off. Our sheet shows the average in the past for order to delivery is 395 days for an LR (or about 13.1 months). If you look at unfulfilled orders the average wait time so far is 381 days (12.7 months), so the wait time doesn't appear to be on track to be dropping significantly. Of course there might be a lot of recent orders that aren't accounted for in the sheet, but there is no indication that they will be delivered any faster than the older orders. Maybe once they run out of plaids they will increase LR production? But i doubt that makes that big of an impact.

Edit: Ah, looking again, he is taking the Tesla EDD for new orders at face value. We all know how good Tesla is at generating EDDs...
I was just about to say the same thing, that's a load of bovine manure saying an average 9 month wait time. It bothers me that they do not seem to be doing anything to reduce wait times. Quit sandbagging, Tesla!

• Love
Reactions: 1pinhigh and Elixir
My EDD for my plaid just changed from Dec-Feb to aug 13-31

I was really hoping to delay until matrix… what to do…

Also I have my payment set to cash: can I switch back to finance?
Matrix headlights are not life changing technology and won’t impact your resale value. It’s a nice-to-have, but I certainly wouldn’t delay delivery over it.

Some interesting Model X backlog/demand details in this Twitter post (below the marked up graphic) by Troy Teslike.
I focused on the wait time for new deliveries being the longest for the Model X LR at 9.2 months. The only model that was somewhat close was the Model Y LR at 7.2 months. After that the longest was 5.17 months for the Model 3 LR.

View attachment 839338

9 months. Hahahahahah! That's rich. I'm at 14 months, 27 days myself right now. My SA recently let me know they expect my car to be delivered around November if all goes well (because it has so far, right?!), which would put me at 17-ish months.

Now it's about 24 hours before delivery, the Final Price Sheet is still not corrected yet. I contacted them again.
So, the chance of getting finance before delivery is getting very small.
I might have to just pay cash.

Who else think this kind of service along with all the other ridicules treatment/quality issue is not funny anymore? It's sad I am still one of the many enablers for this.

Update: I contacted local center in addition to Tesla order support and SA(?). I finally got someone to response and fix up the MVPA.
A shoutout for Sound Credit Union. I started a loan app yesterday night and they were quick and straightforward. I was able to get a money order check in my hand within few hours from the first phone call from them, and send 4 documents to them online. They are patient, good listening, and knowledgeable.

For those in WA, I got 3.04% rate for 60 months from them.

9 months. Hahahahahah! That's rich. I'm at 14 months, 27 days myself right now. My SA recently let me know they expect my car to be delivered around November if all goes well (because it has so far, right?!), which would put me at 17-ish months.
My SA told me in March that I should expect delivery in July for sure....:rolleyes: 15 mths and 10 days

Isn't it better to wait till you get your VIN?
I was told to wait until a VIN was issued to make the change. once I received mine I emailed a contact and they were able to reset that part of the order process so I could change to finance and add back in a trade-in. Was very quick, still waiting on trade-in valuation though, i haven't entered the photos or any of that yet for it. Delivery in 9 days.

Reactions: Elixir
I was told to wait until a VIN was issued to make the change. once I received mine I emailed a contact and they were able to reset that part of the order process so I could change to finance and add back in a trade-in. Was very quick, still waiting on trade-in valuation though, i haven't entered the photos or any of that yet for it. Delivery in 9 days.
You should probably get those photos uploaded soon. It usually takes a few days to a few weeks to get a trade-in quote back, then you have to accept it (or not). It is not likely to happen on the day of delivery.