Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! When did you get your VIN?

I would not pay until you get the car, and have a chance to look at it. I think when they do home delivery they are pretty rushed to drop off your car and go back for another delivery. If you want a lot of time to look over the car you might be better off to switch to the SC if that is possible at this point.
Yesterday morning...VIN: 7SAXCBE57NF358xxx (8/16/2022)

They say smart people learn from mistakes but Genius people learn from mistakes of other's.

Don't be smart like me, be the GENIUS...If the car is not perfect...REJECT DELIVERY! trust me, if there's anything you want to avoid is dealing with Tesla service.
RUN from not a perfect car

I took delivery on 5/29/22 and my car was in service from 6/30 till 7/29 and from 8/4 till...unknown.

I completely understand all of you who are excited after waiting so long but the headaches and frustration after is NOT worth it.
Yes you might be happy with yours as like many others but with the model X it's a gamble.
according to the service advisor, there are over 30 refresh model X waiting for some kind of service and that just in 1 service center in SoCal.

Good luck to you all.

They say smart people learn from mistakes but Genius people learn from mistakes of other's.

Don't be smart like me, be the GENIUS...If the car is not perfect...REJECT DELIVERY! trust me, if there's anything you want to avoid is dealing with Tesla service.
RUN from not a perfect car

I took delivery around 5/31/22 and my car was in service from 6/30 till 7/29 and from 8/4 till...unknown.

I completely understand all of you who are excited after waiting so long but the headaches and frustration after is NOT worth it.
Yes you might be happy with yours as like many others but with the model X it's a gamble.
according to the service advisor, there are over 30 refresh model X waiting for some kind of service and that just in 1 service center in SoCal.

Good luck to you all.
Are we allow to check interior during the "home delivery" w/o hitting the "accept" button on the app..?

Satisfaction with a Tesla is often determined by the vision of the owner. If you spend all your time inspecting and being upset by exterior imperfections, you are missing the real value of a Tesla. That is looking at the goodness and great driving experience it can provide. No more smelly gas stations, oil changes, tune-ups, muffler replacements, gasoline smells and that God awful rattling that comes from underneath the hood when idling.

No more waiting for a transmission to shift into a desired gear, driving a top heavy car because the engine raised the center of gravity, worrying constantly about the price of gas or what burning so much of it is doing to the health of people all around the Earth. Putting little stickers on your windshield to constantly remind you when your next overpriced oil change is due to consume hours of your life. Needing to rev your engine almost to the exploding point to reach maximum horsepower output etc.

Little tongue in cheek, but it is often focusing on imperfections that can keep you from enjoying the ride.

Satisfaction with a Tesla is often determined by the vision of the owner. If you spend all your time inspecting and being upset by exterior imperfections, you are missing the real value of a Tesla. That is looking at the goodness and great driving experience it can provide. No more smelly gas stations, oil changes, tune-ups, muffler replacements, gasoline smells and that God awful rattling that comes from underneath the hood when idling.

No more waiting for a transmission to shift into a desired gear, driving a top heavy car because the engine raised the center of gravity, worrying constantly about the price of gas or what burning so much of it is doing to the health of people all around the Earth. Putting little stickers on your windshield to constantly remind you when your next overpriced oil change is due to consume hours of your life. Needing to rev your engine almost to the exploding point to reach maximum horsepower output etc.

Little tongue in cheek, but it is often focusing on imperfections that can keep you from enjoying the ride.
My Tesla experience has been defined by constantly trying to maintain patience as delivery dates keep wooshing off into the future. When I ordered a Cybertruck in 2019 they said it would be ready in 2021, then 2022, now it's a "maybe 2023". When I ordered a Model X in 2021 they said it would be ready by the end of that year, then various dates in Spring 2022, then July, for-sure July, then more rolling EDD's into the Fall and Winter with no end in sight. Meanwhile I continue to drive an ICE car that gets terrible gas mileage, and every time I get an oil change on that car I say "for sure this will be the last time I'll need to do this because I'll have a Tesla by the time another one is due" but it's always Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football...

That me be true.
To you I wish that you will never have an issue with your car because if you will, I promise you will wait a lot more for the tow truck after your car stops in the middle of the road because it thinks the charger is connected than your transmission to shift.

Big delivery day tomorrow. They told me it was in the lot so I just stopped by to take a look.
Overall fairly solid. The paint is perfect from what saw but a few things were pretty flimsy.

For one, are you supposed to see the inside of the panel at the top corner of glass in each front door? The back “mud flaps” were out a bit and I could push the corner it and it would stick then pop back out like there was bad adhesive.

The thing I’m most worried about is the top area between the FWDs is angled.

Any of that sound fairly normal?
37183341-E479-497A-A4C6-C53E63E436D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 2195014B-49FC-4E6B-8B94-975D1803BB4D.jpeg
    2195014B-49FC-4E6B-8B94-975D1803BB4D.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 754360E3-EB1A-4B56-A65E-86D3B9D85D9F.jpeg
    754360E3-EB1A-4B56-A65E-86D3B9D85D9F.jpeg
    934.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 0C0331D8-20C7-4756-AE67-B1311C8CE41C.jpeg
    0C0331D8-20C7-4756-AE67-B1311C8CE41C.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 743BEE60-D909-4140-BD8C-7B26F7ACDF65.jpeg
    743BEE60-D909-4140-BD8C-7B26F7ACDF65.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 82534052-486B-4CAD-857D-D73E31FB99FC.jpeg
    82534052-486B-4CAD-857D-D73E31FB99FC.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: SubtractEm
Received the following message from 3Dmaxpider about 22MX floor liners

Hi there.

Products for the 7-Seater model is currently under (R&D) phase, No ETA.

Process normally takes 7-9 months for development.

Only products available will be 6-Seater, which is due by end of month.

Thank you.

From the previous posts I think previous mats will fit for 2nd and row. Please correct me if I am wrong

• Informative
Reactions: bobusn
Q

Hi there.

Thank you.

From the previous posts I think previous mats will fit for 2nd and row. Please correct me if I am wrong
i was just told that mats for the MX 2022 5 seater would be available at the end of August.

This is a bit of an idealistic view of Teslas. Yes there is way less maintenance and that is awesome. The cars drive like a dream. I am an extremely happy MYP owner for the last year (1 year anniversary coming up in a couple weeks). But saying that we shouldn't be unhappy with "imperfections" is really not fair to those of us that care for the giant hole that is being burned into our wallets by the purchase of this car.

This is the flagship of their product line and their manufacturing, while improving for sure, is still so-so. Nobody wants to accept a car that doesn't have a good FWD set up or paint that is scratched/missing. There are many stories of cars that have misalignment of the FWD to the point that it doesn't close properly. And servicing is not quick in many cases so fixing problems can be a challenge (and sometimes a nightmare), making the delivery that much more stressful. We deserve perfect products - especially when you wait for it for weeks/months/years.

Last edited:
So finally after 472 days I'm scheduled for a delivery tomorrow.
By default the delivery method was "home delivery" but I'm torn between "factory pick up" or "home delivery" as I'm just 30min away from Fremont factory.
So here is my question: for you who use the home delivery, how's the recent experience as I learned sometime they will rush you to accept the car w/o proper examining first. Also should do the I ACH transfer now or I can wait till the car shows up on my driveway and I accept the car..?

Thanks in advance.
When I got my MYP last year I was told that home delivery was basically my only option. It was the first Tesla that my family and I purchased (my dad got a M3LR about a month after, also home delivery) and I didn't know what to expect. I had taken off from work the day my car was to be delivered to my driveway and my dad had also traveled up to inspect it with me. We were waiting for some sort of notification (or a door bell ring) that the car had been dropped off at the start of the delivery window. We didn't get any notice until the car had been fully dropped off. When we got the notice I walked outside immediately and just saw the car in the driveway - the Tesla drop off had happened and there was nobody to talk to at all. I couldn't get inside the car without first accepting delivery. We thoroughly inspected the outside and I was really satisfied - i actually didn't find anything wrong after 30+ mins of circling the car and running through at least external checklists. Ultimately, I called Tesla and they said that they don't normally drop off and leave but tough luck you gotta accept delivery before you can get inside. I didn't see anything through the tinted windows that seemed alarming so I accepted delivery and they unlocked it remotely. Thankfully, nothing wrong at all (at least that I have noticed). I still haven't needed any sort of servicing for anything.

TLDR: Home delivery can literally be someone dropping the car off to your driveway and leaving immediately. If you want a more "guided" drop off either be waiting outside at the start of your delivery window or switch to pick up at SC.

Hi there.

Thank you.

Love me some Maxpider. However after multiple emails and calls over the last 6 months I gave up and bought a Tasmanian set. They are almost as good and the fit is excellent. Even came with a mat for the tiny trunk compartment.

Love me some Maxpider. However after multiple emails and calls over the last 6 months I gave up and bought a Tasmanian set. They are almost as good and the fit is excellent. Even came with a mat for the tiny trunk compartment.
So that’s what it’s called, the “tiny trunk.” Lol. Wondered what to call that under cargo sspace in the 5 seater. Lol

Data Point:
EDD is still August 23rd - August 29th

Paid ~$60k on 08/10/2021 for M3P Black (white interior - no FSD):
Tesla trade-in for M3P 2021 Black = ~$47,200 to ~$50,300 (used VIN on site)
Carvana for M3P 2021 Black = $59,579 (valid for 3 weeks)
Vroom for M3P 2021 Black = $59,000 (valid for 1 week - cutting close to delivery if MX actually appears)

I chose to pay cash for MX and then sell M3P to Carvana to re-coup. I am satisfied with M3P at Carvana - didn't see need to drive to CarMax for estimate. I am now investigating the process for M3P factory reset, etc...

NOTE: I pay taxes and tag at titling - so the above cost of ownership for one year isn't really ~$500...hahah. Also, several service appointments were had on M3P for windshield issues and a vibration issue (my effective hourly rate should be factored in :)).

Last edited: