Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated my order to plaid yesterday because I was getting nervous that either plaid delivery would slip to next year or my LR 6 seater wouldnt get delivered till after the new year. Text this morning expect VIN within two weeks. Remember if you update to plaid they honor price of what plaid was back then when you placed your order, not what it is now.
Same goes for FSD.

Reactions: ICUdoc30
Hi!

Sorry, after delivery it just got so busy.

Summary of my delivery experience:

- Found the car in the delivery lot a few days before pickup.
- Made all arrangements with trade in/financing through the app and with a little help from Tesla chat, and then I could choose my pickup date/time

- Delivery day was October 8th at 12:00. Arrived at Tesla on time and parked our trade-in (old X). Walked in and signed the final papers and they took us outside to show us the car.

- Car was filthy on the outside (pollen, dust, road grime), as was all the other cars being delivered. Classic Tesla I guess

- My wife and I (and our oldest daughter), inspected the car, and other than the filthy outside, it was perfect. All gaps where great, alignment was great. Bumper paint looked like it matched perfectly. I was floored by how solid the car felt, no creaking or squeaks (Our old 2018 X75D felt like an old rust bucket in comparison), all the material was well put together, no worm on the yoke, far beyond my expectations. This is the X they should have made in the first place.

- There was some small glue residue on the rear bumper, but they brought out some goo gone and took it right off.

First 24 hours of ownership:

- The car feels like its built on a different planet compared to our old X. It is so damn solid. The new suspension is really good, and the car is very very quiet. The doors are quieter, slamming front doors no longers makes that gnarly sound of the window panes vibrating inside the door. Its quieter on the highway and you can really tell the double paned glass is doing magic. I really like that the rear hatch is now covered in felt instead of that god awful flimsy creaky black plastic.

- The seats are very very comfortable and I like the material way better than the old X (we had white in the old and opted for black in the new). Ventilated front seats works like a dream.

- Sound system is amazing, although it feels like I need to keep it at a higher volume to get the same loudness as the old one. Perhaps the ANC is doing something there, need to check more.

- Yoke is non issue for me, I dont hate it, dont love it. Took me 5-10 min to get used to it. Great on the freeway, not so great in long 20 degree turns and roundabouts.

Minor "issues" so far:

- The FWD are extremely well aligned and tight, but there is a small rubbing on each side where the plastic cover on the rear part of the FWD touches the hump of the car. I dont think this will get worse over time, so Im not sure if I want to do something about it, as the doors are so perfectly aligned. The plastic might just have to get worne a tiny bit to stop the rubbing. There is a small rubber knob I've tried adjusting in and out to avoid the door striking to close.

- The second row seat (two seater) is kinda hard to move back and forth to get to the third row. Pushing the button to fold and slide the seat is kinda hit or miss if it just folds the seat or if it folds and unlatches the seat. When it does unlatch, it takes quite a bit of push to make it move forward. This could be by design for all I know, but I prob wont do anything about this either.

- The charge port wont always open when I push the button on our mobile charger, or at the supercharger. Its been hit or miss so far, maybe 30% of the time it actually opens, the other 70% I need to push on the charge port door to make it open. Maybe a software update will tweak this.

- Third row seats dont have isofix anymore. Not sure why, but it doesnt (old X had it)

- Third row vents hardly have any air blowing, even with front fan at full speed. Not sure what this is about, but Ive read a few posts about people taking it in and having service rip up the entire vent system and taping it to prevent leaks, but resulting in not much change. Not worth it in my opinion.

- The rest of the issues are purely software stuff, like how unusable the rear screen is with no headset connection and no controlling it from the front screen. My car does have the high pitched noise while resting, which Ive read is fixed in the next software update. But its truly a very loud whine when the car is sleeping, up to 2-3 hours after Ive parked it.

Conclusion

I love this car, its the greatest car ever made (Elon wasnt kidding when he said this on the earnings call).
Its so damn fast, and its not even the Plaid.

Sorry no pictures (theres already a billion of them now here :) )
Good point about the second row seat adjustment being glitchy. I thought I had it figured out, until yesterday when I was trying to help extended family out of the back seat… and now I’m pretty sure it’s simply glitchy. (They were patient ☺️)

That being said, all three rows are very comfy and the back row in particular is FAR more spacious than the Y.

Also good point that this may just be the greatest car ever made. I had really thought the S was better until owning the X for now over 8k miles. I now believe the all-around crown is the X’s.

Reactions: TJPDX and Kitt9000
Hey guys I picked up the MXLR on Black Friday and did about 5 laps around that car looking for any reason to reject it. I was feeling a little paranoid for the fact I ordered in March 22 while older orders are still waiting. Everything was aligned and FWD work 100% of the time so far. The only issue I’ve had with the car so far is the software. I pretty sure it’ll be fixed in an update so I won’t harp on it.

Now where do I go to get 5 seater floor mats!?! Having a hard time finding accessories for the refresh.

Attachments

• 2B7B998B-A4EF-422D-B6C8-F242F8F2AE47.jpeg
    2B7B998B-A4EF-422D-B6C8-F242F8F2AE47.jpeg
    555.3 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: snappy1 and Tz00
Call the delivery center at 510-249-3500, option 1, then option 3. They are happy to tell you the assembly date (or birthdate) of your car.

Thanks for this tip again! I was able to call and find out the build date was in October. They told me it isn't a reject and it's just taking a long time to get to the Service Center in MD. Hopefully that is true but makes me nervous that it's over a month ago it was built.

Thanks for this tip again! I was able to call and find out the build date was in October. They told me it isn't a reject and it's just taking a long time to get to the Service Center in MD. Hopefully that is true but makes me nervous that it's over a month ago it was built.
My personal experience with that particular group is that they are honest. You should memorialize the exact date of fabrication for your records... (Kind of fun to know). I assume you confirmed VIN is a 2023 model, (I don't feel like going back and looking at your prior posts... :) )

It does not surprise me that delivery to MD would take a month... the logistics are complex, as your car would have to be bundled with other cars for shipment and distribution...

Hey guys I picked up the MXLR on Black Friday and did about 5 laps around that car looking for any reason to reject it. I was feeling a little paranoid for the fact I ordered in March 22 while older orders are still waiting. Everything was aligned and FWD work 100% of the time so far. The only issue I’ve had with the car so far is the software. I pretty sure it’ll be fixed in an update so I won’t harp on it.

Now where do I go to get 5 seater floor mats!?! Having a hard time finding accessories for the refresh.
If you find the mats please post where.
Anyone know if pre refresh 5 Seater mats will fit?

Reactions: Reggae_Jesus
Did 1500 miles in my new X and the car is so nice. There are some issues I'll post in the issues thread but the chargeport door doesn't open with certain superchargers or physical push like my S did. It only opens automatically with the old charger wand I kept from my S.

Service is coming out on Monday with keyfobs for free.

The yoke is something I'm getting used to but was acceptable so far. I don't like the turn signals since I can't find the exact spots consistently and quickly. I also don't like losing audio controls from buttons and relegating them to the cumbersome click wheel. Also we lost HVAC controls on wheel. Minor quibbles but they are unforced errors that add up. Don't get me started on the new crippled energy graph and loss of 2 app IC.

I check

I was on the weather tech site over the weekend looking for all weather mats for my 7 seater and looks like they finally have them for all configs.