Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost ordered myself a 2023 Model X dual motor with barely any upgrades through the Tesla website but my SA (she’s absolutely amazing like sis is legit a whole queen🫶☺️) told me that they have inventory in Toronto for a 2023 model X Plaid with majority of the upgrades that I wanted for a whole $12k cheaper, so I’m gonna check it out tmrw and buy it there n then! super excited since this is my very first car omg. and it’ll def look much nicer for attending conferences and business-related meetings then the one in using rnnn!

Anyone else being told they have to wait for engineering to clear new hardware before delivering their car?

No, my MXP is scheduled for delivery on 3/28. It's Ultra Red, so it's a recent build and appears to be HW4. I did hear from them today to remind me of the feature limitations due to the lack of USS until Tesla vision is ready. They confirmed my delivery is still for 3/28. It will be interesting to see if that changes. Did you have your delivery scheduled and then canceled?

No, my MXP is scheduled for delivery on 3/28. It's Ultra Red, so it's a recent build and appears to be HW4. I did hear from them today to remind me of the feature limitations due to the lack of USS until Tesla vision is ready. They confirmed my delivery is still for 3/28. It will be interesting to see if that changes. Did you have your delivery scheduled and then canceled?
I got a text that my car arrived early and now I am picking it up tomorrow.

It arrived off truck last Friday and was told I would be able to attempt to pick it up same day, I went out and saw it, and it looks great but they refuse to release it until engineers sign off… I’m told it’s not specific to my car at all…

In Austin, they aren’t releasing it yet. I’ll be interested to hear if you get the car tomorrow… if you do, I will be sure to point it out

Reactions: preilly44
It arrived off truck last Friday and was told I would be able to attempt to pick it up same day, I went out and saw it, and it looks great but they refuse to release it until engineers sign off… I’m told it’s not specific to my car at all…

In Austin, they aren’t releasing it yet. I’ll be interested to hear if you get the car tomorrow… if you do, I will be sure to point it out
Will let you know…it’s scheduled for late afternoon today.

Anyone else being told they have to wait for engineering to clear new hardware before delivering their car?
Had the same thing happen to me last weekend. Apparently company wide mandate to not release a huge set of Model X and S cars with HW4 that needed a major Firmware upgrade. Problem is engineering isn’t even sure yet what the hell they have to update. My service rep who is pretty in tune to things told me it’s a major headache as they have a backlog of vehicles they can’t get off the lot. I ended up moving my RN to a different color car with a newer build date that’s not subject to the update. Should be arriving next week.

Had the same thing happen to me last weekend. Apparently company wide mandate to not release a huge set of Model X and S cars with HW4 that needed a major Firmware upgrade. Problem is engineering isn’t even sure yet what the hell they have to update. My service rep who is pretty in tune to things told me it’s a major headache as they have a backlog of vehicles they can’t get off the lot. I ended up moving my RN to a different color car with a newer build date that’s not subject to the update. Should be arriving next week.
When did you find out? Before you arrived for scheduled delivery?

Thank you!!

So let’s imagine what’s happening… a batch of model x were produced with new cameras but they used an old wire for the new radar… so it ruined a batch of builds … they have some guy named Ted that is tucked away in a room programming firmware to allow the crappy wire to work with the new firmware… problem is Ted has a cough syrup addiction, and is asleep