Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thirdsies!

Model X LR/5s/MSM/20/Beige/Walnut, orderdate 10-2021. Est. Del. 4 April - 18 April (The Netherlands)

VIN-ed today, confirmed it is on the HT heading for Rotterdam.

Now I need to sell my Model Y quickly, at a decent price and we are good to go.
I read the same kind of messages on Tesla Club Sweden the past days - a lot of Model X and Model S waiting list customers from 2021 have gotten their VINs and delivery dates in early April. I am still waiting for a VIN for my Model X Plaid, ordered in November 2021, but hopefully this means delivery is getting closer.

Reactions: ShareLofty
I read the same kind of messages on Tesla Club Sweden the past days - a lot of Model X and Model S waiting list customers from 2021 have gotten their VINs and delivery dates in early April. I am still waiting for a VIN for my Model X Plaid, ordered in November 2021, but hopefully this means delivery is getting closer.
Same here. Order date September 21, Model X LR, no VIN

Reactions: CitizenKane
Have you guys noticed that prices in EU (at least EUR) are higher than in the US for S and X but not for 3 and Y expecially considering the currency exchange rate of weak USD in which they should have lower price numbers? What might be the reason here (is it just a scam?) and how have you been affected?

Took delivery today of the MX LR 7 today!
What a beast!!
Starting with the good parts:
- Delivery experience was great and the Drogenbos delivery centre especially the manager Robyn was just fantastic!! Full points and great customer service that makes up for what Tesla puts them & you up against!!
- Yoke steering: loved it . Only sore point is difficulty to engage indicators with thumb while exiting roundabouts. Other than that, I love low steering placement and the yoke seemed just tailor made !
- power & handling: had a leased raven for a while, this just feels and handles sweeter! Great job Tesla
- panel gaps, alignment, fit & finish in general: though did not have a detailed look, all seems to be in shape and the delivery centre asked to get in touch if anything appeared off & service were unresponsive- again full points for the confidence sharing.

Now for some of the day 1 sore points(few could be from my ignorance as well) :
- could not get the navigation to work. For some reason, does not seem to route or go beyond displaying location details window
- does not allow to add another driver. Asks to contact support.
- front collision warning during parking was either not active or I need to figure out how. While Driving it appeared fine.
- (BIGGEST Issue) 2nd row seat folded halfway down once when button was clicked but is now frozen. Other side did the same. After a reset, one side(split bench)has come back up but other stays frozen- worse, the mechanical lever seems unresponsive. (Will try forum suggestions where they say an actuator clip may be the culprit before I try service but definitely a bummer!)

Other than these, thoroughly enjoyed the car. Tested supercharging and the battery charged pretty rapidly as well. 🤞

Snapseed.jpeg

Snapseed.jpeg

Order is from September 21, blue, seven seater model X with round steering wheel.
View attachment 926152

Does this mean the car is produced and is waiting for the ship?
This implies your car is on Copenhagen & will reach Zeebrugge on 21st April. Keep chasing Tesla to understand where it will be delivered once you have the vin officially!
Once it reaches a DC, it is then how effective you are to push them to ensure you get delivery(complete proactively all paperwork-insurance, registration etc.)

From my experience, what I have realised is that the SC/DC don’t have a huge incentive to prioritise the MS/MX. The bulk of their day is MY deliveries and focus is on that. They don’t even have full control or visibility outside this. Only reason i got this was the DC being proactive in finding the car & sending out the digital COC, scheduling etc. - else I am sure this would have sat through a month easily.

Reactions: VishTX
Have you guys noticed that prices in EU (at least EUR) are higher than in the US for S and X but not for 3 and Y expecially considering the currency exchange rate of weak USD in which they should have lower price numbers? What might be the reason here (is it just a froff skimming?) ...

@Troy or @Mr Miserable Do you have any incling what this might be about? Inventory doesn't seem specially low.