Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
also I thought the seats were going to be perforated, they don't appear to be
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 17.05.57.png

Definitely perforated, hard to see in the sun, but look right at the thigh support

How come the "Model X" badge is only on one falcon wing door, is that the case with the older models that had the badge too?View attachment 722400
Little things like this matter at this price point.
I still find it inexcusable that there is no communication from Tesla about impending deliveries.This is a lot of money. How are people supposed to know when they need to get their financing together? When they need to end a lease? When they need to turn in the rentals? It’s a little disconcerting how little fanfare or press there has been about the most expensive car in their lineup. It tells me they don’t care about it.
I was just talking to someone who has a new Model S and it came delivered without the cover to the rear storage. He had to make a temporary one out of plywood. And it sounds like Tesla has no plans of providing it to him anytime soon. His delivery experience was terrible and incredibly disorganized. He and I have both been driving Tesla‘s since 2016 or before and in the past we found the delivery experience to be great.
My wife really wants to cancel the X order but due the lack of alternatives and shortages throughout the industry I keep telling her to hold off.
So conflicted.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see some X’s go out. The cynic in me feels like this is only because earnings are next week and they want to be able to claim deliveries have started. “We only had two quarters of no X’s” yada yada.

Meanwhile, they will trickle out slowly over the next few months and most won’t see their new X’s until next year.

I still find it inexcusable that there is no communication from Tesla about impending deliveries.This is a lot of money. How are people supposed to know when they need to get their financing together? When they need to end a lease? When they need to turn in the rentals? It’s a little disconcerting how little fanfare or press there has been about the most expensive car in their lineup. It tells me they don’t care about it.
I was just talking to someone who has a new Model S and it came delivered without the cover to the rear storage. He had to make a temporary one out of plywood. And it sounds like Tesla has no plans of providing it to him anytime soon. His delivery experience was terrible and incredibly disorganized. He and I have both been driving Tesla‘s since 2016 or before and in the past we found the delivery experience to be great.
My wife really wants to cancel the X order but due the lack of alternatives and shortages throughout the industry I keep telling her to hold off.
So conflicted.
Tesla isn't perfect. If you're looking for perfect, go order a truck from Nikola. What? They don't exist? That's because perfect doesn't exist. I agree they can improve dramatically in the communications department. Not sure why they don't 'reinvent' the communications experience like they've reinvented the driving experience. Competition is the only thing that will push them to change and adapt.

Hi folks just got home and I just upload a video. As you can probably tell I am more of an old school so online sharing is new to me. The video has vin so hopefully that answers some ppl questions. I think more deliveries are coming so hopefully all of you can get it very soon.

Have a nice weekend
@sunnyvaletree Perhaps I missed it, but where is the VIN? Can you just tell us if it’s a 2021 or 2022? @2021plaid

So conflicted.
Agree.. lining up cash downpayment with their timing is tight. They will give about 3 days notice normally.