Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came to say still no vin but to give an update on my ppf project some of us on page 499-500 started talking about stealth wraps

Just needs the ceramic coating and then apply black T badges should get it back tomorrow. Have been driving a VW that even my wife complains about 😂

Any reason other than aesthetics you opted for stealth? I'm torn on just a full PPF vs Stealth still.

Yeah... Feeling pretty hosed by Tesla more than usual. When Tesla canceled my MX order from 2020 and told me to cough up another $8K to get the refreshed Model X the SA stated my order would be on priority list for build and delivery. Now that I see that was complete mis-information.... having waited this long and having less and less faith in Tesla I image my White MX 5 seater, on 20's w/ out FSD will be end of Q1 or sometime in Q2. I am happy people are finally getting their MX's all list have a beginning and and an end...

I remember back in 2020 the seat configuration was never an issue. One would normally have to adjust to only vehicles being sent overseas. Now the most expensive seating configurations are the key. $$$$$ goes to the head of the line... so 6 seater ---> 7 seater ---> 5 seater.
Plaid seems to be a delayed... no idea why... but if it comes online in Q1 then 6 & 5 seaters will get bumped even more.
Tesla has no love for the end of the line.
IAMCCF = Bitter
I really don't think its a matter of higher $$ seating getting first priority as much as it is availability of the bench seat. It's a sad state of the world we're in right now that shipping and product manufacturing/distribution for even things as seemingly simple as a bench seat aren't so simple.

I think nearly everyone who I've seen with a new X has missed out on some or all floor mats, because again, it's an item that is hard to get right now.

If it were TRULY all about $$, they'd punt every non-plaid and only make 6 seat plaid models, but that's not happening.

Reactions: focher
I really don't think its a matter of higher $$ seating getting first priority as much as it is availability of the bench seat. It's a sad state of the world we're in right now that shipping and product manufacturing/distribution for even things as seemingly simple as a bench seat aren't so simple.

I think nearly everyone who I've seen with a new X has missed out on some or all floor mats, because again, it's an item that is hard to get right now.

If it were TRULY all about $$, they'd punt every non-plaid and only make 6 seat plaid models, but that's not happening.
The selfish person in me wishes they would do just that!

Reactions: jbrowdy
My DD is scheduled for Dec 15. I was told if the car passes inspection sooner, they will do a drop shipment. Anyone in Bay Area hearing the same message from the factory?
Fremont here. Havent heard anything since the VIN assignment. I uploaded the insurance info and Loan part yesterday. Awaiting DD.
How long did it take for you to get the DD after completing the formalities?

For BofA members who qualify for certain rewards levels, the rate on a 60 month would be 1.79%. Because I already bank there, it’s worth the slight premium over DCU and still better than Tesla financing.
I bank there as well and was planning on using them, but in recent past, I have applied for some loans through them and it is painfully difficult to get through to a human and their turnaround time is terrible. That’s what makes this whole process all that more distressing. I don’t want to apply prematurely and have to reapply. But, I want enough time to make sure I get it done. Not knowing anything about delivery estimates and therefore not knowing how to deal with the banks is really frustrating.