Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who does Tesla partner with for financing? Bigger banks? I haven't applied yet and won't until I have a VIN. Thx
They partner with a few. They are larger banks but the minimum rate you’ll get is 2.49 that’s the ground for tesla financing. They do US Bank, Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo those are the 4 I remember seeing on my Y application a few weeks ago

Reactions: Yakkodot
If I were Tesla, I would shitcan the "very high" and "High" settings on the X. Why make it something it's not. At best it's a Model S Outback off-road. Just let Vaportruck do trucky stuff. It is odd to me that they find so many places to streamline their cars for ease of manufacturing and development, and then let us have this little button on the screen that breaks the axles if we use it too much, with all the dev time it takes to make sure it worked right* before sale. There must be like one guy in Alberta who always has his in Very High all winter and they want him to keep buying cars, lol

*worked once

I will probably order another X, one day. Like everyone who has one we love the car but the company need to get their ish together.

Every time it does something weird I pull the dread pirate roberts thing on it. Goodnight hedwig, sleep well, I'll most likely sell you in the morning
Might be useful for backing a boat trailer into the water and not getting the water in the car. And in winter it is nice to have more wheel clearance in the snow of an unplowed parking lot. But the system is purchased from Mercedes and in the car, so why not give the user options. I hate when manufacturers take away options inherent in a device.

My order is from January 29th, 2021. RN 1144245 .. Plaid, five-seater, midnight silver, cream Haven't heard anything since then. I hope that we in Europe will not be completely forgotten.
Same here.
I'm also close to Munich, Puchheim.
Ordered 3 days after you a MX Plaid in Silver and 6 seater and EAP.

My Model S 100D is gone since August. Now, we are left with an M3P. Not bad, but the kids will have their driving license latest in Feb. So we need the 2nd car.
It really sucks that you don't get any reliable date.

I guess best case we see Model S and X in March in Germany, but I currently expect more to get it in June.

Unfortunately, there are no alternative EVs for my use case. I need the space and 6 seats. With the my wife and me, 2 'Kids' with their girl/friend and a Husky, there is not really another car like an X for us.

Reactions: lsds

He did recently tweet these that confirm “world production” and also specifically on MS plaid China deliveries in ~Q1 2022. If China shipments can occur so early, I assume EU should be earlier and maybe MX too.. but again speculation(tVINting)….
Market in China is bigger. Maybe they ship at the same time, as also China needs the native CCS plug.
But can also be, that we get it after China......

Need to clean my glass ball, maybe I can see a better delivery date :D

• Funny
Reactions: colo and lsds
VIN Assignment on 11/22 (Monday) - 9 days and no delivery date. Folks with Delivery Dates assigned, could you please share the time taken between VIN assignment and Delivery date assignment? (Location Fremont, Ordered Dec 15, 2020)
Shoot, @LadyMX went from VINner to delivery in less than a week I think!

Longtime lurker here:
Ordered MXLR end of April 2021 (White, White, 20 inch black rims, 5 seater) Wondering why I haven't gotten a call about updating to a 6.
Atlanta, GA
I want to be a VINner!
When I tried to get it added the Tesla SAs (3 of them) said no problem we put it through you're all set for 6 seat upgrade no increase in price. Than after 5 days no update on my account (others were usually within very short time) so I called and a 4th said he's sorry no one caught it sooner but it was only for 2020 and Q1 2021 orders (me being Q2 2021) I didn't qualify.
Same here.
I'm also close to Munich, Puchheim.
Ordered 3 days after you a MX Plaid in Silver and 6 seater and EAP.

My Model S 100D is gone since August. Now, we are left with an M3P. Not bad, but the kids will have their driving license latest in Feb. So we need the 2nd car.
It really sucks that you don't get any reliable date.

I guess best case we see Model S and X in March in Germany, but I currently expect more to get it in June.

Unfortunately, there are no alternative EVs for my use case. I need the space and 6 seats. With the my wife and me, 2 'Kids' with their girl/friend and a Husky, there is not really another car like an X for us.
While my kid is no where near able to drive she'll likely never drive my MX, pretty sure I'd get her a 3 or Y though.

When I tried to get it added the Tesla SAs (3 of them) said no problem we put it through you're all set for 6 seat upgrade no increase in price. Than after 5 days no update on my account (others were usually within very short time) so I called and a 4th said he's sorry no one caught it sooner but it was only for 2020 and Q1 2021 orders (me being Q2 2021) I didn't qualify.
I'm not aware of anyone who upgraded to 6 seat without paying the price difference. If you had a 5 seat order, it was $6500. If you had a 7 seat order, it was $3000.

How was the process? was it quick and easy? what interest rate you got if you don't mind sharing?
Adic, initially, I did not have the option to finance on my account. I reached out to my SA who added the option. Once it showed up, all I had to do was enter a couple of fields - SSN, annual pay, etc. The approval was almost instantaneous. Like the other person who posted, 2.49% for 72 months. Have not shopped around yet. I might reach out to my CU and primary bank.

Adic, initially, I did not have the option to finance on my account. I reached out to my SA who added the option. Once it showed up, all I had to to was enter a couple of fields - SSN, annual pay, etc. The approval was almost instantaneous. Like the other person who posted, 2.49% for 72 months. Have not shopped around yet. I might reach out to my CU and primary bank.
Great, Thanks! Yes, checking other options make sense as you already have one approved. Congratulations again! Hope you get your delivery soon.

I know there used to be problems with “the shudder” so I wonder if testing revealed the plaid motors are too powerful for some of the other parts to handle? Or whether they want more endurance testing to prove that you won’t just get breakdowns after a certain number of plaid launches? I don’t know, just speculation really. I wouldn’t have thought regulatory stuff took that long since we‘ve not seen other models or updates delayed by months on the initial rollout.

BTW this is a nice thread — chicken soup for those stuck in line — but not the biggest/most active. That award I expect goes to the investor’s round table (currently on page 15000+).
This is the reason I wouldn’t want a Plaid X