Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to see many of you have became VINers since my last post. Congratulations! Here is my delivery timeline and experience.

[see my signature for order date, vin date, and specs]
  1. VIN received on Friday 11/27/21 pending delivery date - profile status remained at "we're building your car" January EDD (never changed to TBD)
  2. on 11/27/21 (same day as VIN) I Emailed my SA to ask him to reopen my finance page as my previous loan approval expired. Got a call from customer service to confirm that finance page is open and that the car is still in Fremont going through final collision inspections (during conversation I learned it had to do with airbags safety). He said it'll be sent on its way to Southern CA upon completion
  3. on Saturday 11/28/2021 - applied through Tesla with Tesla preferred lender. Got 2.49% APR 72 months. Decision/Approval was almost instantaneous.
  4. App updated with delivery date scheduled for 11/30/2021, 4:00pm. Pick up location was supposed to be Costa Mesa but Telsa changed it to Irvine SC. (note: a rep told me they just moved to Irvine from Costa Mesa. I didn't ask if Irvine is in addition to SM or replacement b/c I didn't care).
  5. Monday 11/29/2021 9:00am- got a call from Irvine SC to go over delivery process, and confirm payment. He also confirmed that the car has arrived and was onsite at their center. I told him i'm waiting to see my pre-refresh credits before I complete payment. He said it will show within 24 hours of scheduled delivery so check in the afternoon. That afternoon, I saw the credits and adjusted price. Completed payment on the app.
  6. Tuesday 11/30/2021 morning - completed e-signing all documents on the app. At 3:00pm - got a call from SC asked if they can have more time to prep the car before delivery and offered to deliver it to my house free of charge due to the inconvenience. I told them they can keep it as long as needed because I'd rather them get it done right than to rush to meet an arbitrary deadline. He was very appreciative and told me he'll call back with more accurate delivery information when the car is ready. At 4:00pm -they informed me that the airbag light came on during their prep delivery inspection. They'll need to keep it longer fix and I was removed from the delivery schedule. App status now says "TBD" .
  7. Wednesday 12/1/2021 10am - got a call from SC to inform me the car is ready. (note: He said mine is the 2nd X received in Orange County).
I know Tesla's lack of communications is frustrating but once you finally receive your car, you'll forgive all the neglect. The sooner you can accept this gospel truth, the less heartburn you will have. Trust.

Hope to see everyone on the "Refresh Model X Issues" thread soon. Good luck!
Thanks for the detailed info. This is what makes the forum really helpful. Car looks GORGEOUS by the way.

Reactions: nyNYCny
Click on Delivery Configuration - View

1638417754031.png

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on here almost daily since April but I've never posted since I never had anything meaningful to contribute to this group. Seeing folks in Houston becoming VINners has me excited but sadly there's no love for me yet.

On Mar 11, 2021, I ordered my MX in MSM, Black, 5 seat, and 20" rims, I originally had FSD but decided to remove it. On October 13 I received the call to swap to the 6 seater, which I accepted. It took a day or two for the price to change and I never noticed until today that the "order placed" field changed to the same date I made the swap. Is everyone who changed to the 6 seater in the same boat or do I need to start frantically calling someone?!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 62
My bet is on a system glitch for the disappearing VINs. They always roll app/website updates around this time of the week, so my guess is it is a bug.

I spent some time adding a VINer column to the order tracking sheet that @Stro has shared. The unfortunate reality is a very small percentage of VINs have been issued amongst all of those tracking this TMC thread.

Nonetheless, I’ll channel the @EV_LIFE positive energy and let it rain VINs! 🤞

Meant to ask this a few pages earlier but with the VINs raining, pages are flying… Does the MX not lower automatically when you hit a certain speed threshold? I always thought this was standard behavior- then how does the infamous shudder even develop?
I sold my 1st x in August. I has to lower it by hand. It would raise automatically at my construction sites etc.
I think I read they had an issue with struts snapping. Mine did. They wouldn't replace them....also lowered my range without telling me. The MS community won a lawsuit for this.
I sold the car in August. Fingers crossed for no more shenanigans.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on here almost daily since April but I've never posted since I never had anything meaningful to contribute to this group. Seeing folks in Houston becoming VINners has me excited but sadly there's no love for me yet.

On Mar 11, 2021, I ordered my MX in MSM, Black, 5 seat, and 20" rims, I originally had FSD but decided to remove it. On October 13 I received the call to swap to the 6 seater, which I accepted. It took a day or two for the price to change and I never noticed until today that the "order placed" field changed to the same date I made the swap. Is everyone who changed to the 6 seater in the same boat or do I need to start frantically calling someone?!

Thanks!
It’s the same for everyone

Happy for you but 3 month wait for a car that most people on here are waiting close to a year seems crazy for tesla - no rhyme or reason to deliveries
I saw an article 6 seaters, lr, smaller wheels first, then other lr, then plaid. Similar but different strategy was laid out for ms. Demand and Delivery areas. Combining colors, wheel size availability etc. They just changed chips because of supply issues. Tough enough to run my business. I can't imagine the supply and manufacturing issues. Hats off to them.

Reactions: Captkerosene
I am the original order since nov 2020 and got 2022 vin
Based on weather or not they anticipate delivery in December or January. Got my VIN yesterday. Was supposed to get the car in January. I know it will be here in December. My first X was the opposite...ready for delivery in Dec 2016. I said I didn't want it until Jan so it would be a 2017, so it was reclassified. I guess I don't care as much this time. It would help resale if you get a January 2022

Lets give @Mong some credit.. How many times has this particular forum thread in the past doubted someone and it turned out to be true.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the way Tesla operates their business? We have established the answer to that is no.

If this is in fact true - this is great news! The latest VIN order I was otherwise aware of was made March 17th. In my mind - the sooner the 6 seaters are assigned closer to today's date the sooner we start seeing 5 and 7 cars produced! But again... Tesla will be Tesla
Its white, 6 seater, probably has the small wheels too. Its fits into what they're building 1st and there was an opening on a truck.

Ok October 19, 2020 order here in NC. I’m going to manifest it. Today is my day. You know why? Because I just got assigned to fly out for the next 2 weeks for work. And given my impeccable luck, that should be the time the delivery is scheduled.

C’mon Elon, you know you want to 😉

Also, Tesla interns, I know you want to as well!

LR X/Blue Exterior/White Interior/20”/FSD
I have seen zero blue Vins. Doesn't appear theyre making blue or red yet. Makes since to batch paint production.