Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California is a two-party consent state so be careful when recording a Tesla phone call coming from CA. Notify them you are recording otherwise it's illegal to do so. Taking contemporaneous notes is a different story.
I was told that the conversation was being recorded for Quality Control purposes... so I think we're covered. :D

I hear you. I suppose I was one of the ultimate beta testers by buying back in 2012…
That, you were! I've never 'beta tested' a car before. The most expensive 'early adoption' purchase I've done is probably a $40K TV. Now... that came with 'white glove' delivery and setup. Super customer service and the TV lasted a good while. So, when people say they expect a company to treat them well for spending 100K, I agree with them. If a damn TV company can treat me like a king for buying a damn TV, I think Tesla could do the same. All I ask for is communication, nothing else. That'll make me feel like a king... an informed king.

View attachment 741807View attachment 741808View attachment 741809View attachment 741810I’ve had a few requests for the differences between the 2017 and 2022 Model X along with some interior pictures so here goes.
Handling! I’ve never driven a Raven S/X but this is much better than any pre Raven S/X and in my opinion better than the Model 3. The service manager who moved it before I got there said it was a leap above Raven.
Smooth Power. Didn’t realize how much of a difference there was between 4.7 seconds and 3.8 seconds.

Sound System. Music sounds even better and the fact that nothing rattles makes the base so smooth.

NOTHING RATTLES!!! If you have had an earlier Model X this will make you as excited as it made me.

Road Noise. It’s so quiet!

Ventilated Seats. I was skeptical but I love them. They will be amazing for a long road trips.

I like the yoke and it didn’t take long to get used to. I know a lot of people have had a issue with the turn signals but I drove 100 miles on the interstate on Autopilot but not NoA and used them enough to prefer it to a stalk.

I prefer the new landscape screen although everything has moved and I’m not used to it yet. The browser is incredibly fast.

Also there are lots of small changes like:

Lights in the rear speaker grills.

Buttons like the 3/Y on the inside of the front doors.

All 4 door interiors are completely redesigned.

Extra cargo compartments in the rear and slightly smaller Frunk.

In summary, The 2017 is a Spaceship and the 2022 is a Spaceship From The Future.

I think that’s about it but let me know if anyone has any additional questions.
That white interior is PURDY. I can't wait!!!!

I was just getting fed up with the rattles in my 2016 MX just this past week. I can't imagine the difference. I can't wait.

I can't wait for my spaceship from the future!!!!

That, you were! I've never 'beta tested' a car before. The most expensive 'early adoption' purchase I've done is probably a $40K TV. Now... that came with 'white glove' delivery and setup. Super customer service and the TV lasted a good while. So, when people say they expect a company to treat them well for spending 100K, I agree with them. If a damn TV company can treat me like a king for buying a damn TV, I think Tesla could do the same. All I ask for is communication, nothing else. That'll make me feel like a king... an informed king.
I agree. Every time I call my Kaleidescape dealer, they treat me like royalty. In fact last time when my Strato failed to reboot after firmware update they called me before I realized and had me running back up.

Tesla seems like paying money for a Kaleidescape and getting a Apple TV.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Hi again, friends.

In the past day or so, my estimated January date got pushed back to February.

Design details:
  • Model X Plaid
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 22'' Turbine Wheels
  • Cream Interior with Carbon Fiber Decor
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

Attachments

• 49E8F45C-1BFA-44D0-B4E6-07F342724EA1.jpeg
    49E8F45C-1BFA-44D0-B4E6-07F342724EA1.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Disagree
Reactions: outie and Hebert
I agree. Every time I call my Kaleidescape dealer, they treat me like royalty. In fact last time when my Strato failed to reboot after firmware update they called me before I realized and had me running back up.

Tesla seems like paying money for a Kaleidescape and getting a Apple TV.
Exactly! Some day we will hopefully look back and say to ourselves, "I remember when this company had *sugar* service. Look at them now!" Hopefully meaning they are better and not worse.

There's a difference between saying one thing and believing it to be true, when in fact it turns out it isn't. And on the other hand knowing its not true and saying the thing hoping people will believe the lie. I don't believe they are telling the lie. I think they are constantly over optimistic. We can agree to disagree on this one.
Elon literally said (in Jan of 2021)the refresh would be starting deliveries in a few weeks. So what are people supposed to believe and that is right after he also said they are in production. So if that’s not a lie what is it?

View attachment 741807View attachment 741808View attachment 741809View attachment 741810I’ve had a few requests for the differences between the 2017 and 2022 Model X along with some interior pictures so here goes.
Handling! I’ve never driven a Raven S/X but this is much better than any pre Raven S/X and in my opinion better than the Model 3. The service manager who moved it before I got there said it was a leap above Raven.
Smooth Power. Didn’t realize how much of a difference there was between 4.7 seconds and 3.8 seconds.

Sound System. Music sounds even better and the fact that nothing rattles makes the base so smooth.

NOTHING RATTLES!!! If you have had an earlier Model X this will make you as excited as it made me.

Road Noise. It’s so quiet!

Ventilated Seats. I was skeptical but I love them. They will be amazing for a long road trips.

I like the yoke and it didn’t take long to get used to. I know a lot of people have had a issue with the turn signals but I drove 100 miles on the interstate on Autopilot but not NoA and used them enough to prefer it to a stalk.

I prefer the new landscape screen although everything has moved and I’m not used to it yet. The browser is incredibly fast.

Also there are lots of small changes like:

Lights in the rear speaker grills.

Buttons like the 3/Y on the inside of the front doors.

All 4 door interiors are completely redesigned.

Extra cargo compartments in the rear and slightly smaller Frunk.

In summary, The 2017 is a Spaceship and the 2022 is a Spaceship From The Future.

I think that’s about it but let me know if anyone has any additional questions.

Would you mind posting a picture of the "Additional Vehicle Information" in the software tab ?:)

What could be wrong with the LR X? They didn't change that much besides the interior, which is the same as the S interior which they are delivering regularly now, so I don't understand how there could be issues. I understand the Plaid could be delayed as that is new but the regular LR X, what could the issue be?
I think there's some consensus building around an airbag or Falcon wing door issue. Look at @LadyMX's delivery update post a few (hundred) pages back.

Hi guys,

Just a quick PSA.. when looking at and modifying the Model X Order Tracking sheet please be super mindful and careful of deleting other's data. I am keeping this form's settings to "anyone can edit" to help foster the collaborative experience that this has made. This started with just 8 columns and one tab. The community has added additional columns, additional data, the awesome Summary tab and help cleaning up typos too. This is great!

Unfortunately there have been a few instances of someone deleting all data on the form or trolling and modifying everyone else's entries. This just happened again. When this happens I resort to the version history to undo these changes. I understand accidents but some of the messages left behind make it clear this is on purpose.

I understand some of us may be frustrated but we're all in the same boat. No point in sinking it. Lets keep it afloat for as long as our spirit will let us 😄

Thank you for saying this... my original post was deleted a few weeks ago.
I was sure that I posted originally, and then I updated it when I added the TBD tracker on page 2... the next time I went in, my entire entry was gone :(

I don't want to come across as entitled or anything, but this is too much. I ordered my X on January 10th, 2021 (before the refresh was announced). I've since waited patiently, only to have the delivery estimate slip month after month, like all of you. However last month I received 2 calls from 2 different gentlemen in Fremont CA (I live in SoCal), both of whom informed me that if I switched from 5 to 6 seat config, I could take delivery in December. Almost immediately after making the change to 6 seat, my account showed "January" as the delivery estimate. They said "don't worry, that's just a placeholder, you'll 100% take delivery in December".

Now that December has rolled around, I cannot reach one of them, and the other one's phone seems to be disconnected. I didn't think much of it until today when I checked my account and my estimated delivery is now February.

I can't help but feel I was lied to in order to fill some quota for the most expensive seat configuration, which won't even expedite my delivery. I'm at a loss here, I have no idea who to contact to get switched back to 5 seat (since the promise of an expedited delivery wasn't/won't be kept) and have no clue if I'll ever even take delivery of this damn car. It feels like a unicorn just barely out of reach. Sorry, I just need to vent. Who else is in the same boat?
Exactly 100% same scenario, same feelings, and same request :(
I am so upset with Tesla, can't hide my anger...
it is only for how the price is dramatically increased since day of order I am keeping my order and Yes I will switch back to 5 seat and forget it,

I don't want to come across as entitled or anything, but this is too much. I ordered my X on January 10th, 2021 (before the refresh was announced). I've since waited patiently, only to have the delivery estimate slip month after month, like all of you. However last month I received 2 calls from 2 different gentlemen in Fremont CA (I live in SoCal), both of whom informed me that if I switched from 5 to 6 seat config, I could take delivery in December. Almost immediately after making the change to 6 seat, my account showed "January" as the delivery estimate. They said "don't worry, that's just a placeholder, you'll 100% take delivery in December".

Now that December has rolled around, I cannot reach one of them, and the other one's phone seems to be disconnected. I didn't think much of it until today when I checked my account and my estimated delivery is now February.

I can't help but feel I was lied to in order to fill some quota for the most expensive seat configuration, which won't even expedite my delivery. I'm at a loss here, I have no idea who to contact to get switched back to 5 seat (since the promise of an expedited delivery wasn't/won't be kept) and have no clue if I'll ever even take delivery of this damn car. It feels like a unicorn just barely out of reach. Sorry, I just need to vent. Who else is in the same boat?
Exactly 100% same scenario, same feelings, and same request :(
I am so upset with Tesla, can't hide my anger...
it is only for how the price is dramatically increased since day of order I am keeping my order and Yes I will switch back to 5 seat and forget it,

Reactions: tanner
We haven't had a new VINner in a week.
Based on the 3 Freemont Flyover videos we've all watched (way too many times) over the past few days... I think that we're due.
C'mon laptop guy... I'm sure my name will be on the next ball to be pulled out of the tesla hat!
But honestly, I'm looking for any one of us to become a VINner this week.

We haven't had a new VINner in a week.
Based on the 3 Freemont Flyover videos we've all watched (way too many times) over the past few days... I think that we're due.
C'mon laptop guy... I'm sure my name will be on the next ball to be pulled out of the tesla hat!
But honestly, I'm looking for any one of us to become a VINner this week.
Call that Fremont number and see what they say your delivery timeline is!

Reactions: TWENT2