Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious question..

Help me understand screen protectors on the MCU. I get a screen protector on your phone where it shares a pocket with your keys which could scratch it. Or you could accidently drop a phone on the ground. Screen damage also affects repair value.

I have never scratched a screen in any of my cars... the only thing that touches them is my fingers.
Key scratches or accidently dropping your MCU don't apply. I don't believe scratches on the screen impact resale value to a vehicle at least.

Convince me :)
I have 2 great Danes and 2 kids that will scratch any screen! :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Stro
Well this Florida girls loves living here and I woke up this morning a VINNER!!!! (I’ll update the spreadsheet next). I called the SA “Mike” who I talked to multiple times in October when told if we paid and switched to 6 seats we would get the car before the end of 2021 BUT not surprisingly his number is no longer in service now. Guess I’ll try the Fremont number later today.

P.S. I’m a native FL girl (third generation) but lived in SC for 9 years also and have traveled A LOT. I enjoy what many states have for scenery, activities and food but still prefer my scuba and SUP adventures here in southeast FL - Wellington. (I’ve lived in Naples, Orlando and Tampa too). Plus since I work from home or my phone/iPad/laptop I don’t worry much about traffic but it’s not as bad here as in Miami/Orlando/Tampa for sure.

Ordered B/B/20in/FSD/PLAID/5 seat on 3/11/21. . Changed to 6 seat in Oct 2021 after “the call” . .. removed FSD in Dec 2021 . . . EDD recently changed last week from Feb to TBD, it’s still TBD but VIN is there!
Looks like a pattern: Plaids starting to roll out to the Southeast (Florida and Georgia). Hopefully, this suggests Plaids are being pushed out - first to CA (as seen already), followed by east coast, working west (to the Midwest, where I am). Crossing my fingers I get some kind of update in the next week or so.

And for my TMC friends, I also hope this push allows Tesla to ramp up LR production and delivery after they get the Plaids out of the way!

Well this Florida girls loves living here and I woke up this morning a VINNER!!!! (I’ll update the spreadsheet next). I called the SA “Mike” who I talked to multiple times in October when told if we paid and switched to 6 seats we would get the car before the end of 2021 BUT not surprisingly his number is no longer in service now. Guess I’ll try the Fremont number later today.

P.S. I’m a native FL girl (third generation) but lived in SC for 9 years also and have traveled A LOT. I enjoy what many states have for scenery, activities and food but still prefer my scuba and SUP adventures here in southeast FL - Wellington. (I’ve lived in Naples, Orlando and Tampa too). Plus since I work from home or my phone/iPad/laptop I don’t worry much about traffic but it’s not as bad here as in Miami/Orlando/Tampa for sure.

Ordered B/B/20in/FSD/PLAID/5 seat on 3/11/21. . Changed to 6 seat in Oct 2021 after “the call” . .. removed FSD in Dec 2021 . . . EDD recently changed last week from Feb to TBD, it’s still TBD but VIN is there!
Congratulations, finally another Floridian with a vin [not me] , hopefully u get delivered soon.

Fantastic! Another florida VIN, about time? where in florida is your pick up location? Hope this is a trend :)

88E9EE6C-7DCF-4DED-AF2B-E75A1D29DC6F.png

Not me. Located in California. Posted on FB Tesla Model X Owners Club

While we are chatting about taxes and states, what % taxes (total) would it cost to pick up my MX in Fremont?

Here in Texas it’s only 6.25%. But I may change my address to Cali if it means getting my car sooner.
About $12k. $11k in 10.25% sales tax. Then another $1k in DMV registration (ours is based on vehicle value).

And then you’ll pay the TX tax again when you transfer it back.

I know we’re going way off topic here (but what else can we do right now). I’m from CA. I like it. If you’re from TX or another state and like it, that’s great too. But what I never get is how people outside CA, especially those who’ve never lived here, think they know everything about here.

First, the misinformation. “Ohhh, the taxes”. Taxes on what? Income tax? Well I’ll gladly pay 6-7% state income tax on a $350k salary vs 0% on $250k. Most jobs here pay higher by quite a bit. Property tax? It’s 1%. It’s like 3% everywhere else I’ve lived.

Cost of living is high. Yea, it’s obviously higher than the national average. But also, not everyone here lives in SF and LA. We have actual normal towns too. Don’t judge the entire state by clickbait articles about SF housing.

Anyway, I could go on and on about the misinformation about CA, but I’m getting way off topic.
Not to get on the California subject, but have you ever been to a major Californian city? I’ve seen third world countries with less cracked out people.