Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a LR with 22's at the KC SC and it had Pirelli all-season tires.
I saw a MXP at the SLC SC yesterday with 20” wheels and Michelin Latitude 3 Sport summer tires. They may be using a variety of tires due to supply chain craziness. I would think that the LR would get priority for the all seasons if supply is limited. I bought a set of all seasons on Tire Rack for my (hopefully) impending MXP delivery, just in case. There isn’t a lot to choose from, and it looks like supplies are dwindling rapidly.

Be careful. If you change anything, the entire order may (will) be re-priced at the new prices, and you will go to the end of the line. About the only thing you can change is add (or remove) FSD. Although if you delete FSD and then put it back, it will cost you $2,000. My MXLR was ordered July 2021, and is still there. I added FSD just before the price went up by $2,000.
Existing orders appear to be grandfathered in to the old price. I did not opt for FSD and can still add it if I would like for 10k. I'm not sure if that would be the case however if you initially ordered it, remove it, and then add it again though...

I have a 5 seat Plaid on order and still no call. Same area of the country as you as well, CT southwest near NY border.
I got the call. Choose the 6 seat for free $6500 change. FSD now 12K instead of 10K so 8.5 k credit on my Config. Red plaid live Western MA.

The 2022 will be my 5th Tesla with a cybertruck on order. 2013 S, 2015 S dual motor, 2016 X 6 seat, 2018 X 5 seat. Changed X for 5 seat and got more utility.

Ordered 1/27/21. Delivery now March

I got the call. Choose the 6 seat for free $6500 change. FSD now 12K instead of 10K so 8.5 k credit on my Config. Red plaid live Western MA.

The 2022 will be my 5th Tesla with a cybertruck on order. 2013 S, 2015 S dual motor, 2016 X 6 seat, 2018 X 5 seat. Changed X for 5 seat and got more utility.

Ordered 1/27/21. Delivery now March
I can totally see everyone riding their cybertruck before any 5/7 seat LR

Anecdotally, there have been a couple of folks that have shown that to be the case. That’s a small sample size, but we at least know it’s a non-zero
I got my plaid S way faster than my LR that I eventually cancelled. Ordered first week of august and had vin by end of month. People in the model s thread were pissed.
Ordered 6 seat X LR on 05/04, 6 seat Plaid on 08/12. Got VIN for Plaid yesterday. EDD for LR still March.

• Love
Reactions: Kaos_X and lexus26
No concession. She will not drive unless it’s in creep mode and acts like a regular gas car that she’s been driving for 20 years. This is our first Tesla yes, but we have rented and test driven a lot of them

I can probably get her to learn to like it though…. What’s really turning me off to Tesla is their tactics…. Like pushing out Plaids to folks who just ordered a month ago because it’s a higher margin…. Or the arrogance and lack of care they show every time I call to inquire about my order… it’s like I’m not asking you for charity I am giving you 100k+ act like you freaking care….. their attitude is you’ll get it when you get it…otherwise just cancel we don’t care.

No creep is a deal breaker. My wife also won't drive a car without creep. So I'm out with the product currently as is. The lack of a proper steering wheel, which the yoke is not given the current steering ratio, no energy graph, no folding second row seats, and no wood trim options are things I've been grappling with trying to convince myself I could live with them, but lack of creep is not something my wife is willing to live without. I personally would never use creep as it makes one peal driving impossible and ruins ultra low speed micro adjustment control, but I'm not the only driver.

So I'm obviously not canceling the order because I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell the reservation for a pretty penny in October(my EDD). But I'm also hoping that some of these things get fixed. The software issues, like creep and energy graph, can be fixed OTA. Lack of folding 2nd row seats and the Yoke will obviously required hardware updates.

I'm hoping that by the time October rolls around that the safety compromises of the Yoke will result in the NHTSA forcing a recall.

i have just ordered a 6 seat X LR, white exterior/black interior
my question is do you guys think FSD would worth for $12k? i can still add it but am not decided as autopilot is already included without any fee
Thanks much
I have the beta and it's getting better every update. I'm hearing the next update you don't have to touch the steering wheel anymore but the rear view camera will monitor your face to see if your paying attention.
I'd say yes if you have patience for development. it's a work in progress but in the right direction.

Last edited:
No creep is a deal breaker. My wife also won't drive a car without creep. So I'm out with the product currently as is. The lack of a proper steering wheel, which the yoke is not given the current steering ratio, no energy graph, no folding second row seats, and no wood trim options are things I've been grappling with trying to convince myself I could live with them, but lack of creep is not something my wife is willing to live without. I personally would never use creep as it makes one peal driving impossible and ruins ultra low speed micro adjustment control, but I'm not the only driver.

So I'm obviously not canceling the order because I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell the reservation for a pretty penny in October(my EDD). But I'm also hoping that some of these things get fixed. The software issues, like creep and energy graph, can be fixed OTA. Lack of folding 2nd row seats and the Yoke will obviously required hardware updates.

I'm hoping that by the time October rolls around that the safety compromises of the Yoke will result in the NHTSA forcing a recall.
Model 3 and Y still have creep mode. It’s only been removed from S/X and who knows maybe it comes back with a software update.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
So I'm obviously not canceling the order because I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell the reservation for a pretty penny in October(my EDD).
I see some people posting this idea, but just so there's no confusion ...

Tesla does not allow you to sell or transfer a reservation. You will have to buy the car and then resell it. And in California (not sure about other states), you cannot recoup the sales tax when you resell it. That may be entirely worth it financially, but it's a distinction with meaning.

Honestly - I'm looking forward to the yoke. (ordered my new X LR 6 seater on January 27th of last year - now have a so-called March delivery) I have a longer torso and like to have the 'wheel' close to my thighs, which I cannot do with a normal wheel. Can't really see the velocity indicator when the wheel on my 2018 X is in some positions. Believe the yoke will take some getting used to and would like to see some sort of online simulator to help coming up to speed.

Would like to hear from those folks who have a new X with the yoke and how they're dealing with it. I'm OK with my X the way it is - don't need Creep Mode. To me the energy graph is a useless indicator. I would like to be able to reconfigure the display to fit my needs. If you see films of older aircraft you'll see that the 'wheel' is really a large circular affair - like an auto's wheel. Now it's a yoke or a couple of sticks. Times change.

The trim colors bother me a bit. My current X is blue with black interior. 6 seats, which I really like. I do some wood working and really like walnut so the trim is walnut or almost walnut. Really like it. Ebony is a nice wood - very expensive, but I'm not seriously excited about it. When (if??) the new X arrives I may find someone with a new white X with the wood I want and see if the local SC body shop will switch them out for us.

regards,
Bob

i have just ordered a 6 seat X LR, white exterior/black interior
my question is do you guys think FSD would worth for $12k? i can still add it but am not decided as autopilot is already included without any fee
Thanks much
As previous owner for an X with FSD, the answer is no , i did not order it for the the new X, even i paid $5k 3 years a go.

Picked up my Red/Black with 20" wheels this morning at Fremont Factory. It came with AMD Ryzen CPU.

There were 2 other Model X Plaid ready for delivery next to me (Red/Black with 22" Wheels (vin: 3296xx), White/Black with 20" wheels (vin: 3264xx).

No issues with the vehicle so far, everything is perfect. Just missing one piece in the tow hook bag.

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1814.jpeg
    IMG_1814.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1815.jpeg
    IMG_1815.jpeg
    740.2 KB · Views: 80
Not to sound negative, but if Tesla can't seem to see a way forward with the 5 and 7 seat options with their more expensive plaid, it seems there is little chance they're going to all of a sudden solve that problem with the LR X instead. With the smaller number of plaids sold, they probably decided to absorb the cost of giving away the "upgrade" to the 6 seat minibus version while they decide what they will do with the 5 and 7 seat LR X orders. They probably don't want to give away that many. For me, anyway, I'd want to see the 6 seat in person to see how useful it would be to me. Otherwise, a really expensive minibus isn't exactly what I had in mind when I ordered it, and probably won't want it at all in that version.

Picked up my Red/Black with 20" wheels this morning at Fremont Factory. It came with AMD Ryzen CPU.

There were 2 other Model X Plaid ready for delivery next to me (Red/Black with 22" Wheels (vin: 3296xx), White/Black with 20" wheels (vin: 3264xx).

No issues with the vehicle so far, everything is perfect. Just missing one piece in the tow hook bag.
They all come with Ryzen.

Honestly - I'm looking forward to the yoke. (ordered my new X LR 6 seater on January 27th of last year - now have a so-called March delivery) I have a longer torso and like to have the 'wheel' close to my thighs, which I cannot do with a normal wheel. Can't really see the velocity indicator when the wheel on my 2018 X is in some positions. Believe the yoke will take some getting used to and would like to see some sort of online simulator to help coming up to speed.

Would like to hear from those folks who have a new X with the yoke and how they're dealing with it. I'm OK with my X the way it is - don't need Creep Mode. To me the energy graph is a useless indicator. I would like to be able to reconfigure the display to fit my needs. If you see films of older aircraft you'll see that the 'wheel' is really a large circular affair - like an auto's wheel. Now it's a yoke or a couple of sticks. Times change.

The trim colors bother me a bit. My current X is blue with black interior. 6 seats, which I really like. I do some wood working and really like walnut so the trim is walnut or almost walnut. Really like it. Ebony is a nice wood - very expensive, but I'm not seriously excited about it. When (if??) the new X arrives I may find someone with a new white X with the wood I want and see if the local SC body shop will switch them out for us.

regards,
Bob
I have had my X for almost 1 month and I love the yoke. Took me a few days to get use to it but now I love it. I think the only thing I don't like about it is horn placement.

When did you order, etc?