Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine now say April again too... We'll see. I'm not holding my breath.

1616902602825.png

Reactions: elguapo
If this latest tweet is honest, appears they are open testing badged plaid model S with the yoke(probably now approved if public testing- unless there are the Nhtsa rules on testing unapproved?)- so good news might come sooner than expected!

Link

Trusting any Service Advisor, delivery person, or any other employee of Tesla to give you any accurate delivery information prior to a VIN assignment is a fool's errand. They simply don't know anything, they aren't told anything, and when they claim to know something they've either been misinformed or are just making something up so that they have something to tell you.

I know that all sounds cynical, but you won't find a single person who actually has bought a new Tesla model in the beginning of its production that has had a different experience.

I mean, if seeing an estimated delivery date on your account or getting one from an advisor gives comfort then no worries. But it's just meaningless.

Trusting any Service Advisor, delivery person, or any other employee of Tesla to give you any accurate delivery information prior to a VIN assignment is a fool's errand. They simply don't know anything, they aren't told anything, and when they claim to know something they've either been misinformed or are just making something up so that they have something to tell you.

I know that all sounds cynical, but you won't find a single person who actually has bought a new Tesla model in the beginning of its production that has had a different experience.

I mean, if seeing an estimated delivery date on your account or getting one from an advisor gives comfort then no worries. But it's just meaningless.
I agree and have low expectations that any new model X will actually be delivered in April (I think MS will hopefully). But the fact that delivery estimates are reappearing is at least encouraging that something is happening behind the scenes.

Reactions: elguapo and lsds
Looks like everyone with the delivery date shown now are those ordered after the refresh announced. Those that order before that (me included) simply have their order of old version updated to the refreshed version and do not have the delivery date shown up yet. According to some rumor from the refresh S waiting thread, it may mean orders prior to refresh will get priority.

Reactions: aromaticriddle
The wait has just got started my friend. I ordered Model Y initially believing the ETAs but a month and half passed by from the ETA expiry and no VIN was ever assigned; I decided to give up on Model Y and ordered X. I'll be surprised if they even meet their June ETA.
If you still want a Y you should come on down to Nothern California. Immediate delivery of Y Dual Motor or Performance. Lots of colors.

Looks like everyone with the delivery date shown now are those ordered after the refresh announced. Those that order before that (me included) simply have their order of old version updated to the refreshed version and do not have the delivery date shown up yet. According to some rumor from the refresh S waiting thread, it may mean orders prior to refresh will get priority.
Those who take delivery of their X first have priority. In other words, there really isn’t much order or magic around when you ordered, etc. Historically, it was more expensive models delivered first, but that’s when Tesla was living “paycheck to paycheck”. As we all know the dates are meaningless. Getting a VIN makes you feel better, but still doesn’t mean delivery is imminent.

No one will get an X until they’re making them and they aren’t making them. It will be obvious when they start as they have very limited internal storage and the drone army is monitoring the lot. We will know and see carriers taking Xs out for shipping, etc.

The wait is the fun part! Enjoy it!

Like everybody else, we had April, disappeared, then back to April again. LR, red, 6 seat, white interior, in Los Angeles. But we will probably hold off until the tax credit law/bill is passed
The only problem with that is the new bill will probably have severe income limits and/or price limits for the car so the Model X may not even qualify.

Reactions: elguapo
The only problem with that is the new bill will probably have severe income limits and/or price limits for the car so the Model X may not even qualify.
100% agree and it’s not a “problem”. If you have $80,000+ to spend on a car, you don’t need a $7,500 credit - or any credit. And it’s highly unlikely it is actually changing your behavior.

If, however, you trade in an ice car and buy something under say $50,000, you should probably be incentivized with some sort of credit n

Reactions: lsds and focher