Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to tesla and ordered MX after my SUV totaled . It was ordered originally 12/27 and refresh 1/27. We are family of 5 with one big dog. Original promise was 2/15- 3/15 but mine do not show any estimated delivery. As of today web site for new orders says oct -nov. Would model Y a good alternative ? I am not sure how much long I can adjust with one car.

I'm new to tesla and ordered MX after my SUV totaled . It was ordered originally 12/27 and refresh 1/27. We are family of 5 with one big dog. Original promise was 2/15- 3/15 but mine do not show any estimated delivery. As of today web site for new orders says oct -nov. Would model Y a good alternative ? I am not sure how much long I can adjust with one car.
If you need a car before July/August, then a Y might be a better alternative. "Tesla time" is nebulous and until new products actually ship, don't rely on listed website estimates or rumors for delivery dates.

Reactions: Vitaman
The Y will come in 4 to 8 weeks, but it'll be small for your family.

yes as a lot of you know he said model s being delivered shortly. model s ramp soon thereafter. model x q3. "battery issue with the palladium program"

with that being said my estimated delivery changed from April to Prepare for delivery today lol

yes as a lot of you know he said model s being delivered shortly. model s ramp soon thereafter. model x q3. "battery issue with the palladium program"

with that being said my estimated delivery changed from April to Prepare for delivery today lol
Same with mine. I just completed the remaining steps. Weird stuff. I think it has to do with the redesign of that page that was rolled out today. Mostly front-end design.

It's notable that he didn't actually give a specific date for Ss shipping. That means there is no date, otherwise he would of given one. By just saying "shortly," it gives him enough wiggle room so that as long as at least one S ships before next quarter's earnings call, he met his commitment. Same with the Xs, he said Q3, which means that as long as he ships one X before the end of Q3 earnings call, he met his commitment. This reeks of either poor project management or of one or more significant issues that require additional R&D to solve. Possibly both. Even three months away from a release is no time at all when shipping something as complicated as a car. My guess is that they have adapted some form of agile project management from the software world and applied it to car manufacturing. Agile project management has some really good benefits, but its biggest drawback is has no solid mechanism for predicting or hitting a specific release date. It would also explain their method of constantly tinkering with the products after launch. Alternatively, they have some unspecified supply chain or design issue which requires an unknown amount of R&D to solve.

Edit: an additional thought... that would also explain why none of the SAs have any additional information. There might not be any additional info. They might just do project planning on a week or two week cycle and just ship "when it's done." Which bolsters the idea that you should ignore any release date they supply until the product is actually shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: TallBill
Jan 3 order, initially Feb 15-March 15 dele very. Just a - now. Really annoyed as not going to get until after summer, probably Sept earliest. This isn't some startup, this is the world's most valuable car company. Ha, ha ha. Sorry a refresh can't take down the line for 7-8 months if you justify the stock price as better than everyone else. You aren't a little pee-ant startup anymore, you are the most valuable in the world?

Too bad there is no competition and super charging by us is the only option and that isn't even that good. And I do believe EVs are the future and Tesla is getting us there. But boy there are things Tesla needs to do better.

Just not thet enamored with a refresh that takes 8 months. Lots I didn't ask for: obsession with 'minimal design' is dangerous as taking eyes off road for everything in a screen is dangerous. yoke is a wierd design, missing turn signal stalks is probably dangerous in fast moving traffic, park drive reverse th thing is unknown and not asked for. Battery is smaller so range is LESS than old!! So less for $10k more also. A PS5 in the back, not asked for and will NEVER use,ever. Removed chrome, don't care.

Did they fix the real problem of Acceleration Shudder??? Or the sub-par headlights?

Honestly only thing I wanted and got was the heat pump.

Seriously looking at used Xs right now instead. Wow are they holding their value for 2019 Raven and 2020s. My mistake was not ordering a $80k X in Oct 2020 and getting the end of a breed where all the bugs were worked out. Would have had car now and it would be sweet!

I know I just posted almost the same thing in another thread but this is absolutely f'n ridiculous... Tesla has been delivering cars for almost a decade now and they STILL can't get production timelines right... My X lease is up in September and I had planned on getting another X but based on what I'm reading today, that is highly unlikely to be an option... As a one car family I don't have the option of saying "yeah I'll just wait"... Love my Model X but HATE Tesla as a company. It's so appallingly run by incompetent management starting at the top with Elon who's really damn good at "selling" but not much else... The S/X are established lines, who the hell releases a "refresh" only to put a HUGE gap in between the cars they're no longer making/selling and the "new" ones...

As I said in my other post, sadly Tesla makes this very simple despite me really wanting their product... Either it's there to buy when I need it or it's not and we buy something else and Tesla loses a sale they're never going to get back. Sadly, Tesla hasn't cared about this since the Model S took off (pun intended) and I doubt they're going to start caring about this now. No interest whatsoever in a 3/Y/S...

Jeff

I know I just posted almost the same thing in another thread but this is absolutely f'n ridiculous... Tesla has been delivering cars for almost a decade now and they STILL can't get production timelines right... My X lease is up in September and I had planned on getting another X but based on what I'm reading today, that is highly unlikely to be an option... As a one car family I don't have the option of saying "yeah I'll just wait"... Love my Model X but HATE Tesla as a company. It's so appallingly run by incompetent management starting at the top with Elon who's really damn good at "selling" but not much else... The S/X are established lines, who the hell releases a "refresh" only to put a HUGE gap in between the cars they're no longer making/selling and the "new" ones...

As I said in my other post, sadly Tesla makes this very simple despite me really wanting their product... Either it's there to buy when I need it or it's not and we buy something else and Tesla loses a sale they're never going to get back. Sadly, Tesla hasn't cared about this since the Model S took off (pun intended) and I doubt they're going to start caring about this now. No interest whatsoever in a 3/Y/S...

Jeff
While I agree this seems like amateur hour, I put a deposit down on a new C8 Corvette January 2020 and I just got contacted by the dealer 2 weeks ago to ask if I was ready to order.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
What car are you coming from? That will give me a good idea if a Model Y is a good idea for you or not.

Interestingly enough, I just checked my page and the deliver date still shows as "April"
Wonder why all of yours changed and mine didnt. I ordered mine on the first day the new design was released
Don't think anyone with April has changed away from April. I know mine hasn't, although I know for a fact it won't be here tomorrow or Friday....or May or June. Maybe July.

Reactions: Breischaft
Question. Estimates on an order now say estimated delivery in October or November.

If you decide to cancel say in September, does Tesla likely just cancel and you lose your $100 order fee only? They kinda state now in the order agreement that your liable for order fee, transportation fee, etc.

Wanting to place an order to "get in line" but there may be a chance I'll need to cancel it in late August - September.