Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you decide to cancel say in September, does Tesla likely just cancel and you lose your $100 order fee only? They kinda state now in the order agreement that your liable for order fee, transportation fee, etc.
Has the verbiage or original order agreement you have changed by any chance? Assume the €100 we forfeit covers all the liability- nothing else mentioned specific to transportation or other fee explicitly and has always been the norm.

Has the verbiage or original order agreement you have changed by any chance? Assume the €100 we forfeit covers all the liability- nothing else mentioned specific to transportation or other fee explicitly and has always been the norm.
The current verbiage from the site says:

Order Process; Cancellation; Changes. After you submit your completed order, we will begin the process of preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law. You acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise impracticable or extremely difficult to determine....

----

The key word I see is "retain" thus perhaps that eludes to if you have already paid the order fee, any transportation fee (i.e. it arrives at service center), and order deposit.

It looks good....
FYI... thought I just saw one in Mountain View. However, on reflection, it probably was just a modded pre-refresh X. Didn't get a good look at it because I was in the middle of crossing a few lanes of traffic at the time. Was painted black with the black door handles. However, instead of having the Tesla logo on the back it had the letters TESLA spelled out.

Reactions: Michelx
mine still says prepare for delivery. estimated delivery: april (but its may 1). no VIN number, just the RN number. of course credit offer just expired, need to resubmit (but if its going to be sept, maybe ill wait). current S lease is up April 10.

i wonder if there is any way bidens ev tax credit is going to pass any time soon, which will help us.

also, i wonder if waiting to lock in this payment method will prevent me from getting that credit?

any thoughts? thanks

For me it is really frustrating not knowing. My account page says April still. However, after listening to the Q1 earnings report now I know that I will hope for Sept and if it comes earlier great. The SA that originally took me for a test drive is MIA. I tried to send him an email for updates and the email bounces back. I called Tesla yesterday and didn't mention listening to the Earnings report. I ordered on January 31st and have not received any information at all. The SA I spoke with said that they are being built and will start delivering next month (this month). How are they not kept in the loop or do they just say stuff to string people along. I have been saving for a Model X since Sept 2019 and when I am finally able to get it the refresh happens..... I'm not sure if I posted this before but I bought an Alienware computer back in 2007. It was around 4k. I got weekly emails until it finally shipped. I don't expect a car company to do the same thing but at least send an email and say hey April is not happening. I shouldn't have to listen to Tesla Q1 earning report to find out when my car will be delivered. If I wasn't a member of this forum and read all the comments about don't count on getting the car until they call to set up delivery I would have been upset. Just venting, sorry!

For me it is really frustrating not knowing. My account page says April still. However, after listening to the Q1 earnings report now I know that I will hope for Sept and if it comes earlier great. The SA that originally took me for a test drive is MIA. I tried to send him an email for updates and the email bounces back. I called Tesla yesterday and didn't mention listening to the Earnings report. I ordered on January 31st and have not received any information at all. The SA I spoke with said that they are being built and will start delivering next month (this month). How are they not kept in the loop or do they just say stuff to string people along. I have been saving for a Model X since Sept 2019 and when I am finally able to get it the refresh happens..... I'm not sure if I posted this before but I bought an Alienware computer back in 2007. It was around 4k. I got weekly emails until it finally shipped. I don't expect a car company to do the same thing but at least send an email and say hey April is not happening. I shouldn't have to listen to Tesla Q1 earning report to find out when my car will be delivered. If I wasn't a member of this forum and read all the comments about don't count on getting the car until they call to set up delivery I would have been upset. Just venting, sorry!
My rep admitted to not having listened to the earnings call. So I filled him in to tell others in case they were wondering. He said they don't get any updates from their end and have to search for the info like we do in order to let others know. Kinda crappy, but whatever. The car is worth the wait. I have a 0 min Cybertruck order in as well. So whichever comes first is what I'll get.

My rep admitted to not having listened to the earnings call. So I filled him in to tell others in case they were wondering. He said they don't get any updates from their end and have to search for the info like we do in order to let others know. Kinda crappy, but whatever. The car is worth the wait. I have a 0 min Cybertruck order in as well. So whichever comes first is what I'll get.

Definitely the X likely for ya as they are still building the exterior frame of the texas gigafactory. It'll take a while longer, as exterior will experience some delays here in stormy season, interior will take a while, and then the setup, unique stamp to produce a prototype or two and beta units, the need for the new battery cells, etc. Definitely no CTs produced this year, and I'd likely even say they could get delayed until 2022 late or 2023 or so.

Ordered feb. Sales rep just confirmed all orders pushed to oct-nov.

Attachments

• EED73770-33C8-4124-B570-95BE35BC4852.jpeg
    EED73770-33C8-4124-B570-95BE35BC4852.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 89
FYI... thought I just saw one in Mountain View. However, on reflection, it probably was just a modded pre-refresh X. Didn't get a good look at it because I was in the middle of crossing a few lanes of traffic at the time. Was painted black with the black door handles. However, instead of having the Tesla logo on the back it had the letters TESLA spelled out.
You‘re probably right. I just got back from a week in the OBX and saw a few Model X’s in the DC/VA area on 95 with “chrome delete”. Had to take a few closer looks, then again I don’t think there are any Mule’s on the East Coast yet so I wasn’t getting my hopes up.