Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Unable to login and it doesn’t show the ordered car when logged in. Is this how Tesla experience goes? I hope not!
Yes, this is exactly how the Tesla experience goes... Wait until you take delivery... It's only downhill from here but you'll ignore your instincts to the contrary because Tesla's are so damn fun to drive...

Jeff

I mean, if the issue was just making sure battery pack and configuration was safe among other issues and that’s clearly been fixed as first refresh S will be delivered June 3rd then we should all get a legit time table update for our deliveries. July 3rd would be one month after model s started and in Q3 so that’s my guess for first orders.

Anyone else see this when they logged in to check their order status. I noticed a lot of S orders had this according to their thread. Maybe this where my X is in the production process, lol.

Screenshot 2021-05-20 220201.png

My gallery advisor texted me saying he is optimistically hoping I would see a VIN and delivery by Christmas Feb 9 LR 5 Red/Cream FSD. Never had an estimated delivery date on my account - order confirmation email said April 1-31.
Maybe part of the 10,000 units Electrek says are parked on “containment hold” in the Bay Area shy of a single field installable part?

Dang, logged in today and my November estimate just changed to January. :-(
This will pretty much we ensure that we take delivery of the Rivian R1S instead if that could be on time.
In the same boat. We ordered R1S in March 2021 and then was told by members of Rivian forum that likely means that I will get mine Q2 or Q3 2022, which is probably accurate. I am not the most patient person and we ordered the X in late April and delivery date went from August to October/November and to January. If the Rivian guide contacts me this year, then I will likely go with the Rivian even if I have to wait 6 more months on the vehicle. Otherwise, I'll just keep checking all the forums like a madman with my wife asking me why I am acting like a little kid showing no patience.

I don't know what people are talking about when they act like the performance is life changing. Maybe they're all driving base accords up to the point they get a Tesla. If you've spent most of your life driving stuff with enough power you know power is just a measurement for how soon you have to hit the brakes

Weird it's not letting me edit: Further, if the Fords of the world ever catch up to sorta-parity, and on some vehicles they're already there (MachE for instance) or have a superior product (Bolt is a better cheap EV for a lot of people than Model 3) - Tesla's you want it so we don't have to care if you're mad attitude will bite them in the ass eventually.

The inherent packaging efficiency that allows a 7-seater to sit in a midsize wagon's footprint (for X anyway), the never visiting a gas station, the ease of use, preheating in the garage with no fumes in the dead of winter...that's what EV's do that ICE cars can't. ICE cars have been fast for a long time, it's just that only weirdos bought the fast ones. Now instant torque is available to all for a reasonable price and the hoon inside all of us is excited about it. Tesla doesn't have a monopoly on that. They have a 10 year head start and no sign of giving up their advantage, but...they're coming

To be fair, I've never thought to myself "man I wish I could have sat in a Ford showroom for three hours while the salesman jacked me around trying to get me to take the one on the lot instead of the one I ordered"

The Tesla front-end and service experience, so far, has been the best I've had with any new car. It's also been the car I've had the most initial quality issues with, by a wide margin. And it's not like Tesla has any excuses with mine, I took delivery of a November 2020 build X LR+ in December of 2020. But, there are upsides to the way Tesla is able to do business unencumbered (relatively) by the dealer lobby and the spectre of losing 1/3 of the revenue from lack of service center billing due to lack of ICE maintenance issues

Reactions: TallBill