Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, seems like most if not ALL August EDD is now Dec. Everybody else is staying put...for now. I need a car by Nov with Oct as the current EDD. Trying to have a backup plan now. If the price didn't increase 10K we would have just gone with the Y. Anybody else looking for alternatives? If so, which one? We have two young children 3yo and 2mos and were hoping for the FWD for the easy loading/unloading. Taking any suggestions.
Not sure anyone saw this tweet, Not even sure is this legitimate, however, wanted to throw this here, glims of hope :)

It doesn’t mean anything. His estimated delivery date is April.

Reactions: Elixir
So, seems like most if not ALL August EDD is now Dec. Everybody else is staying put...for now. I need a car by Nov with Oct as the current EDD. Trying to have a backup plan now. If the price didn't increase 10K we would have just gone with the Y. Anybody else looking for alternatives? If so, which one? We have two young children 3yo and 2mos and were hoping for the FWD for the easy loading/unloading. Taking any suggestions.
My wife drove the Mach-E and liked it. But she wants the premium model and it’s impossible to find. Ford posts cars that aren’t available on its website to suck you in to calling a dealership. The dealers do the same thing. Super shady. Dealers were telling me it would be about four months to get a Mach-E if you ordered one.

Reactions: Thamanrp
I just bought a PY to tie me over till X gets here. Not like Tesla values going down soon.

Did any SA or support reach out to you since your reservation? I get a “confirmed no MS or MX delivery for Belgium in 2021 but will get back to you soon” whenever I contact the showroom or SA in Brussels/Zeebrugge. Appears they are clueless and only deflecting the frustration(feel bad for them as well).
He called me a few times, to tell me what to expect. Very nice man, definitely not showing frustration, but just as clueless as the rest of us. Last time he called he said they also don't know; could be January, but knowing tesla, it could also be in two weeks.

I get that an SA is an information leak waiting to happen, but telling them nothing seems kinda mean. Does anyone know if they're paid on commission or something?

Reactions: lsds
For those who own an X, can this happen without the driver knowing or car beeping?!

eagerly awaiting mine EDD Jan

For those who own an X, can this happen without the driver knowing or car beeping?!

eagerly awaiting mine EDD Jan
No, that person was seriously stupid as ****. There are alarms and klaxons.

So even though mine is still at Nov. It will be pushed back 4 months as well come October?

Why doesn't tesla push back all orders at once? Why play this game?
Nobody knows if this is even a real push back. Most peoples delivery dates still holding. Tesla’s order and delivery software is so bad that the only thing it’s good for is spotting trends in delivery, not accepting it in small areas as in any way accurate. Only time will tell.

My wife drove the Mach-E and liked it. But she wants the premium model and it’s impossible to find. Ford posts cars that aren’t available on its website to suck you in to calling a dealership. The dealers do the same thing. Super shady. Dealers were telling me it would be about four months to get a Mach-E if you ordered one.
And...the dealers add a "Market Rate Adjustment" amount to the sticker price. Talk about bait and switch. We looked and drove a March-E. I liked it, and would be happy with it for a daily driver, but it's not a Tesla Model X..... The owners have to fit an aftermarket hitch for bike or ski racks.

Reactions: niogyn and CDT