Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm, I didn’t realize I was buying a toy. Most of us here thought we were actually buying a car. You know, the kind that transports you to and from places.
Totally agree. My family needs a car to drop off kids to school. Im having to take the subway because of no X since my order in Feb, exposing my kids to covid risks. Not saying that’s Tesla’s fault but the stakes are higher than simply wanting a new toy. I may need to ditch the X and go with an ICE soon.

Reactions: jbrowdy and CDT
  • Ordered March 18, 2021
  • Initial EDD June, shifted to Dec, Jan, then settled on October, where it’s stayed for months and here’s hoping ☺️😎
  • Model X Long Range
  • Model X Long Range
  • Red Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

Reactions: Hebert and Kaos_X
  • Ordered March 18, 2021
  • Initial EDD June, shifted to Dec, Jan, then settled on October, where it’s stayed for months and here’s hoping ☺️😎
  • Model X Long Range
  • Model X Long Range
  • Red Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
I ordered about a month after you and my EDD went from June to November and has held steady there…. However I wouldn’t hold my breath, folks who had August got pushed to December… in a couple of weeks we will see what happens with the folks who have September…. And so forth

Totally agree. My family needs a car to drop off kids to school. Im having to take the subway because of no X since my order in Feb, exposing my kids to covid risks. Not saying that’s Tesla’s fault but the stakes are higher than simply wanting a new toy. I may need to ditch the X and go with an ICE soon.
We have a 2020 Model X Long Range Plus but it’s been in the shop since Feb 8th when it was hit from behind. I ordered the refresh the day after the wreck. I can’t wait to get it to put this nightmare behind us-

We were dropping the kids off at school when the car behind us hit the gas instead of the brake (she thought her Denali was in park and took her foot off). My wife was half way back in- stepping back into the X- when the other lady hit us, it threw my wife out of the X and our X’s rear driver side tire ran her leg over. She spent over a month in the hospital and had eight surgeries.

The blessings are that she didn’t call our 9 year old back over to grab his glasses- he would have been killed, that the Tesla’s tires don’t roll when in park- she pushed us 2 1/2 car lengths but the slower skid allowed the kids passing in front of us to get out of the way, and my wife didn’t lose her leg. It’s been almost 7 months and aside from heavy scaring (where the X went over her leg it essentially degloved the skin).

The 2020 X was “repaired” but we only had it back a couple days when it started giving a low coolant alert, park assist unavailable, the windows won’t roll down unless you press the brake to turn it on when in park, and it was losing approx 36 miles while parked in our garage overnight.

The other lady only had $50k in property coverage. That’s been used up with vehicle repairs and a SUV rental for a few of the months. We have three kids and I wanted to return life to normal so I sold the Ferrari and bought a Y to get us by until the refreshed S I ordered in May came in. I figured this would give us the S and the Y until the X comes in.

Now Tesla has bumped the S way out again and the X’s “Oct” delivery is likely getting pushed way out. The Y is a decent little car but it’s a tight fit with 3 kids (one of which has PANDAS and a fear of his siblings germs). In the X we had the six seats so it made it easier for him (and the others not having to sit three in a row). In the rental SUVs we were spending approx $200 every two weeks in gas. In the Tesla our solar net metering covers most of the charge (if we export more than we use we only get .044 per kW). I bring up those two points to show that getting an ICE vehicle isn’t a smart alternative for us.

With that said if I had know last Feb that the refresh X wouldn’t be delivered for 10 months I would have snatched up another 2020 X LR Plus. The car delays are more than an inconvenience, it’s putting us in a holding pattern on getting our life back to normal.

Interestingly my TM3P had 0 quality issues and I couldn’t even find more than 1 panel gap issue (it was barely noticeable until an eagle eyed friend found it during deliver). I actually thought the car was fairly well built from everything I could tell. My 2019 MXLR though does feel a bit cheap for the price point, but I love the space and the ride. I think it’s best to dedicate a car for fun weekend canyon twisties, and use the MX to haul people/stuff and go on long trips. Great car and I can’t wait to get my hands on a refresh X; I expect it to have a build quality more similar (if not better) than my 18 TM3P.
Zero defects on my 2021 Model Y with 4000 miles so far. Zero defects with my Tesla solar array 22 panels supplying my house and MY with clean energy for three years.

Reactions: focher and Kaos_X
Zero defects on my 2021 Model Y with 4000 miles so far. Zero defects with my Tesla solar array 22 panels supplying my house and MY with clean energy for three years.
Can you tell me more about your panels? How much energy do they produce? How much energy does your house need? Do you have Powerwalls, too? What part of the country are you in?

I started looking closely at solar. My initial bid included 24 panels, but it was very expensive and didn’t give me enough assurances that it would provide meaningful backup power in an outage. The ROI was also very long in terms of energy savings offsetting the cost of the system. Unfortunately, Tesla solar is not offered in my area yet. Would love to hear more about your system.

I think they all went blank. I have two MX orders (older and newer) that said September and April yesterday. They’re both blank now.

I’d be surprised if production starts this month given this is supposed to be the ‘craziest delivery numbers EOQ rush in the company’s history’ according to Elon. Seems like next month or beyond is more likely.

I think they all went blank. I have two MX orders (older and newer) that said September and April yesterday. They’re both blank now.

I’d be surprised if production starts this month given this is supposed to be the ‘craziest delivery numbers EOQ rush in the company’s history’ according to Elon. Seems like next month or beyond is more likely.
Nope. Mine still says September. I believe I'll get it this month for sure - right along with my daughter getting her pet unicorn.

yeah my EDD is gone now as well.

On a different note, why is the difference from the 22” wheels to 19” on the x only 10 miles of rated when with S it’s much greater. Doesn’t make much sense to me. From my current X a 10-12% cut seems more likely.