Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point is it won’t pass as written bc Senate won’t approve as written. “Last month, the Senate in a non-binding amendment narrowly voted in favour of prohibiting taxpayers from claiming EV tax credits if they make more than $100,000 annually or if vehicles cost more than $40,000.”
Totally true. These price and income limits are useless. There are 1 or 2 options for EV that are less than 40k. If the goal for ev adoption is to convince someone to buy electric vs gas to save the world from climate change then all these income limits and vehicle cost limits should be thrown out.

Just went to the dark side and ordered MY. Figure I get in line before the crowd. Current estimate is Feb and at this rate I might get the MY before the MX.

If the bill pass as-is, Tesla is going to have less demand til next year where people that can wait will wait til after Jan 1st. I am guessing they will have to throw in some free FSD to entice people like me to take delivery before next year.

I can also guarantee that the Model Y will go up in price along with the tax credit...

My point is it won’t pass as written bc Senate won’t approve as written. “Last month, the Senate in a non-binding amendment narrowly voted in favour of prohibiting taxpayers from claiming EV tax credits if they make more than $100,000 annually or if vehicles cost more than $40,000.”
Is that $100k per person or household? That is the fundamental problem with the Senate. Basically 41 Senators can stop anything. 41 from poor red states. In a lot of those states that still have minimum wage of $7.25/ hour $100k sounds like a lot of money. In the richer blue states - it is not a lot of money. And a $40k price limit? What does that buy? It should be a relative threshold. 14,000 x the states minimum wage for the full credit. And the price limit should be based on 1/2 the wage limit. States with a $7.25 minimum wage would be a family income of $101,500 with a $50,750 cap on the car. A state with a $15.00 minimum wage would be a $210,000 family income and a $105,000 cap on the car.

Is that $100k per person or household? That is the fundamental problem with the Senate. Basically 41 Senators can stop anything. 41 from poor red states. In a lot of those states that still have minimum wage of $7.25/ hour $100k sounds like a lot of money. In the richer blue states - it is not a lot of money. And a $40k price limit? What does that buy? It should be a relative threshold. 14,000 x the states minimum wage for the full credit. And the price limit should be based on 1/2 the wage limit. States with a $7.25 minimum wage would be a family income of $101,500 with a $50,750 cap on the car. A state with a $15.00 minimum wage would be a $210,000 family income and a $105,000 cap on the car.
Whenever you're running for a senate, you got my vote

Sounds like you’re backing into the MX number but I like your logic.

Reactions: msm859 and bhzmark
My feb order that was april, than progressed to oct, vanished last week, and still blank.
LR, FSD, 22” blk interior, wht exterior.
Me too... Feb Order, now a blank EDD.... Is it so bad, they have stopped estimating delivery?? Things must be seriously gummed up if they can't launch a refreshed car in almost a year. Are they even delivering Model S's at this point? Cybertruck by 2030 at this rate :(

Whole thing is BS. If your serious about a transition in electric vehicles, then incentivize everybody and every car. Then take a chunk of money and invest in building out an omnicar charging infrastructure. End of story. All this, “this car but not that car, and this family but not that family, union vs non-union built, slows the transition just so you can look good politically. Cut the crap and get on with it. These guys are all a bunch of d-ckheads

I do not think we will see any deliveries this year in the US.
For EU, will see deliveries late in 2022.

It seems strange that there is no leak about the problems and no official word, nothing.

This is getting ridiculous/stupid, but with almost no activity and no MX produced on the parking lot + MS problems, it seems that MX is a problem that Tesla does not want to approach soon.
The target is volume, and M3+MY are stars by far.
Maybe with the new plants, they will also have time to look at the old MX.

• Disagree
Reactions: TheGringoShow
Maybe something is going on silently and i hope we’ll be surprised…(yes i’m a dreamer…). I put my thoughts on the fact that there is no flyover of Tesla Fremont since more than 2 weeks… Maybe Tesla is blocking the flyover to announce something soon… Again, maybe I’m a dreamer :p
My thoughts as well 👌🏽

Maybe something is going on silently and i hope we’ll be surprised…(yes i’m a dreamer…). I put my thoughts on the fact that there is no flyover of Tesla Fremont since more than 2 weeks… Maybe Tesla is blocking the flyover to announce something soon… Again, maybe I’m a dreamer :p
Hope that's the case :) but how would Tesla block the flyover?

Also why would Tesla do that when they have not shown any care for the Model x whatsoever

I think they need to have an authorisation from Tesla to fly over the factory with a drone? Or not? The last flyover was about model X on the track. Tesla know that there is no information about the X so hypotheticaly they are going to announce a special event for it and the first deliveries… yes i dream… i think they show some care, why would they put a model X during the S plaid event, or a model X on the track or in the wild with dog mode on? We didn’t have any information about the S Plaid before the event didn’t we?

I think they need to have an authorisation from Tesla to fly over the factory with a drone? Or not? The last flyover was about model X on the track. Tesla know that there is no information about the X so hypotheticaly they are going to announce a special event for it and the first deliveries… yes i dream… i think they show some care, why would they put a model X during the S plaid event, or a model X on the track or in the wild with dog mode on? We didn’t have any information about the S Plaid before the event didn’t we?
Are they still delivering Model S? I would think the best indication of upcoming Model X deliveries would be a significant number of Model S deliveries.

I do not think we will see any deliveries this year in the US.
For EU, will see deliveries late in 2022.

It seems strange that there is no leak about the problems and no official word, nothing.

This is getting ridiculous/stupid, but with almost no activity and no MX produced on the parking lot + MS problems, it seems that MX is a problem that Tesla does not want to approach soon.
The target is volume, and M3+MY are stars by far.
Maybe with the new plants, they will also have time to look at the old MX.
What are the model S problems right now? I haven’t paid very close attention since I sold mine

Usually they do require authorization, but I think that Tesla/Musk has provided a blanket provision that allows drones going over as long as they don't interfere with work and keep safety in mind. There's been lots of drone videos - even from the morning of the Plaid event, so unless something has changed, we should see another one soon.

I don't think Musk will do an event for the X since it was a part of the Plaid presentation. It would be nice to have an inside track on what's going on - it's just not going to happen.

It's barely been over a week since the last drone coverage of Fremont, but it's fair to say we're all anxious to hear/see some kind of positive news. Gabeincal/Tesla Fremont Flyover has been quiet thus far.