Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The questions for the upcoming meeting are live, and I posted one asking for an update on the refreshed model X. I’m not sure there’s a great way to find it in the list, but here’s the URL they gave me to confirm it went live, so hopefully that will bring it up if you’re a shareholder and interested in upvoting this question:

Say

The questions for the upcoming meeting are live, and I posted one asking for an update on the refreshed model X. I’m not sure there’s a great way to find it in the list, but here’s the URL they gave me to confirm it went live, so hopefully that will bring it up:

Say
Thanks for the direct link. I just voted for your question.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Why were your first 2 model X’s disappointing other than build quality?
i could live with build quality issues. I got one of the very first Xs, it had a lot of issues that they couldnt fix largely around the doors. So I got another one, and the day I went to pick it up...the FWD wouldnt close. Can you imagine that, lol. I still took delivery but it kept having door issues, sometimes trapping us in and having to go out other doors. So since then...i've just stuck to Tesla's that have 'normal' doors. Hoping 3rd times the charm

Reactions: Tezlagirl
The questions for the upcoming meeting are live, and I posted one asking for an update on the refreshed model X. I’m not sure there’s a great way to find it in the list, but here’s the URL they gave me to confirm it went live, so hopefully that will bring it up if you’re a shareholder and interested in upvoting this question:

Say

Voted, thank you... if you are on reddit you should post this over on the r/teslamotors sub so we can get some good traction.

An advisor texted me this just now after sending yet another email last night. Seems like a non-answer to me.

Attachments

• 92394437-8855-460C-8F2D-719D686483B4.png
    92394437-8855-460C-8F2D-719D686483B4.png
    775.2 KB · Views: 91
i could live with build quality issues. I got one of the very first Xs, it had a lot of issues that they couldnt fix largely around the doors. So I got another one, and the day I went to pick it up...the FWD wouldnt close. Can you imagine that, lol. I still took delivery but it kept having door issues, sometimes trapping us in and having to go out other doors. So since then...i've just stuck to Tesla's that have 'normal' doors. Hoping 3rd times the charm
Pretty much same history as me. Got my first X in 2016 and the FWD doors were giving me so many issues, which actually started on delivery day. Then it was having ongoign issue with the FWD failing to open when the car sat in the sun. I think it had to do with the midnight silver paint. They ended up buying it back and I ordered myself a new 2018 100D in white that came with MCU2. This one was pretty much flawless other than some minor issues that got squared away with one or 2 SC visits. It’s now time to replace it with the Plaid as the warranty is expiring in a few months. Hoping your 3rd time is a chime! Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. You are brave my friend.

Pretty much same history as me. Got my first X in 2016 and the FWD doors were giving me so many issues, which actually started on delivery day. Then it was having ongoign issue with the FWD failing to open when the car sat in the sun. I think it had to do with the midnight silver paint. They ended up buying it back and I ordered myself a new 2018 100D in white that came with MCU2. This one was pretty much flawless other than some minor issues that got squared away with one or 2 SC visits. It’s now time to replace it with the Plaid as the warranty is expiring in a few months. Hoping your 3rd time is a chime! Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. You are brave my friend.
Hope so too, i swore off Xs, but a car of this size doing 1/4 in under 10s got me back

Say
Upvoted it with my shares

I received this text message from my SA earlier this evening. Taking everything with a grain of salt, but considering we've started seeing Xs lining up at the factory, I feel way more confident about this than I have in the past!

"Hello Jim! This is James with Tesla. We are expecting at this time a small batch of Model X to deliver this quarter to Illinois. As soon as I have more information on this, you will be the first person that I reach out to!"

Gee guys, you're making me think getting an X is a dicey proposition...😳🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😉

I received this text message from my SA earlier this evening. Taking everything with a grain of salt, but considering we've started seeing Xs lining up at the factory, I feel way more confident about this than I have in the past!

"Hello Jim! This is James with Tesla. We are expecting at this time a small batch of Model X to deliver this quarter to Illinois. As soon as I have more information on this, you will be the first person that I reach out to!"
Hopefully I will get mine this quarter as well.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
That's not an "all glass" roof as there is metal going across the roof to support the falcon wing doors and the roof isn't one large piece of glass. See the 2018+ Model S (or some late 2017 Model S) or the Model Y for an all glass roof.
It is all glass. I have had the glass panel that spans left to right crack and need replacement. Even the piece between the two FWDs is glass. At least this was the case on my 2017.

Any EDD updates on your account?