Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just realized that the 6 seat is 6,500… that’s absolutely absurd considering how uncomfortable those second row captains chairs are without any arm rest… I do love how open and airy the cabin feels with our 6 seat co figuration but it just isn’t practical.. especially at a cost of 6,500
The fact that these seats don't fold flat is the most colossal messup Tesla did w/ the X. It's called S-Utility-V for a reason. What's the utility in hauling stuff if the seat doesn't fold flat. I thought w/ the redesign the seats would of fold flat. I'm holding out for the 7 seater.

Ok so this may make my decision.. hopefully someone has an answer?!?! In my mind the 5 seat configuration will be faster due to a lower vehicle weight vs 6 or 7 seats.. am I crazy or does this make sense? Cuz I’m definitely not paying 6,500 for a seat configuration I didn’t want that will also make me car slightly slower than a 5 seater
The key word is not faster (top speed should be exactly the same on flat land.) Rather, it will
accelerate a tiny bit more slowly. I am assuming it's 100 lbs more (about 2% increase in weight),

I have a post-refresh Feb. 13th LR order and was contacted today. They do seem to be going in order, that's good news. They did say clearly if I switched from 7 to 6 I would get it this year. I declined.
Okay so that confirms it. Plentyyyy of people have gotten calls today. Doesn’t matter if its Plaid or LR. If you got a 6 seater configuration you could expect delivery this year. Which is great news. 🥳

Why on earth would they start with six-seaters?
It's the most expensive seating option. Tesla has a history of shipping the highest profit margin models first to pad their financials - since they are shipping fewer cars during the ramp, ship the most expensive ones first so the revenue number will be larger.

Another thought... In the Model S Refresh issues thread there is a problem with the back seats rattling. Assuming that the 3-person seat in the 5/7 seat configurations is the same seat as the Model S, they may be re-working that part and so are delaying the 5/7 configs until that re-work is done?

Maybe I’ll wait for a 7 seat since hopefully the issues will be worked out by the time they get to those 😂

Though I have a feeling I’m going to get a call about a 6 seat switch soon (with a large dog, a 6 seat is actually perfect). The only reason I ordered the 7 seat is resale, center armrest in the rear bench, flat cargo, and 3rd row HVAC which is included in the 6 seat anyway.

Maybe I’ll wait for a 7 seat since hopefully the issues will be worked out by the time they get to those 😂

Though I have a feeling I’m going to get a call about a 6 seat switch soon (with a large dog, a 6 seat is actually perfect). The only reason I ordered the 7 seat is resale, center armrest in the rear bench, flat cargo, and 3rd row HVAC which is included in the 6 seat anyway.
Do you know if 2nd row bench has an armrest now? It didn't used to

Reactions: niogyn