Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called the number, phone tree sequence, and prompt as folks have been doing all day, and I got a VERY helpful person. She wasn't helpful because she KNEW everything... she was helpful because she was willing to go find out for me! She's researching how I can get the call for the 6 seat upgrade etc. She even gave me her email address just in case I had questions. I'll let you know what comes of it, but I'm really hoping to take delivery this year... And if we're switching to 6 seats... we're hoping to switch from White/Cream to Black/Black.

Order: 2/14/21
Details: MX LR White/Cream 7 Seat 20" FSD
EDD: Blank
Fingers: Crossed
Got a response via txt! My wife and I both screamed with joy.

"Hi Eric, This is Sandra. You are part of the campaign for the conversion of 6 seats. Please wait for the team to reach out to you. Thanks."

😳 😁
Screenshot_20211018-181753.png

Now that we are all getting close :oops: -- well closer -- to receiving our vehicles, it would be fun to see who is planning to protect their cars through:

1. PPF (front only or full car),
2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,
4. Doing nothing at all...

Hope this question isn't inappropriate for the thread....
Good question. This is my first Tesla so if others have insight on this I’m all ears. I know I’ll need to do something on the front for sure. It’s dusty/dirty here and driving on the freeway it sounds like your car is getting sandblasted.

Reactions: TWENT2
Got a response via txt! My wife and I both screamed with joy.

"Hi Eric, This is Sandra. You are part of the campaign for the conversion of 6 seats. Please wait for the team to reach out to you. Thanks."

😳 😁View attachment 723091
You get to pay us more to get your car that should have been delivered early this year with something you originally didnt want ;) Im on the fence, if I get the call :p

Now that we are all getting close :oops: -- well closer -- to receiving our vehicles, it would be fun to see who is planning to protect their cars through:

2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,

I'd love to know more about these. I have never researched this and would love to lean on your collective expertise!

2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,

I’ve done Opticoat on my last few Tesla’s. Looks great. Gives the paint some depth and provides nice protection.

I ordered model X long range with FSD white with black interior 6 seater on January 17th and my rep told me today the following "Your order is still in build planning, but we have heard that you should have a forecasted build date by the end of the month. Also, they will be building primarily 6 seaters first so you are in a good spot."

Cream doesn’t look good with any exterior in my opinion. It looks like a latte exploded and was smeared all over the seats.
It looks great with the darker colors particularly blue exterior and especially 2 years later when white has all kinds of marks and dye pickup from clothing and little league.

Black solves the problems but not great in hot southern climates where the sun shines nearly 365 days

Now if you see a refresh S, that cream has a bit of gray in it, so its not like your latte. Saw the S this weekend and played with the Yoke a bit.

Cream has its place.

Reactions: JimBob 909
Someone else can take my 6 seater which is supposedly December delivery despite ordering in June. I'm delaying delivery until after July 1 2022. My state will pay me 4k to watch the delivery pains shake out. Feds might add to that.

I'll enjoy my S until Tesla makes the first round of adjustments, the rough UI is finished, and I'm getting a check from Illinois.
I wouldn't go counting that money yet. This is Illinois we're talking about. There are stipulations.
"Stipulations tied to the rebate require that an owner keeps the EV for 12 months, to register the vehicle and to live here in Illinois for that year. Buyers will also be required to apply for the credit within 90 days of purchasing their vehicle and, here's the interesting part, those rebates are restricted to customers whose average income doesn’t exceed 80 percent of the area’s median income."
The income stuff is fuzzy, but if someone is buying an X, they probably exceed 80% of the area's median income.
For instance, I live in DuPage county and the median income was 41K in 2019 (per Google). Can't buy an X on less than 80% more than that.

It looks great with the darker colors particularly blue exterior and especially 2 years later when white has all kinds of marks and dye pickup from clothing and little league.

Black solves the problems but not great in hot southern climates where the sun shines nearly 365 days

Now if you see a refresh S, that cream has a bit of gray in it, so its not like your latte. Saw the S this weekend and played with the Yoke a bit.

Cream has its place.

Going to miss the actual grey seats from my current Model S.

Bruce.

Page 233 on the Model x Manual states that the 6 seater model X has more cargo space with the rear seats in cargo mode compared to model x 5 seater with the seats folded flat--- that makes no sense?
I've always felt this since the middle seat in the 6 seater does not exist and the low load floor allows for some amazing cargo room. You just have to not mind filling up the 2nd row seats with stuffs.

Reactions: Dmithun

2. Ceramic coating,
3. Wrap,

Def. doing full car xpel stealth wrap + ceramic coating again!