Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• DBBF77FA-A435-4B0C-B744-4B191C4CF061.jpeg
    DBBF77FA-A435-4B0C-B744-4B191C4CF061.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 2E0413D9-C84D-4278-8B0F-56BEB795ADD8.jpeg
    2E0413D9-C84D-4278-8B0F-56BEB795ADD8.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 67
  • C6E2F5B7-EA5F-44A4-8A85-2E72E277A3A8.jpeg
    C6E2F5B7-EA5F-44A4-8A85-2E72E277A3A8.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 63
Anecdotally, driving from Portland to Sacramento yesterday we counted 37 of these. Mostly white Y’s, but a number of refreshed X’s.

FWIW - This recent post from the investors thread was in response to a mention of loaded car carriers heading North on I-5. It's the first I've heard of refreshed X's outside of the handful of factory deliveries.

Cool looks amazing… two questions…

1. If you have the ppf, why do you need the ceramic coating on top of that?

2. What do you think would be a fair price today for the treatments you have?

Ty!
1) ceramic doesn't protect against rocks, keys, etc. but it does protect against grime to some degree and also UV damage. it's super easy to clean as well.
2) 8k for both is what I paid for my model s

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
OK, so I just got the call. I ordered the X pre-refresh in January. The car was for my Wife and her choice of color was white. She sold her car in March as we were supposed to receive our X in April. That obviously didnt happen. After waiting 9 months with no word from Tesla and no car for my wife, we finally gave up and ordered her a MYP because she was open to a slightly smaller SUV and we could get it relatively quickly. That MYP was delivered in September (and has a very bad paint issue unfortunately). So with our X still on order, I decided to sell my truck and take the X when it came. I had an opportunity to sell the truck for a very good price a couple weeks ago and I took it. Now I’m the one with no car and I don’t want an X in white. So full circle that brings me to the call from Tesla I got about ½ hour ago. I agreed to the six seat change and was able to change my color to Black. I will get the car in the next two months and I will get it in the color I wanted. On the other hand by treating me like crap, raising the price $8,000 on my original order, making me wait 10-12 months, and finally blackmailing me into a seat configuration I didn’t want, they earned the company an additional $8,000 in upgrades and sold me a second car. Quite a business model.
On a side note, when the phone rang and it said on the caller ID “Freemont Ca”, I had a good idea what was coming. He introduced himself and I interrupted him and said, “so this is THE CALL, the famous call” He was surprised and said “what”? I said, ”the call where you try to tempt me with the six seat configuration upgrade”. He laughed and said ”Wow how did you know, you are right, this is THE CALL”. We both laughed and then got into the details. Yes, I was able to change the configuration and not lose my discount as others have reported. The thing that was interesting and a bit frustrating was that I asked him if now that I had agreed to the upgrade if I would get my car produced/delivered based on order date? He said no. He said he couldn’t tell me why but said not to expect that. If it wasn’t Tesla, I would say that is was amazing that after waiting 10-12 months for my car, that they wouldn’t give me priority based on my order date. But the reality is that we are dealing with Tesla and that means all bets are off and we just hang on, drink a shot once in a while, and hope for the best. 🤷🏻

OK, so I just got the call. I ordered the X pre-refresh in January. The car was for my Wife and her choice of color was white. She sold her car in March as we were supposed to receive our X in April. That obviously didnt happen. After waiting 9 months with no word from Tesla and no car for my wife, we finally gave up and ordered her a MYP because she was open to a slightly smaller SUV and we could get it relatively quickly. That MYP was delivered in September (and has a very bad paint issue unfortunately). So with our X still on order, I decided to sell my truck and take the X when it came. I had an opportunity to sell the truck for a very good price a couple weeks ago and I took it. Now I’m the one with no car and I don’t want an X in white. So full circle that brings me to the call from Tesla I got about ½ hour ago. I agreed to the six seat change and was able to change my color to Black. I will get the car in the next two months and I will get it in the color I wanted. On the other hand by treating me like crap, raising the price $8,000 on my original order, making me wait 10-12 months, and finally blackmailing me into a seat configuration I didn’t want, they earned the company an additional $8,000 in upgrades and sold me a second car. Quite a business model.
On a side note, when the phone rang and it said on the caller ID “Freemont Ca”, I had a good idea what was coming. He introduced himself and I interrupted him and said, “so this is THE CALL, the famous call” He was surprised and said “what”? I said, ”the call where you try to tempt me with the six seat configuration upgrade”. He laughed and said ”Wow how did you know, you are right, this is THE CALL”. We both laughed and then got into the details. Yes, I was able to change the configuration and not lose my discount as others have reported. The thing that was interesting and a bit frustrating was that I asked him if now that I had agreed to the upgrade if I would get my car produced/delivered based on order date? He said no. He said he couldn’t tell me why but said not to expect that. If it wasn’t Tesla, I would say that is was amazing that after waiting 10-12 months for my car, that they wouldn’t give me priority based on my order date. But the reality is that we are dealing with Tesla and that means all bets are off and we just hang on, drink a shot once in a while, and hope for the best. 🤷🏻
Another MY sold due to MX delays lol. Same boat.

Reactions: Wooly1
I figure once Tesla figures out the run rate for the 6 seat variant then the rest of us 7 and 5 seaters EDD will get updated. They clearly have spare capacity as the phone calls to convert keep going out.

I'm waiting for the following Tweet from Elon:

"We're cancelling the 5 and 7 seater X... 6 seater is good enough"

I think people would riot lol.

Production for any car manufacturer will never be based by order date. It's impossible as that's not how manufacturing works. Patience, friend... patience. We're almost at the goal line.