Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chip shortage crap is just that, it ain't all that.

I agree with the rest of what you wrote, but this ... it's crushing and it's across the tech industry.

Just one example of hundreds I can pull right now ... We've never had 6+ month leadtimes for commodity product .. ever.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.59.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.59.01 PM.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Some news! I posted something about the Model X delivery in another forum. One of poster said she will take delivery this Friday. She got the VIN and the call today to schedule the delivery. She mentioned that she is in the Bay Area and ordered March. I don’t have the X specifications, and don’t know where she is picking her car up. Maybe Fremont? Clearly they are prioritize people in the Bay Area first, then November to other cities in the US.

I agree with the rest of what you wrote, but this ... it's crushing and it's across the tech industry.

Just one example of hundreds I can pull right now ... We've never had 6+ month leadtimes for commodity product .. ever.
💯

I work for an enterprise software company, and part of my role is to select and purchase enterprise computers. Weeks have turned into months: servers that typically took 3-4 weeks currently take at least 3-4 months. If you can find them at all.

On the PC side, Apple is doing much better than most, but we've seen issues with some configurations too.

The current shortages in computer components are far broader than just the automotive industry.

No they would not. The intention of the order holders with 6 seat configuration choose to agree to that price. They are not being asked to accommodate Tesla. Incentives are made to those who do not want what you want but you incentivize them to change. Now those order holders with 6 seat configuration who have been waiting since March/April should ask for accommodation.
In this case the incentive to switch to six seats is the increased likelihood of getting the X sooner. Some have also been able to swap color schemes when switching to six seats that otherwise would have reset their price and place in line.

Ordered Feb 2020 - LR, 7 seat configuration, Black seats

Received a call from my SA (first hearing from them since April) - where they told me Production is starting at the end of this week. The first batch of Production cars will be 6 seat configuration and my SA asked if I wanted to upgrade to 6 seats (from 7 seats), adding an additional $3k to the order. As you can see from the screenshot my order was updated:
View attachment 721136
Does your sales agreement now has an October 2021 date (day of change...) instead of your original date?

Some news! I posted something about the Model X delivery in another forum. One of poster said she will take delivery this Friday. She got the VIN and the call today to schedule the delivery. She mentioned that she is in the Bay Area and ordered March. I don’t have the X specifications, and don’t know where she is picking her car up. Maybe Fremont? Clearly they are prioritize people in the Bay Area first, then November to other cities in the US.
Thanks for the news! My apologies that I didn’t pay too much attention before, but were there more people with 5 seaters getting “the call” over 7 seaters? I ordered a 7 seater in early April and I’m from the Bay Area, but have not received “the call”......

Thanks for the news! My apologies that I didn’t pay too much attention before, but were there more people with 5 seaters getting “the call” over 7 seaters? I ordered a 7 seater in early April and I’m from the Bay Area, but have not received “the call”......
I am a 7 seater and only received The Call yesterday. I declined the option, though. So whoever gets their car faster because of my decision, what can I say except "You're welcome!".

Sorry. I have two daughters. Moana music is often in my head.

In this case the incentive to switch to six seats is the increased likelihood of getting the X sooner. Some have also been able to swap color schemes when switching to six seats that otherwise would have reset their price and place in line.
I would agree with you but... since you're not allowed to call them to volunteer to make the change to a six seater, it's Tesla requesting you to change for them. The extra benefit is you also will be allowed to make other changes without the $10k increase because they are contacting you.

I am a 7 seater and only received The Call yesterday. I declined the option, though. So whoever gets their car faster because of my decision, what can I say except "You're welcome!".

So I should just “let it go” (I have two nieces who loved Frozen) with waiting for The Call because I will be declining it as well. I need the seating occupancy and also like my seats to fold flat with needed.

Sadly I sang it in my head as I read it…. My kids must have watched Moana about a thousand times so it’s ingrained in my brain

According to the manual for the new refresh it is front doorS . not door, but who knows
If my passenger door automatically opens along with the driver door, I will consider that a defect and a security risk. I don't want some hijacker in an abandoned parking lot having that kind of inviting access to enter my car while I am trying to get in it. It makes no sense.

Mash the fob 4 times and both doors open. Mash it twice, Driver door. Touch the driver door handle, it opens the driver door, Touch the passenger door handle, the passenger door opens. No way would they have the phone NFT open both doors automatically. Maybe if you were on the passenger side with your phone, it might open that door but then again, not the driver door. This is just common sense and other than the Auto wipers ( and the accompanying "misfiring misters), most things are pretty well thought out in Teslas... :)

Reactions: TWENT2
Thx for clarifying.

In 6 seat configuration, can adults sit comfortably in second and third row seats? assuming all the seats are occupied by adults.
Second row is amazing. I had a 2018 P100D. My kids, who are bigger than me, loved the captains chairs. I loved the room allowed by the middle space. Third row is a bit of an afterthought. My youngest is about 6’1”, and even though he’s bigger than his older brothers, he was the one who always stuffed himself back there on short, local rides. He’d typically sit in between the actual seats, sort of in the middle.