Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone be willing to share the contact name and phone number for "the call" that they have received? I think I'd like to proactively call them to volunteer for the 6-seat upgrade. I really need the car ASAP. No help from the 888 Fremont number or my SA here in NYC. Thank you very much. (Feel free to PM me, if you feel more comfortable.)
Sorry this mail box is full…

I originally ordered November 2020. MSM 5 seat 20" wheels, Cream interior. I never rec'd a call to upgrade, so I doubt they started at oldest orders first. I prob would have converted so we could get 1st year depreciate it this year. As I said previously...Que Sera Sera. I would like a pickup truc truck more than an SUV. What's Rivian backlog? SEC filing says 53,000 units?

Reactions: jbcarioca
If you amortize the amount of times I ever folded the 2nd row seats in our 2017 MX, I saved about $750 each time. Pretty sure it was only to load up my winter tires and haul them to the service center for swapping. I definitely was tempted to switch when I got The Call, but the kicker was we are smack in the middle of a home refinance so I just need another four weeks to be out of “exactly what is this thing on your account” hell.
It’s actually not that bad to explain credit pulls and new lines of credit to mortgage processors. I think people are overly scared of this requirement when a simple attestation form typically covers it.

Now if they are unaware of a $100k loan showing up I could see where that would cause issues.

It’s actually not that bad to explain credit pulls and new lines of credit to mortgage processors. I think people are overly scared of this requirement when a simple attestation form typically covers it.

Now if they are unaware of a $100k loan showing up I could see where that would cause issues.

As a loan officer, I second this notion. Although, some underwriters make it their goal to make things difficult.

Reactions: lauraut

Oddly. I was going for an auto loan for the plaid S and got dinged 25 points for having a 10k charge on my Amex that gets paid off in full every month.

Then got the 98k loan and my Amex balance fell off. My credit score went higher than before after the auto loan hit my credit report. ???

I think that's exactly right. They're probably going back to the furthest placed orders and moving forward with a stop maybe in March or something. Anyone AFTER March stays in their place in line, but anyone who ordered a 5 or 7 seater before that time is being contacted and asked if they'd like to convert to take earlier delivery. It's 2 fold... Tesla takes care of their oldest reservation holders AND takes in more revenue when they convert those into 6 seat orders. This is just my speculation though, damn near impossible to try and figure out exactly why Tesla does what they do 😞
You guys are on the right track. The only thing I would add is that they have decided to produce a certain number of 6 seaters and they are going to call as many reservations as needed to hit that target.

This also answers the other comments about giving people some sort of price break for switching... as long as they have people on the reservation list that they haven't called yet, there isn't much of an incentive to put out. In further support of this, when I got called, the rep was very careful to express it as an option for me to consider and not some sort of begging me to change.

I originally ordered November 2020. MSM 5 seat 20" wheels, Cream interior. I never rec'd a call to upgrade, so I doubt they started at oldest orders first. I prob would have converted so we could get 1st year depreciate it this year. As I said previously...Que Sera Sera. I would like a pickup truc truck more than an SUV. What's Rivian backlog? SEC filing says 53,000 units?
I ordered an R1S back in March and I hear very little from them. I do periodically get an email, which is better than Tesla. But, they are also struggling with production.

Oddly. I was going for an auto loan for the plaid S and got dinged 25 points for having a 10k charge on my Amex that gets paid off in full every month.

Then got the 98k loan and my Amex balance fell off. My credit score went higher than before after the auto loan hit my credit report. ???
Credit utilization gets reported when your statement cuts. Unfortunately auto paying a credit card in full each month will still temporarily ding your credit score if you have a high balance at the time the statement cuts.

You have to manually pay the balance off before the statement cuts to avoid the credit score hit.

Also to stay on topic, EDD still blank for my X :p.

Sounds like Plaids are still a few months out. Both the electrek article previously posted "LR first" and the delivery S&OP manager I spoke to at the X delivery event mentioned that Plaids are still not quite ready due to regulatory approvals.

Does anyone know anything about getting The Call with a Plaid on order?
There’s two of us.. me and one other guy.. not sure where he is but I’m pretty sure he took the 6 seat option as did I

• Informative
Reactions: MoneyWiz