Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried. The problem in this scenario was that the charge went on a day or two before the end of the cycle, and then Amex reports it the following day, so timing sucked, but i still got the 1.99%.

Anyway, still blank for a 9/23/21 order, was april a week ago. Plaid black on white.
I'd also like to know if this is Tesla financing or other? I can get decent rates at a few banks, but path of least resistance is typically financing through the vehicle company.

Does anyone have a checklist for receiving an MX? I know what to look for on an M3 and MS, but never had an MX which is completely different than the other two. Just want to make sure I don't overlook anything when I go pick it up... especially dealing with FWDs.

Reactions: JER85
I think that's exactly right. They're probably going back to the furthest placed orders and moving forward with a stop maybe in March or something. Anyone AFTER March stays in their place in line, but anyone who ordered a 5 or 7 seater before that time is being contacted and asked if they'd like to convert to take earlier delivery. It's 2 fold... Tesla takes care of their oldest reservation holders AND takes in more revenue when they convert those into 6 seat orders. This is just my speculation though, damn near impossible to try and figure out exactly why Tesla does what they do 😞
I've been lurking, first time posting...ordered 9/19/20 and FINALLY got "the call" this morning. I did change color from white to MSM in June 2021. Current order: MSM, LR, 7 seats, 20" wheels, black interior, NO FSD. I'm in So. Cal, with the oldest original order date I've seen on this forum. They said I'd have a December delivery if I made the change, but I need 7 seats so I had to decline. He said early next year for my current configuration.

Long time lurker, first time poster. The conversation about lack of communication reminds me of when I used to work for Patagonia. You might know they have an ironclad guarantee for their products. The strap breaks on your bag and they will fix it or replace the item for free. Employees were told that it’s much more expensive to get a new customer than to keep an existing customer, so giving someone a new bag is a very small cost compared to losing that customer.
I’m not making the analogy that Tesla should give anyone anything, but does this idea of it being less expensive to keep an existing customer apply here? Or does it not apply with car companies, to companies with billions of dollars, with companies with huge wait lists, or to supply chain issue times? I’ve just been wondering why Tesla seems to not care about communication with customers.

I have a 2019 M3 and love it and we would like to be a fully electric family. So, White LR 7 seater ordered around Memorial Day. Still holding at January delivery (it’s never been blank).

Can anyone else weigh in on financing? Who has applied through Tesla in the recent past? What are the rates? How long do they guarantee the rate?
I "applied" for financing through the Tesla order process and I was approved through BMO Harris at 2.99% for 60 months. Not a great rate but after checking around local banks it was competitive. Unfortunately, based on my January EDD I will likely have to apply again since the approval is only good for 60 days.

Just left my service center and no Xs have been delivered from there yet but they seemed optimistic that there were some coming soon ( Devon PA). I agree with the lack of customer service now.. 6 years ago when we first got ours it was great.. they always had a loaner waiting, got the work done quickly and detailed the car while they had it.. now it takes weeks to get the appointment and they take forever to fix the car.. was dropping mine off for an issue that reoccurred after they allegedly fixed it 6 weeks prior and had to argue with them for 10 minutes that I would not be paying for them to fix it since when I initially brought it in for the same issue it was under warranty, but no longer is. Eventually they agreed to cover the costs but were rude about it even tho they should have fixed the issue properly the first time around
That’s my delivery center, too. Glad to have you on the ground doing intel!

Reactions: dlb9876
You should look into DCU (digital credit union). They give extra discounts for EV's, and with these discounts can be as low as 1.49% over 65 mos. You can even get a quote from DCU, and email it to Tesla to get them to match the rate. Also, it takes a few days to set up your deposit account before applying for the auto loan, so give yourself some time to do this, rather than waiting until the last min.

I received my order modification confirmation from 5 to 6 seats yesterday.... New Sales agreement shows order placed 10/19/2021... (date of order modification) and my March 28 original date gone... is this the way it is suppose to be?
I hope so as the same thing happened to me. I even specifically asked him if I would retain the same order date. He assured me I would. So as was said by somebody else, I assume they will use the order number………I hope 😥

I "applied" for financing through the Tesla order process and I was approved through BMO Harris at 2.99% for 60 months. Not a great rate but after checking around local banks it was competitive. Unfortunately, based on my January EDD I will likely have to apply again since the approval is only good for 60 days.
Why not Tesla theirs is 2.49% right now 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hi. Long time watching and first time poster. I also got the "famous call" two days ago and took the 6 seater over the 5 seater. I reserved in July 2021 and I am in south Florida. My original order was MXLR black/cream 20in 5 seater. After the call , it took only 5 minutes to get the email with the updated 6 seater. The guy that called told me the car will come in by the end of 2021. I push the financing 2 weeks ago thru Tesla and got BMO Harris at 2.49% 72 month. I am also giving putting down at delivery 50% of the car value so maybe that is why I was called, not sure. NOTE- if you already had financing in place, the extra 6.5 K for the 6 seater is part of the down at delivery and not financed.
We also already own a MYLR delivered June 2021 and loved it so much that im selling my Rover( loves gas) for the MX once it has a date. Once I hear anything else, will update. Thank you for all that post with great info.