Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to my SA he said my status switched from "not matched to future build slot" to "In Build Planning" said that is the first time he has seen that for a X
A lot of us are apparently in the "In Build Planning" stage. Lets hope we start the "Finally Truly Building It" stage soon. Ideally, Nov 1st so we all have a 2022 car.

From a financial perspective, why would you put 50% down if you could get a 2.5% loan with something like 10% down? Is there some kind of tax reason?

At least historically, it would make the most sense to keep those funds invested in the market with our current low auto loan rates.
From an investment perspective makes perfect sense.

But there is also the idea that the less debt you have the better. You never know what your financial situation will be in the future and minimizing debts isn’t a bad idea either, if even at some cost of potential earned income. You also don’t know how markets behave in the near term. So all depends on your financial situation as well as your tolerance for debt and what makes you feel at ease.

So I have a config for MXLR White 6 Seat Cream Interior 20" rims destined for Central Florida ordered 3/1/21 and just called. Got put in touch with someone that sounded as if they hated their job and had zero desire to speak with anyone about anything over the phone. She said my vehicle doesn't have any status, no deliver window/time frame, and no information was available. She also said that she got an email that Plaid Xs were being delivered to customers and "thats all she knows about the X".

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
So I have a config for MXLR White 6 Seat Cream Interior 20" rims destined for Central Florida ordered 3/1/21 and just called. Got put in touch with someone that sounded as if they hated their job and had zero desire to speak with anyone about anything over the phone. She said my vehicle doesn't have any status, no deliver window/time frame, and no information was available. She also said that she got an email that Plaid Xs were being delivered to customers and "thats all she knows about the X".
Wait plaid Xs are starting to deliver?!?!?

Reactions: jbrowdy
I’m a day one order in California for white 6 seat. Every time I ask my DA for an update she adds 1-2 months so my last text from her was May to June of next year lol. All that after she was bugging me for payment in Feb. it’s amazing how poor their communication has been on this.

Annnnd the Model S low voltage battery requires service. 2nd time this year. Yet I am keeping my Model X reservation for reasons that are a mystery even to me.
The new 12 v is lithium ion. That should help a lot with reliability but too soon to tell. I think Elon said it should last life of car- hopefully it’s true.