Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that some us with very early 7 seat or 5 seat orders like mine from 2020 and not received a call is odd and somewhat telling. This means they feel these orders may come sooner and so no point to covert them over???? Or it’s all Tesla randomness as is probably the case.
Guessing location and/or combination is why. Seems the call has be mostly easy coast and west coast haven't seen any Midwest (for me) get it yet.

Don't hold your breath. There is a lot of copy-pasta from the Model S manual. For instance, this manual also reports a 2nd row center armrest which all other documentation says does not exist.

I wonder about how practical a coat hanger on a FWD would be. Usually they are on the roof so you can open the door, hang your clothes, and close the door. If they are on the FWDs your clothes would surely get pinched when you close the door. It might make sense if they put it in the center between the doors but that is not what is pictured in the manual.

But I hope I am wrong on both accounts!
That all makes sense.

Though, on the center armrest - I was almost pushed over the line toward upgrading my 2017 X when I saw the arm rest, but before I realized it was only on the S. Vaguely I'm hoping that they are holding back the 5/7 configs while they rethink that decision. (Rethink as in "I suggest you go rethink...")

That all makes sense.

Though, on the center armrest - I was almost pushed over the line toward upgrading my 2017 X when I saw the arm rest, but before I realized it was only on the S. Vaguely I'm hoping that they are holding back the 5/7 configs while they rethink that decision. (Rethink as in "I suggest you go rethink...")
When I got the call I asked the advisor -- who for what it is worth was smart and seemed very aware of what was going on -- insisted that the 5/7 second rows are not getting center pull down arm rests. We'll see...