Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster here! Waiting for our first Tesla. Looking forward to driving it all over America. Literally.

My EDD got updated to January this morning. Same as everyone else it seems. They are just messing with us.

Ordered red with white interior, 20inch wheels, 7 seater MXLR April 2nd order date.

Was really hoping they would call and offer the 6 seater. Did not realize we would rather have the 6 seater over the 7 until started looking at videos of them.

If anyone gets the call to switch to a 6 seater this week and is told by end of year, you should really point out that there are lots of people that were told the same thing and their EDD is January.

For people that did switch, please call them and see what’s up.

20 Feb ‘21 order. Plaid black/black 20” 6-seater. EDD now January after being blank for months (was Oct before).

Reactions: kerchan
Our December 2020 six seater order was updated to January 2022 EDD this morning.

For those who "got the call" about switching to six seaters, do you all have a January EDD as well, even after they said you would get delivery by the end of 2021?

We're going to be disappointed if those who ordered 10 months after we did end up taking delivery before us.

Reactions: croman and 1pinhigh
Our December 2020 six seater order was updated to January 2022 EDD this morning.

For those who "got the call" about switching to six seaters, do you all have a January EDD as well, even after they said you would get delivery by the end of 2021.

We're going to be disappointed if those who ordered 10 months after we did end up taking delivery before us.
Yes. Got the call and made the switch about 2 weeks ago. Shows Jan.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I’ll add another data point. LR/6/FSD. Ordered in June and had a January EDD from the very beginning. It never went away even when everyone else’s was on and off the last few months.. up until 2-3 days ago when it went blank. It still is.

What does it mean? Absolutely nothing IMO. I think they’re either just screwing with us (wouldn’t put it past them) or they just assign arbitrary dates, as evidenced by so many people having Jan.

I mean look at all the previous EDDs of May, Aug, Oct, etc. It was all bs. I wouldn’t even take the EDD with a grain of salt. I’d just ignore it completely.

• Love
Reactions: croman
Yes, everybody seems to be in the same boat. January pre-refresh order, updated to 6 seater a week ago, now showing January. Looks like just the new place holder. Thanks Tesla.
As far as Model year goes, if all these next X's to be delivered aren’t 2022's, I’m going to be really pissed. That would be the cherry on top of my Tesla “sugar” cake. Come on Tesla……get it together!!

I’ll add another data point. LR/6/FSD. Ordered in June and had a January EDD from the very beginning. It never went away even when everyone else’s was on and off the last few months.. up until 2-3 days ago when it went blank. It still is.

What does it mean? Absolutely nothing IMO. I think they’re either just screwing with us (wouldn’t put it past them) or they just assign arbitrary dates, as evidenced by so many people having Jan.

I mean look at all the previous EDDs of May, Aug, Oct, etc. It was all bs. I wouldn’t even take the EDD with a grain of salt. I’d just ignore it completely.
While people taking delivery as a personal car don’t have anything to worry about. I have 50k on the line to take delivery this year. I’m getting married next year and that lowers my tax bracket. Getting the car in 2021 is the difference of 30-35k

While people taking delivery as a personal car don’t have anything to worry about. I have 50k on the line to take delivery this year. I’m getting married next year and that lowers my tax bracket. Getting the car in 2021 is the difference of 30-35k
Yea for sure there are advantages of getting it this year for many people. A lot of folks have businesses they want to use this against too for tax purposes. But my point was about the EDD, not the actual delivery date. It’s totally useless to judge anything off of.

Reactions: TWENT2
Yea for sure there are advantages of getting it this year for many people. A lot of folks have businesses they want to use this against too for tax purposes. But my point was about the EDD, not the actual delivery date. It’s totally useless to judge anything off of.
Well when you have 50k on the line. It’s hard to sit still and not be somewhat triggered.

Yesterday the EDD was blank, today it’s January. Over a year after I ordered a replacement, and have extended my current Model X lease four times. As much as this pains me, I don’t think I can stick with Tesla any longer. They are too boneheaded and disorganized.
EDD mean nothing until they have a range showing. Why would you cancel now when you are just a few months from delivery?

Well since they promised many of us delivery this year, I suppose they would at least need to call us and offer us to change back to our original seating configs if they aren’t going to keep that promise. My gut says this is just another Tesla “sugar” show and the monkey 🙈 just slapped the wrong input key last night

Reactions: SpaceCash
I was in the same boat 2 years ago. Picked mine up on 12/20/19. A lot of phone calls before then. They had given me a VIN got my loan and then the car they produced with that VIN was the wrong car - had the high cost optional 22" wheels that I did not want. So I had to wait to build the correct car. They would not correct the fact that "my" car was built wrong. A lot of unnecessary anxiety.