Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet!

Some things:

Coat hooks in the rear above the third row?

View attachment 726678

Speakers/Microphone above the second row for active noise cancellation? Model X emblem on both left and right falcon wing door cross beamView attachment 726679

Noticed no third row seat heating control on either display (Front or back) is this maybe just via app now or maybe you can scroll on the second screen?

View attachment 726684
Im hoping the noise cancelation allows people in the front to hear their own music and people in the back to hear their own video/music

Im hoping the noise cancelation allows people in the front to hear their own music and people in the back to hear their own video/music
Yeah that's not how it works, the noise cancellation only filters out constant background/ambient noises that are present and recorded by the microphones, such as road noise, wind, maybe the humm from the AC/vents. Just like a noise cancelling headset it sends out a "sound" in the opposite "wavelength" to cancel out the presence of the ambient noises. It won't cancel out voices, music and other loud unpredictable sounds.

I read somewhere the ANC could only be activated when someone was not present in the backseat. This might change once its out in a software update

I truly hope there will be option to pair bluetooth headsets or use wired headsets to use with the rear screen, if not it will be useless/pointless

Last edited:
Aren't the tires on the refreshed X considered all season? If that's the case, why are winter tires needed? Living in the midwest, I've always had good luck with all season tires during the winter. Summer tires are an entirely different story, especially on wide versions like on a 911.
Once you have WINTER tires in the Midwest, you don't want to run all season from Nov to April. Look at it this way, if going to keep car long enough to put a second set of tires on it anyway, buying the winters NOW is just front loading that cost (plus rims, that can sell in the future if not needed).

Ex. Need tires every 20k miles, as the X eats them. So get 20k on Winters, 20K on summers and at 40k miles have spent the same (bought one new set not on car) as if didn't have snows.

And the safety they provide, well worth it when the ice and snow and hardpack come. So much better than all season. Downside? Tread is louder as more aggressive and don't roll as easy, so distance hit. But worth it.

Received "the call" to switch from 5 seat to 6; 9:30AM today...recognized to Fremont 510 area code.
Ordered 3/3/21, 5S/ LR/ 20"/FSD/Cream/Blue/ California.

I did not switch
As I told him... the 6 seater middle seat does not fold down so I lose space for my road bike....he did confirm that only the rear 2 seats fold down, and not the middle 2 seats.

Also, I told him that I am older, retired and don't have small kids or enough friends to fill 6 seats.

The caller had no specific information on delivery est projection if I did switch for an additional $6500, other than I move to the "front of the line".

I inquired about delivery est. for the 5 seater, I was told to check with my SA (at least he did provide the name, the same I already had), since he was only authorized to discuss the switching from 5 to 6.

My account current delivery est is "January" ..... he said that is just a "place holder"

Reactions: TWENT2 and EV_LIFE
Any more teasers that you want to throw at us about what the news is?

I definitely thought our hero @sunnyvaletree could be trolling us but he came through big.

What early info can we get here? Are you the next hero?
I never claimed to have early info, all I said was that I had a feeling that today was going to be a good day for refresh X news. And it has been because we got a new video from OCDetailing with the new Model X, giving us more information about the vehicle.

I think it's the 10th character in the vin

1635444408049.png

looks like 2021 based on the M.