Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got call today from Tesla Fremont not my SA. Said first mass production will be 6 seaters and they can deliver my X by end of December if I switch my current red LR 7 seater to 6 LR. 7 seater May take from January to March. I declined as we need 7 seats.
BTW my order was from 12/27/2020
So it’s 6 seats vs other, interior and color don’t matter.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Hebert
Sorry, unless you have some personal connection with KBB or Edmunds, your contention that there will be no difference in the valuation between a 2021 and 2022 is nonsense. Is that based on the valuation of previous model year Tesla’s? You need to revisit your data if that’s the case. Nonsense!Stay off the Kool Aid….

Reactions: Vitaman
Texted my SA yesterday for updates and if he can tell me how I’m taking my delivery.

His response: It’s been crazy but that’s expected! Correct — we started delivery on the 6 seat configuration on the X. Not really sure what the timeline is for the 7 seat just yet. We don’t have a deeper view into the delivery estimate so what is on your account should be the most accurate

There was a post earlier this year speculating that Tesla would be prioritizing all-cash deals over those who are leasing or have trade-ins. I assume a reason for doing this is that Tesla would be able to recognize (book) all the revenue when the car is delivered, thus positively impacting the current quarter's revenue numbers.

I wonder if this is the reason that some with early reservation dates are showing January 2022 EDD?

Reactions: WiseShepherd
Model X LR 6-seater, White exterior with Black interior, order placed in April. Order status page had been showing that I would be intimated once the delivery date is known. But today saw a new message -

"Estimated Delivery: TBD
Delivery timing will be available soon"

Anyone else seeing this? Didn't get any call yet though.

Model X LR 6-seater, White exterior with Black interior, order placed in April. Order status page had been showing that I would be intimated once the delivery date is known. But today saw a new message -

"Estimated Delivery: TBD
Delivery timing will be available soon"

Anyone else seeing this? Didn't get any call yet though.
Mine says January. don't know what's better at this point.

I've got a quirk where I prefer even numbered year cars. What would be the best way to delay delivery until I get a '22 model year? You get one pass on a delivery and then the next one is "take it or leave it?' This car is for a second home any ways and I won't start driving it until next summer.
This is very weird. Also, I share in your weirdness. I have model year 2010, 2014, and 2018 cars. I almost never set the AC in my house or cars to odd numbers. 72 or 70 is fine, 71 not so much. Same with the TV volume. My wife will set the TV volume to random numbers like 53.5. Probably raised by wolves.