Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For your reading pleasure:

I was one of the select few who had a Cadillac ELR. I actually liked that car - because I paid nowhere near "list" price and because it fit fine for a dad with 2 very young kids. My dog today? No way. At all.

But the funniest thing about that car was the maximum volume on the stereo system. It was "63". Even showed that value on the screen. With a bit of research, I learned that the silicon used to measure the volume level had a 7 bit register. Really. That's some serious effort at bad UI design. But there it was, seemingly as logical as a Detroit UI engineer thought made sense.

I guess California taxes at least get you past "Let's represent the volume with an integer value from a 7 bit register." level quality.

Ordered end of June 2020, put on hold mid September. Called in to renew taking delivery beginning of November and never got matched before the refresh happened. I think I'm the oldest order on here.

Interior is black.
I feel the need to call you "Sir" because you are the waiting room's elder statesman. Either that or "Reservation Grandpa" whichever you prefer. 😂

Under the Heading of time wasted....spent too much of it trying to decide if I had made a mistake going with Carbon Fiber over Wood for the interior. My current X has a Black interior and although the Wood is dark, it looks good.
When I got the "Call", I asked whether there would be a fee for changing. That is when I found out that there is no option! LR gets Wood and Plaid gets CF.

I think the cream in general just gives me 90s car vibes, it makes the car look old and outdated…. But that’s just my opinion of course… something like color is very subjective.
I had white on my last model X and it looked amazing. However, when I wore blue jeans, it did rub onto the seat and despite what I read, it was difficult to get off. I would consider doing again, but I am looking for something different.

The current car I am driving has black interior, and it looks good. However, it looks very dirty if you get crumbs on any of the seats.

That leaves me with cream. Not sure if I’m going to like it. I had it on my model S plaid that I owned for about two weeks. I thought it looked good. The exterior was black, though.

Qs
Well, just took the Tesla on a 2.5 mile drive to get me a coke at a gas station using nothing but FSD. On the drive there, it thought 20 MPH signs said 25, but otherwise handled well. However, it didn't make a turn on it's final destination and nearly missed the gas station had I not intervened. On the way back, it almost took me into oncoming traffic and immediately had to take over to make sure I didn't crash.

So yeah... first experience has me passing on FSD for the MX. Will definitely keep trying it out but far from being worth the 10K upgrade. I paid 2K for it back in the day, so it's not bad for 2K.
There is a guy in town that does youtube videos about FSD. He has been doing them for awhile. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdbsDtaMAh6QXvcbp08YzQ

Reactions: hoda1982 and Stro
Under the Heading of time wasted....spent too much of it trying to decide if I had made a mistake going with Carbon Fiber over Wood for the interior. My current X has a Black interior and although the Wood is dark, it looks good.
When I got the "Call", I asked whether there would be a fee for changing. That is when I found out that there is no option! LR gets Wood and Plaid gets CF.
If someone wants to switch their wood trim with my carbon fiber in So Cal, let me know.

• Helpful
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I’ll swap wood for your carbon when our X’s come in!

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this: If you have a trade in and Tesla gave you an offer waiting for you to accept but is expiring soon, can you accept it now and turn the vehicle in when the new car arrives? Or do you have to wait for the offer to expire and request a new offer closer to delivery date? TIA.

Questions on items coming with Model X Refresh

My 2016 Model X 90D came with:
2 key Fobs
3 adaptors (120-volt, 240-volt for NEMA 1450, Standard J1772)
1 Windshield Sun Shield
1 Tow Tool

The Refresh video says it comes with 2 Key Fobs, 2 cards, plus phone app. I haven’t seen anything about adaptors, Windshield Sun Shield or Tow Bar.

The video by OCDetailing mentions the Refresh as the same size as the previous X. Can I assume that specifically cut floor mats for the 2016 will also fit in the Refresh? Would the Windshield Sun Shield also fit in the Refresh?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

Questions on items coming with Model X Refresh

My 2016 Model X 90D came with:
2 key Fobs
3 adaptors (120-volt, 240-volt for NEMA 1450, Standard J1772)
1 Windshield Sun Shield
1 Tow Tool

The Refresh video says it comes with 2 Key Fobs, 2 cards, plus phone app. I haven’t seen anything about adaptors, Windshield Sun Shield or Tow Bar.

The video by OCDetailing mentions the Refresh as the same size as the previous X. Can I assume that specifically cut floor mats for the 2016 will also fit in the Refresh? Would the Windshield Sun Shield also fit in the Refresh?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered.
I'm wondering the same thing, for one of the people who will be driving my car they will need the sunshade, so hoping its still included. if not people will need to look at 3rd party sources.

The NEMA 14-50 adapter no longer comes with the cars. You still get the NEMA 5-15 (household 120V) adapter with the mobile connector, as well as the J1772 adapter. I believe Tesla is encouraging new owners to install Wall Connectors for home charging, but you can still buy the NEMA 14-50 adapter in the on-line store. Personally, I bought the adapter "variety pack" when it was in stock...I have NEMA 14-50 outlets in my garage and I feel kinda naked when I go on a road trip without every adapter I can possibly have.

Bruce.