Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve heard rumors of a few Refreshed Xs delivered in the DFW area, so I asked a guy at the local Tesla store. He hinted that a few have been delivered. I then asked if they would come with the front plate attached, because I would rather not put a front plate on the car. He asked someone else, and they said no. I asked why the Model S comes with it and apparently the crash tests on the S included the license plate holder, so they are required to install it. This apparently does not apply to the X. 👍

I’ve heard rumors of a few Refreshed Xs delivered in the DFW area, so I asked a guy at the local Tesla store. He hinted that a few have been delivered. I then asked if they would come with the front plate attached, because I would rather not put a front plate on the car. He asked someone else, and they said no. I asked why the Model S comes with it and apparently the crash tests on the S included the license plate holder, so they are required to install it. This apparently does not apply to the X. 👍
This checks out. I have someone in Houston waiting for an X as well and told me that his Tesla advisor told him a week or two ago that they delivered X in DFW.

Ordered in May because my daughter was due in August and the EDD back then was April or something in Jan. When I ordered it, I think the EDD was October…

Now I really can’t wait to get my X because it’s a pain for someone 6’1 to put a car seat into a Model 3…

I'm sure its been more than that. remember these are cars that cost 100k+ a lot of the folks that can afford these cars are older and probably are not perusing online forums or have social media presence.
You would think. But, I lived through all this on the model S forum. That car was also around 100k and the activity was way more intense than here.

According to the documents that was sent to the EPA we may get more mile then posted by Tesla. 🤞🏾
Well at least for the LR those are finalized numbers. Those documents wouldn't be there if not. :) Those are applications for an EPA Certificate of Conformity, and the approval was issued for the LR MX.
I suspect that this is (or is part of) what's holding up the Plaid. There is no certificate or even an application for the Plaid as of yet.

Reactions: Empty tank
Did anyone else notice delivery time (though still TBD) messaging change to "will be available soon"? Exciting.....!
Screenshot 2021-10-31 8.09.04 PM.png

I was in a sales center up in Scottsdale the other day (two weeks ago). They said they had their first round of X deliveries in Phoenix around the 12th. Perhaps they’re just flying under the radar?
Say Whaaaaaaat? "Round of deliveries" means a truckload or something close to that, right? We would have seen them out on the road. We would have seen them on Twitter or Reddit right? RIGHT?

My delivery location is the new Mesa service and sales center. I have an appointment for service coming up... Maybe I'll ask them some questions when I go.

Reactions: Fulkth
Say Whaaaaaaat? "Round of deliveries" means a truckload or something close to that, right? We would have seen them out on the road. We would have seen them on Twitter or Reddit right? RIGHT?

My delivery location is the new Mesa service and sales center. I have an appointment for service coming up... Maybe I'll ask them some questions when I go.
And my service center is Scottsdale....not heard anything

Reactions: TWENT2