Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed today that in EUR (Netherlands):

1. The price went up with 190 EUR (I paid 114.800 vs 114.990 now) (not sure when that happened tho, could have been some time ago already)
2. The price difference between standard and Plaid is now 'only' 5000 EUR (119.990 vs 114.990)

Looking at the US pricetags, it seems that the SR Model X is way more expensive over here, but the Plaid is pretty much the same. And I hear you thinking 'well, why not go for plaid then ?!'

Well I want the (already diminished) range over the 1.x second faster acceleration time that it offers, would be my main answer. On top of that; that 5k difference would pay for a nice wrap and then some AND it seems that Plaid is getting less love than the 'standard' MX (judging from this thread wrt delivery timing indications):)
You made me irrationally angry calling my Model X a "Standard" model

I wish I could say you were wrong.

But, I am still a reservation holder for both a Rivian and an MX. At this rate, who knows?!?
I'm with you! Thought about cancelling my Rivian order when I got the January EDD, however, decided to hang on a little longer. Based on all of the January EDD's, I'm glad I didn't jump to a bad decision. Still hoping for the MX, just not willing to blindly be led along.

For what it's worth , Mountain Pass sells a comfort coilover set that's supposed to really transform the Y's ride

Also, all the signs seem to point to Y/3 getting an air suspension option eventually, which will probably be paired with adaptive dampers. Damping is what dictates ride more than anythign esle, and the Y Long Range dampers seem tuned to sell Model X's, heh

I actually thought the Y Performance I drove on the 21's rode better than the Logn Range I drove on the 19's. Performance shock tuning sometimes results in a better perceived ride because it shuts down oscillations faster, so maybe that's it

I think it’s fair to want more range for your money. However, I don’t think it will be point of comparison 2-3 years from now just like it isn’t point of comparison for ICE vehicles today. As super chargers become more prevalent and charging is faster, range will become less of a topic.

As an example, go check out the pages for the GLE and GLS Mercedes. You will be hard pressed to find their ranges let alone a comparison between the two on that point.

To me, this is why the plaid+ was cancelled. The # of people that actually need 500 versus 400 miles in range (and can’t be served by chargers) is super small. Instead of investing in range, I think Tesla will invest in their charging network,
The limiting factor on range are people's bladders and stomachs. Telling a family to hold it for another 100 miles is never a people pleaser. And a car full of hangry people is not a good time.

I say this as a former plane owner that landed well short of the plane's range on numerous occasions to meet family needs.

I really need a VIN and solid delivery date soon.... My ICE lease is ending on 12/15... I currently have an offer from Carmax for my car which is $8k over my pay-off amount and I would love to take advantage of that...... I know I can extend my lease by a few months, but I really want to avoid putting any extra miles on the car and dropping the offer. Those $8k would sure come in handy to do some PPF wrapping and other goodies for my X.

I just noticed today that in EUR (Netherlands):

1. The price went up with 190 EUR (I paid 114.800 vs 114.990 now) (not sure when that happened tho, could have been some time ago already)
2. The price difference between standard and Plaid is now 'only' 5000 EUR (119.990 vs 114.990)

Looking at the US pricetags, it seems that the SR Model X is way more expensive over here, but the Plaid is pretty much the same. And I hear you thinking 'well, why not go for plaid then ?!'

Well I want the (already diminished) range over the 1.x second faster acceleration time that it offers, would be my main answer. On top of that; that 5k difference would pay for a nice wrap and then some AND it seems that Plaid is getting less love than the 'standard' MX (judging from this thread wrt delivery timing indications):)

In Portugal increased 5K last week, now is 114.990 and plaid 120.990.

The plaid has lower autonomy, and no need for the extra power, but i understand that people will give 5/6K for the extra power.

I really need a VIN and solid delivery date soon.... My ICE lease is ending on 12/15... I currently have an offer from Carmax for my car which is $8k over my pay-off amount and I would love to take advantage of that...... I know I can extend my lease by a few months, but I really want to avoid putting any extra miles on the car and dropping the offer. Those $8k would sure come in handy to do some PPF wrapping and other goodies for my X.

Good luck to you. My friend rented a Jetta for 3 months before he got the new S.

Sooooo do I get a discount since Tesla dropped the “Long Range” moniker? 🤨

3700727B-EA1D-4652-827C-F137330E1A51.jpeg

The limiting factor on range are people's bladders and stomachs. Telling a family to hold it for another 100 miles is never a people pleaser. And a car full of hangry people is not a good time.

I say this as a former plane owner that landed well short of the plane's range on numerous occasions to meet family needs.
It's a good point about family needs. On the other hand, you don't want to be in a situation when family needs arise your EV doesn't have the range to get to the place :)

Haha I've driven plenty of Ys (friends). My 2017 X is slightly rickety and creaky too. My 2017 def is not like the ravens with the improved air suspension.

I don't mind a little more firm ride and feeling the road more. Anyways will prob give to my inlaws when that time comes. : )
Real driving is all about feeling the road. The Y Performance is in no way too rough, unless you are looking for a Cadillac Seville type of ride 🤮

Reactions: NHK X
Agreed. I just rented a 2021 MY on Turo and was shocked at how different it felt driving. My 2016 MX with 130,000 miles is Far more luxurious and feels more sturdy. And, oh! No matter how hard I mashed the brake pedal on the MY, the darned door wouldn't close for me! 😂 I had to - get this - lean Out Of The Car to reach the door and PHYSICALLY pull it closed!
That all made me laugh, and lust even more for the coming of my X!

It seems like a lot of people have been told December deliveries will happen. Total conjecture on my part, but I would guess that VIN's will be assigned when the vehicles are ready to get on trucks and ship. when I took delivery on my MSP, I got 10-14 days lead time. I am in the Midwest. My educated guess is that people on the East Coast and Midwest might get 10-14 days from VIN assignment to delivery. This would suggest we might start seeing VIN's in about 10 days for a December 1 delivery. More than 10 days for deliveries later in December.

This is all educated guessing. I would love to be wrong!!

Reactions: bhramabull
If your car has equity, why not just buy it out and sell to Carmax when you get a VIN? That equity isn’t going anywhere fast, and extending a lease flushes money down the toilet.