Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tinted the windshield and front windows to 70% and everything else, including the area on top of the FWDs, to 30%. It made a world of difference with the heat.

I did learn to be sure to take it to a place that has experience tinting the front windshield on the X AND can do it as one piece. I went to a shop that had never tinted an X windshield and they did the first attempt in two pieces. It looked normal from the outside but horrendous from the inside. The second attempt they did one piece but it had some obvious imperfections. They said I could keep it as is for free or they could remove it. I just left it as is.
I'll have to find a good tint place in the LA area for mine, definitely need it out in the desert.

Reactions: TWENT2
From videos on the refreshed S has to be entire car. No Bluetooth headphones at all I think.

I called my local SA. They apparently have permission to do it now.
Yep, back audio is the entire vehicle. I will say viewing angle from the third row is actually perfect for no neck pain, but the screen is a bit small for that distance. I'd get bad neck pain watching it for any decent amount of time from the 2nd row.

• Informative
Reactions: croman and DIL
FD4cEaYWYAIv1hT

March 2023 for (some) new orders!
It is November 2022 when i tried for x and august for the plaid

Dude you are on fire! Thanks for taking the time and showing us all this!

How is the "real" range in your limited experience ?
Any sign that the rear entertainment screen can use bluetooth/usb-c headset for the audio ?

Hope you get 2021.40 soon that supposedly has the Active Noise Cancellation activation!

Enjoy!
I was getting 333 wh/mile at 70mph. Hoping for that update too, although the refresh S group will probably get it first.

I wonder Fillah if you think the length of the cargo space with the rear seats down and the second row captains chairs rolled forward is adequate? I haul a double bass between home and symphony or jazz rehearsals every week. My Mercedes GLE and especially the GLS were great for that 6’ + length needed. My Model Y is ok if the instrument is diagonal with the passenger seat moved forward.
This is a major concern for me and perhaps others. I originally ordered the 5 seat to get the flat folding rear seat, but I really like the 6 seat for the luxo look and feel, plus comfort for customers in my real estate business.
I wonder if you would be so kind to take a moment to measure the front to back and diagonal cargo space - with the third row seats down and second row captains chairs moved forward as much as they can be with space still for driver and passenger in the front seats?

Reactions: Fulkth