Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m calling that the airbags are in stock now and they are going to start pushing the X's out. Doesn’t make sense to send out the notice about the airbags until you’ve got them in stock. Once that notice is sent out, of course everybody will want the replacements. If you didn’t have them, you would be setting yourself up for a “sugar storm” of complaining customers.

It looks like there is still a tether latch on the third row, but no tether label. Not sure what the anchor point in the middle of the seats is for.View attachment 732207
Second row for comparison:View attachment 732208
Good to know they kept it/put it back! Again, thanks for helping us out. You’ve done more for the X community than Tesla themselves over the past year.

Good to know they kept it/put it back! Again, thanks for helping us out. You’ve done more for the X community than Tesla themselves over the past year.
I want to say it does NOT have the tether label, but is in the exact same spot as the previous tether on older 6/7 seat Xs. I wonder if it was never tested/rated for an actual seat, and that is why it isn't in the manual? It's definitely there and seems pretty secure, I tugged on it with my body weight and it didn't budge at all. It's just weird there is no tether label for it.

I want to say it does NOT have the tether label, but is in the exact same spot as the previous tether on older 6/7 seat Xs. I wonder if it was never tested/rated for an actual seat, and that is why it isn't in the manual? It's definitely there and seems pretty secure, I tugged on it with my body weight and it didn't budge at all. It's just weird there is no tether label for it.
That’s a good point for anyone considering it for a car seat. Maybe they mean it for cargo tie downs.

Hi Fulkth,

Congratulations and I can tell you’re enjoying your car. You have been beyond helpful to many so I have a favor to ask. Do you mind measuring the distance from the floor to the ceiling when in the middle of the 2nd row and also the distance from the floor to the ceiling when just in front of either of the captains chairs? I’m guessing they have different measurements due to the FWD and the glass. Thanks!

Absolutely love our frunk opener from Hansshow... see my comments elsewhere.
Bought one about a year ago. It was really good for about 4 months and then stopped closing completely.
It was so good initially that it seemed ridiculous that Tesla didn’t make them OEM.
But I haven’t used my frunk at all since it stopped working. The installer said the motor was too weak and
an improved later model would be better. Any issues with yours?