Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick overview part 1
Quick overview part 2
Interior at dusk - right after the overview videos
Going over stuff again quick in my garage and different lighting
Frunk

Enjoy! Feel free to critique anything foolish I do - I definitely enjoy learning my mistakes through the help of everyone here.
Thank you Fulkth!! Appreciate your time and efforts, buddy.

Last edited:
Agree with @AFBruin. To say that your order date doesn’t really matter is just not accurate. Yes, they build in batches and so the order of delivery is not strictly by number in addition to a few other variations. In general though, your order number and date of completion on your order profile are the biggest things influencing your delivery time. All other things being equal. In the case of the X, Tesla has for unknown reasons decided to favor the 6 seat version. Normally that would not be a factor though

This is my fourth Tesla and order date in all my cases had no impacts. It was configuration, colour, location. For my Model 3 I was a late order but received within first few months of ramp up as they were targeting expiring incentives in my area for fear of losing sales. For my first model Y, I got in the first batch after covid reopening despite just ordering a few months prior - they were building for my area and I believe the higher value with FSD etc was targeted for make quarter end revenues higher. For my other model Y I have no idea how I got it in 3 weeks but either I was prioritized due it being my third Tesla or I just lucked out that they were building to ship out to my area. I thought it may have been a reject but it wasn't as it was shipped from Fremont within a week of ordering.

Tesla makes all decisions on quarter end sales - that guides how they build, where they ship and who they deliver to. So while order date can have some influence I think it's the least of all. It's all about quarter end deliveries. Now for the X as they are calling those with 5/7 seats to upgrade to 6 seats it seems like they understand some have been waiting for a long time so I think those who ordered in 2020, Jan 2021 may be prioritized but after they are fulfilled I won't be surprised it's going to be all about highest value and location for Q1.

The new messaging on the order page from last night I see as them basically saying stop bugging us, we are going to deliver based on what trim you ordered and when your car is assigned we will let you know and until then just check the site.

What the... o_O SAs blow my mind sometime.
This was after a web chat(order page) where the support team said I could buy right away. The SA in the Brussels showroom told me clearly that installing/activation needs a VIN for entering some code(installer/electrician does) which then unlocks or enables the charger. Said that is the standard way.
Never checked as I assumed they would know this aspect for fact -if untrue, I feel like a fool now!!

This was after a web chat(order page) where the support team said I could buy right away. The SA in the Brussels showroom told me clearly that installing/activation needs a VIN for entering some code(installer/electrician does) which then unlocks or enables the charger. Said that is the standard way.
Never checked as I assumed they would know this aspect for fact -if untrue, I feel like a fool now!!
You're not a fool, the SA is for telling you BS and not knowing their job. It seems most SA's have no idea what they are talking about and are just there to collect a check.

To be clear, driving style is not factored into rated range. It's simply pack capacity times the rated coefficient per mile approx 270wh/mi I think).

That's it. Ambient temps do affect pack capacity very slightly and the car will use energy to maintain and condition the pack.

But rated miles is just math. Nothing squishy.
Sorry. I thought we talking about projected range.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Fulkth - Super helpful videos and I couldn’t be more jealous! Question on the screens - from the second and third rows could you also watch Netflix / YouTube etc in the front row screen, and would that be a better view than looking down at the relatively small second row screen?
Yeah it would be better, but from the third row even the front is a bit small. I was thinking more watching while driving too with car sickness. For supercharging entertainment having it on both screens would be better.

To be clear, driving style is not factored into rated range. It's simply pack capacity times the rated coefficient per mile approx 270wh/mi I think).

That's it. Ambient temps do affect pack capacity very slightly and the car will use energy to maintain and condition the pack.

But rated miles is just math. Nothing squishy.
Yep, I was mentioning originally there has to be an overall uncertainty (combination of accuracy of all measurement with 95% confidence) in the rated range shown. Voltage measurements of each pack will each have their own accuracy, factored in with temperature, and combined inaccuracies of all that to create whatever the overall uncertainty is in the measurement. I've never seen Tesla publish anything on those numbers though, would be interesting to see what the % uncertainty is on that shown mileage.

Yep, I was mentioning originally there has to be an overall uncertainty (combination of accuracy of all measurement with 95% confidence) in the rated range shown. Voltage measurements of each pack will each have their own accuracy, factored in with temperature, and combined inaccuracies of all that to create whatever the overall uncertainty is in the measurement. I've never seen Tesla publish anything on those numbers though, would be interesting to see what the % uncertainty is on that shown mileage.
I think you would be interested in this article. In particular, look at the graphs showing distribution of energy in packs...

Quick overview part 1
Quick overview part 2
Interior at dusk - right after the overview videos
Going over stuff again quick in my garage and different lighting
Frunk

Enjoy! Feel free to critique anything foolish I do - I definitely enjoy learning my mistakes through the help of everyone here.
Thanks! Is it normal for the second row seats to squeak like that when moving forward and back? Anything else you’ve noticed that needs to be addressed by service?

Reactions: Fulkth
Thanks! Is it normal for the second row seats to squeak like that when moving forward and back? Anything else you’ve noticed that needs to be addressed by service?
(Fulkth is secretly using the TMC forum to troubleshoot his new vehicle)

I did notice the middle glass piece between the FWDs is slightly raised and causes the gasket to rub slightly, put in a service appointment for it. I'll ask the service center on the squeaky captains chairs, unless someone here knows more. Also my autopilot speaker buzzes bad. Going to install the hitch later to see if it has any issues as well.

For the ones who have a wall charger installed and are waiting for your X; my SA told me months ago that though I can technically purchase it, the wall charger can only be installed/activated once VIN is actually assigned and not before. How does this work then?
Yeah, that is not correct. I had mine installed in March for my April delivery. My friend ordered a Model Y and brought it over to show me and we plugged it in to make sure my charger worked. It worked fine.

Reactions: lsds
(Fulkth is secretly using the TMC forum to troubleshoot his new vehicle)

I did notice the middle glass piece between the FWDs is slightly raised and causes the gasket to rub slightly, put in a service appointment for it. I'll ask the service center on the squeaky captains chairs, unless someone here knows more. Also my autopilot speaker buzzes bad. Going to install the hitch later to see if it has any issues as well.
My 2020 model X captain chairs squeaked so bad. Good luck getting it resolved they tried and tried with mine and never could really fix it.