Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the cars being delivered with random missing parts (mats, trunk boards, USB ports ), all without disclosures from Tesla, instead it’s figure out on your own what’s missing. I’m beginning to question if I want one built right now. What else are they delivering without? A missing bolt here and there? Less clips in the headliner? 3 wheels?
Also, just thinking more. What else are they delivering with replacement but sub-standard parts maybe not even meant for automotive. How much of it is jerry rigged parts. I remember musk saying they were driving around buying any usb cables they could find. Where did those go? Did they strip the wiring and rig them into existing ports and Elmer glue them to the back of ports?

I’m half joking of course but there are possibilities here. I think most people would say ok I’ll take the car and you can add those later but it’s the lack of organization, transparency and communication from Tesla or pre-written due bills is disturbing. But then most of us in this waiting room are all too familiar with that.

I’ve installed mine (on an exterior wall right next to the driveway), and activated it just fine. From the setup screen, you have the choice to restrict the charging to either all Teslas, or all EVs. From the video I watched, you can also restrict charging to just YOUR VIN (or any approved list of friends/family VINs).

I plan to restrict mine - my inconsiderate neighbors have a teenage friend who shows up often in a Tesla, and I don’t want them thinking they can offer him free charging.
Just put a credit card reader next to the charger and the sign "$1/kWh"

Wondering the same thing as my garage doors are 8 foot ceilings. I even left a video and comment on YouTube. 😄

I am considering removing my rail garage door motor and installing a jack shaft motor along with increased radius curves to get the garage door closer to the ceiling
If you’re worried about them hitting you can set the doors to only open 1/2 way at your house. They open up then out when a tight space is detected.

I have a few boxes on my wall that go between the Enphase batteries and the breaker and I was worried the FWD would hit them since they’re small but stick out. It’s never been an issue, even when I’m parked really close to it (my wife parks way over because she’s worried she’ll hit the side of the garage door.

Attachments

• 0862616A-BE8A-4086-A093-BDFDD0A94617.jpeg
    0862616A-BE8A-4086-A093-BDFDD0A94617.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Stro
I did all sorts of prep work to my garage before receiving my first X including noodles on rails etc. turned out I never needed any of it. When I backed in the doors clear the rails and opener. When I parked forwards the doors knew where to stop.
Funny - I was just thinking about putting noodles on my garage door. The spoiler on my last MX routinely hit a part of the door and scratched the *sugar* out of it. Do you have any pics with the noodles on there? Curious what it looks like.

Quick overview part 1
Quick overview part 2
Interior at dusk - right after the overview videos
Going over stuff again quick in my garage and different lighting
Frunk

Enjoy! Feel free to critique anything foolish I do - I definitely enjoy learning my mistakes through the help of everyone here.
@Fulkth - can you tell us about road noise compared to older Model X or any other cars you’ve had experience with?

@Fulkth are there indeed secondary “shift” controls near the hazard button?
For DPRN?
I had the same thought, from what I have heard and seen on the S refresh videos you just need to push hard. They are not as sensitive as the turn signals for instance.
Wondering the same thing as my garage doors are 8 foot ceilings. I even left a video and comment on YouTube. 😄

I am considering removing my rail garage door motor and installing a jack shaft motor along with increased radius curves to get the garage door closer to the ceiling
The sensors on the doors will stop it from hitting objects in the way. My garage is tight and my 2017 X would not open the FWDs all the way up, but still just enough for someone to get in and out.

Worst case you can always test it and force it to stop. Just like how there are safety sensors on the automatic windows there are on the doors. Apply even a very slight amount of pressure on the door with your hand while it is in motion and it will stop immediately.

Couldn’t wait any longer. Picked up my Model Y today. The first 2022 delivered I believe. Bought it at $5,500 under the current price for the same car. I will sell it when the X comes in and make a profit. Pressure is off. I now have transportation. Same color as the X on order. Black/White
Good move! We have a MYP ordered as a backup. My wife’s Navigator has over 160k miles, and is probably not long for this world. EDD for the Y is 11/15-12/15. If we don’t need it, I will push the delivery date back until the X arrives.

Nice. Thank you. This is my first Tesla so wasn't sure. I have ordered one(Charger) today, not sure about the delivery date. Since I am in the bay area, hopeful of receiving it early. Do you know the cost of installation?
I had to have a sub panel installed with two 60A breakers. The electric meter is on the outside wall, so the electrician had to drill through the wall to install the sub panel on the interior garage wall. One of the connectors is right next to the sub panel. For the other, they had to run conduit up to the ceiling and over to the other garage bay. It was $3000 for the install, plus the cost of the wall connectors. There were not enough slots in my electric meter to install new breakers directly. If you have open slots in your meter, you may be able to save the cost of the sub panel installation.

That sounds like a high number but that’s about the equivalent of gas these days. 🤬
Oh you sweet summer child.

Come to The Netherlands, where a liter unleaded 95 costs you 2.20 EUR (that equates to 8.32 EUR per gallon ( or 9.53 USD to the gallon))
Where you pay 69 eurocents for a kWh at public charging stations (thank god for SC's at 24 cents) and gas to heat your home is at a staggering 1.70 EUR per m3.

You could do a lot worse :p