Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m
Using the wall charger is easy, as any SA will explain to you. The wall charger absolutely won't work until you have been assigned a VIN number. You also need an invitation from Tesla and at least a 99% driving score to use your charger. Also, memorize your VIN number; you'll need to input it into your phone app each time you charge.

Did your SA set you up for the $10 per use surcharge or did you opt for the higher deductible version for $40 surcharge per charge? :)
All costs in € my friend…I will hopefully coax the SA into giving me the same “wisdom” in a few weeks when I ask an update and my trade-in update. This time hopefully via email or text and we all chuckle together!!
BTW- There was also another piece of info SA had previously shared on trade-in eligibility that I cannot remember now… well that turned out to be bogus as well.

Last edited:
For those that switched from 5/7 to 6 seats how long after the switch did it take your account to update? I know this was discussed but going through 300 pages will be tough at work and I'm dying here. Thanks.
I had to chase it down a bit. Even though I had agreed, and I received a text message indicating the order change was accepted with the conditions, my order didn't get updated until I texted back that the order hadn't changed - about a week later. Give it a few days then contact if it's still not happened.

I saw that Rivian had disclosed in their IPO documents that they've delivered 150 R1T trucks as of the IPO. Unfortunately, the informationo did not include any comments about who the trucks were actually delivered to.
A large number went to employees because they were given incentives to assist with the payments. They are still trickling out but many have been pushed a few months. I drove one last week and still have my order, but I'm a max pack holdout so it'll be a while.

But plaid pricing has never changed. It’s not so much an issue of whether there would be a new base price as whether you’d “go to the back of the line.” I’m not sure it’s been confirmed that that’s a thing, but it does warn on the reservation page that changes may alter your delivery date… might be safest to contact a SA and get their assurance it wouldn’t change your ‘place in line‘ and have them put the change through.
Agree, my SA mentioned that I chose to change paint color I would go to back of line. I’ve trusted him through 2 other Tesla’s.

Yeah if you need an 84 month loan you probably cannot afford the vehicle. Even 6 year loans are a relatively newer idea.

DCU will do a 72 month for 2.24% for a Tesla I believe and up to 65 month for 1.24% (source: their website).
Not always true and everyone has different financial options. As long as the interest rate is low then the buyer may benefit more having less out of pocket monthly costs and investing the difference. Obviously has its own risks but over 84 months and assuming normal diversified investment selections then they would probably outperform the difference. Basically be careful with blanket statements.

Well, today is my birthday! I looked out the window, I pulled up the app... No X in my view...

And I thought everyone got their X on their birthday!! 😇🥳
I wish. I share a birthday with @Fulkth but apparently when I wished for an MX for my birthday, I should have been more specific! 😂

Not always true and everyone has different financial options. As long as the interest rate is low then the buyer may benefit more having less out of pocket monthly costs and investing the difference. Obviously has its own risks but over 84 months and assuming normal diversified investment selections then they would probably outperform the difference. Basically be careful with blanket statements.
Completely agree. I could buy mine in cash up front but choose to keep the money in investments and got low interest 2.25% loan for 72 months w 40k down. I learned a while ago not always best to pay off debt right away if investments net you more $ in the end.

Yeah if you need an 84 month loan you probably cannot afford the vehicle. Even 6 year loans are a relatively newer idea.

DCU will do a 72 month for 2.24% for a Tesla I believe and up to 65 month for 1.24% (source: their website).
Totally false…. I could give many reasons why getting a long term loan with a low interest rate is financially smart. I’m willing to bet that most people getting an 84 month loan are savvy investors who know how to maximize money growth.