Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I check all 6 USBc ports and got charging rapidly status on my pixel 4a. Also tested the wireless pad with a Samsung Galaxy Zfold 3 and got rapidly wireless charging on both sides.
so I too have a Samsung Z Fold 3 and when you say you get "rapidly charging", do you mean "fast charging" or "super fast charging"? coz those are the two types of messages available for when charging that phone.

If anyone is curious, comparison of X key and 3 key cards, X on the left. The X font is slightly bigger:

PXL_20211116_015733690.jpg
PXL_20211116_015742560.jpg

I know I'm about to get tons of disagreements but we can disagree with the timing of our deliveries, no customer dialogue, no updates, no nothing. Nothing we can do but wait until our number is called. I've gotten to a point where I don't even check my RN anymore because it just pisses me off even more.

In the process of selling my business for an early retirement and that's keeping busy and mind off this crazy delay.
Hope things get moving a little faster before the years out. I'm with y'all just kinda lost a little energy from the super delays.

Don’t know if this still helps but flyover is here again!
Every time this guy posts a video before I even hit play in my head I a hear "dooooo do do doo - dooooo do do doo" and then the guitar "eueurghh".

And then after watching it continues to play in my head for at least 20min on loop. This music has been associated with the X in my mind.

Did you read your sales contract? Salesperson representations cannot be relied upon as beach of contract. Only what's written and agreed upon. Tesla will just say that they estimated year end and no enofrceable promises were made.

tldr: You agreed to the $6500 extra without written promise to deliver. Good luck.
:) not looking for breach of contract... Just enough leverage to make my point.
Ugh, that's my exact config... Where's mine?? 😭
In the Bay Area... 😂

Every time this guy posts a video before I even hit play in my head I a hear "dooooo do do doo - dooooo do do doo" and then the guitar "eueurghh".

And then after watching it continues to play in my head for at least 20min on loop. This music has been associated with the X in my mind.
I was watching it while my wife was in the room. She thought I was watching something unsavory based on the music…

Even with all the delays and whatnot, consider

1. Any competition from established players will mean playing the dealer game again. Say what you want but my first memory of a Taycan call when order books opened was - we do expect to mark this up.

2. While everyone is now taking about OTAs, the model 3 is the first car I have had that got significantly better over the course of ownership.

3. New players like Rivian are worse off IMO. RJ will send an email saying they hear the customers, need to be more communicative, promises updates and then… radio silence and promised November deliveries for LE is a no go. Also the same level of knowledge disparity that is experienced with Tesla SAs shows up in Rivian.

I’ll keep waiting since there is nothing like the X coming out for quite some time.

Even with all the delays and whatnot, consider

1. Any competition from established players will mean playing the dealer game again. Say what you want but my first memory of a Taycan call when order books opened was - we do expect to mark this up.

2. While everyone is now taking about OTAs, the model 3 is the first car I have had that got significantly better over the course of ownership.

3. New players like Rivian are worse off IMO. RJ will send an email saying they hear the customers, need to be more communicative, promises updates and then… radio silence and promised November deliveries for LE is a no go. Also the same level of knowledge disparity that is experienced with Tesla SAs shows up in Rivian.

I’ll keep waiting since there is nothing like the X coming out for quite some time.
I really feel like all this is temporary. Competitors will undoubtedly catch up.

I don’t know about you guys, but this lack of communication and just the overall attitude of not caring and giving fake timelines has really rubbed me the wrong way, to the point that I will remember this next time around when car shopping. Nobody in the company has any answers. Deliveries with missing parts. QC issues. The list is endless.

Right now, I’m keeping my reservation because there’s no competition at the moment in the electric SUV segment. If there was anything remotely close, I’d jump ship immediately. I think when the other auto makers start doing EVs, they will blow Tesla out of the water. Or maybe Tesla will be forced to change and give a crap a little. The competition is needed. The wait is fine. The process has been horrible.

I really feel like all this is temporary. Competitors will undoubtedly catch up.

I don’t know about you guys, but this lack of communication and just the overall attitude of not caring and giving fake timelines has really rubbed me the wrong way, to the point that I will remember this next time around when car shopping. Nobody in the company has any answers. Deliveries with missing parts. QC issues. The list is endless.

Right now, I’m keeping my reservation because there’s no competition at the moment in the electric SUV segment. If there was anything remotely close, I’d jump ship immediately. I think when the other auto makers start doing EVs, they will blow Tesla out of the water. Or maybe Tesla will be forced to change and give a crap a little. The competition is needed. The wait is fine. The process has been horrible.
I agree. The Rivian SUV looks great but will definitely get an X way before that. However, Tesla need to step up in this department if they want to play the long game.

Reactions: bhramabull and zk19

" I think when the other automakers start doing EVs, they will blow Tesla out of the water." I've heard this same thing for over half a decade now. They need to show that they are a competitor because everyone thus far has fallen short.

Last edited: