Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that a lot of people have all the luck in the world :X :|

• Informative
Reactions: Fulkth

Whatttt the heck. I thought they were following reservations with the few VINs we've seen so far, but I guess that is gone now?

That’s November of next year (if they’re lucky). All our January dates don’t have the year either.

That’s November of next year (if they’re lucky). All our January dates don’t have the year either.
Really? Than the page looks hella different from what I see, hence the confusion on my side. But seeing as it also says 'ready for delivery' I thought this was different from what we have been seeing here?

But again; my page (for The Netherlands) looks different from what I have seen on US pages thus far as well. So what do I know :+

Reactions: c_v_h
Really? Than the page looks hella different from what I see, hence the confusion on my side. But seeing as it also says 'ready for delivery' I thought this was different from what we have been seeing here?

But again; my page (for The Netherlands) looks different from what I have seen on US pages thus far as well. So what do I know :+
This is what our looks like until you put in financing then goes to what we have now.

" I think when the other automakers start doing EVs, they will blow Tesla out of the water." I've heard this same thing for over half a decade now. They need to show that they are a competitor because everyone thus far has fallen short.
Exactly - the problem is competitors are putting things out like the Bolt (how’s that going for GM?) and the Mustang Mach-E that can only sustain acceleration for exactly 5 seconds before throttling down to protect the battery or something.

How well did Porsche do those over the air updates in the Taycan that require you to go to the dealership to install that take two business days without your vehicle?

Rivian and Lucid aren’t real competitors yet either - they’re producing zero mass volume and we have no idea how many issues they might have with the first gen vehicles. How well do the batteries perform Over time? How good is their service? What about their charging network support for road-trips?

Buying a Tesla you kind of know what you are getting (good and bad) at this point because they’ve been doing modern BEV longer than others.

This is what our looks like until you put in financing then goes to what we have now.
Great... This is what I wanted to know... Is it November... or next November? I haven't put in financing yet, because I don't know if I need to apply for financing now or wait until next year... Does my order even move forward if I don't put anything in? Things are so different from when I first reserved the S in 2012...

I wish I were, but no. My page is very dull in comparison, hence the confusion
It looks like they had very few X’s, is that right? They are making tons of S but no X right now… ?
And If you see the Refresh MS Europe deliveries
discussion forum, it gets all the more depressing. They are talking 2023 for any first EU deliveries of the refresh MS even.

At this point not sure what to expect anymore from our MX order. Strange that though ~6 months of US & even Canada MS deliveries, nothing to improve the messaging or even clarify the delay to waiting EU customers.

discussion forum, it gets all the more depressing. They are talking 2023 for any first EU deliveries of the refresh MS even.

At this point not sure what to expect anymore from our MX order. Strange that though ~6 months of US & even Canada MS deliveries, nothing to improve the messaging or even clarify the delay to waiting EU customers.
The delivery estimate on the Dutch site has not slipped for the MX at all recently btw. Still sticks to 'End of 2022' for new orders which gives me a sliver of hope. But at this rate, it would not surprise me if MX deliveries do not start for non-US orders till early 2023.

I feel for our international folks, the wait is even worse for you all :(.

Great... This is what I wanted to know... Is it November... or next November? I haven't put in financing yet, because I don't know if I need to apply for financing now or wait until next year... Does my order even move forward if I don't put anything in? Things are so different from when I first reserved the S in 2012...
Just put in all cash as this will keep the process moving. Than when gets closer apply for financing. Problem is they do hard credit pulls I learned the hard way have 2 pulls already. If further delays will be doing this. Apparently once a VIN is assigned you can call SA and change financing decision.

Reactions: lauraut

I went for a NIO ES8 here in Norway and loving it. Got delivery in 4 weeks after ordering. A different world all together both the wait and the ownership experience. I am still holding on to my model x order and hoping for further price hike and then sell it with a huge profit. My first check in here after almost 2 weeks, from checking for updates every hour. I suddenly have a lot of free time :)

Reactions: lsds and gglockner
I went for a NIO ES8 here in Norway and loving it. Got delivery in 4 weeks after ordering. A different world all together both the wait and the ownership experience. I am still holding on to my model x order and hoping for further price hike and then sell it with a huge profit. My first check in here after almost 2 weeks, from checking for updates every hour. I suddenly have a lot of free time :)
I was just watching an Out of Spec video on youtube where he is driving around Norway with a model Y.... I was blown away by how far ahead of us you guys are with EV integration. It's amazing, you guys have so many chargers all over the place and in every garage, plus so many people drive EVs... it is really amazing to see..... The U.S. is still so far away from where you guys are.