Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Fulkth How is the second row on the 6 seater? I was asking because I herd with the pre refresh 6 seaters they were awkward because there was no armrest. is there any improvements what so ever?
It's pretty comfy I think? Still no armrest on the center, and I think the door armrest built into the FWDs is only slightly improved over the old design. I wish they had fold down armrests though, or removable ones.

I understand that buyers want constant update on the progess of their ordered vehicles. Reality is that if Tesla can build 1 Million cars a year shortly, that will mean about 5 Million phone calls to be answered and researched to estimate ETA. Then another couple million calling back in to see why "their" car is not being scheduled on the exact date that Tesla previously estimated.
Pretty much Tesla production has so many variables that fixing a firm delivery date is next to impossible for every individual car. Makes sense for them to just go Radio Silence until the car has actually been produced and in route to the delivery center to reach out to the buyer to schedule and arrange delivery.

Reminds me of us kids sitting in the back seat constantly asking Dad..."Are we there yet". Usually the answer comes back with an unsatisfactory "soon".
Respectfully disagree with this assessment. Elon Musk's own words compelled a whole lot of people to sell their cars, apply for loans, extend leases, etc. as he gave the expectation that deliveries would occur in March or April. That has resulted in real world cost, not to mention a ton of aggravation to many, including myself.

It does feel a little bigger but it might be me. Does anyone have measurements on their 6 seater? I've got about 6 inches from third row foot well to captain chair sliding area, 23.5 inches for the sliding area, then about 9 inches to the front row support pillars. View attachment 731640View attachment 731641
Did you ever get an answer to this? My 2016 X measured the same (including the 23.5" dimension you mentioned), so the refresh is not roomier, at least not in these places:

Attachments

• C383A3F3-421B-407B-A753-62C7042382C7.jpeg
    C383A3F3-421B-407B-A753-62C7042382C7.jpeg
    848.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 9573C9A5-7C58-4D64-AA53-9CC837A47519.jpeg
    9573C9A5-7C58-4D64-AA53-9CC837A47519.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: Fulkth
Yes and no. I understand the uncertainty behind being able to properly predict when the vehicles will be made/shipped, however, there are issues that are hindering the process and nothing is being communicated to the buyers. For a lot of us, this isn't our first rodeo with Tesla. We've had MUCH better communication in the past (at least I have). It has now become nonexistent for the most part.
I agree. A simple blast email apologizing for the delay with a brief explanation regarding the issues they are having would likely appease the many. It is just common courtesy.

It's pretty comfy I think? Still no armrest on the center, and I think the door armrest built into the FWDs is only slightly improved over the old design. I wish they had fold down armrests though, or removable ones.
I was remembering the other day when they used to ofter the 6 seater with center console. I wish they brought this back for the refresh and made it removable.
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.53.50 AM.png

Sound tests on the highway, same stretch, 70 mph, all tires properly inflated, same app and phone (pixel 4a with Sound Meter app in Google play pass)
2020 Jeep Compass: 72 db average (both times, last time and today)
2021 Model X: 71 db average (The X has a db average of 55 at a stand still with 5 on the fan and recirc on for comparison)
2018 Model 3: 73 db average

Sound tests on the highway, same stretch, 70 mph, all tires properly inflated, same app and phone (pixel 4a with Sound Meter app in Google play pass)
2020 Jeep Compass: 72 db average (both times, last time and today)
2021 Model X: 71 db average (The X has a db average of 55 at a stand still with 5 on the fan and recirc on for comparison)
2018 Model 3: 73 db average

That's so disappointing.

With the drop in range, the severe delays with no communication, and the limited sound dampening makes me question whether or not i should drop $100k on this car. The main thing keeping me from cancelling is knowing that I got it for $15k less than the current price.

That's so disappointing.

With the drop in range, the severe delays with no communication, and the limited sound dampening makes me question whether or not i should drop $100k on this car. The main thing keeping me from cancelling is knowing that I got it for $15k less than the current price.

That $15k instant equity is probably what will keep me holding on no matter how long this thing drags out.... I am secretly hoping for at least another price bump before I take delivery.