Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you defer delivery and than have a 8k price increase to get into the refresh?
I was wonder the same, if he did reserve on February, u could got his car in couplr of months!!
Yes. When the pandemic hit, we deferred for a few months and by the time to take delivery, there were no more inventory. So Tesla put us in the queue for the refresh and we had to pay extra $$ to stay in the queue.

Yes. When the pandemic hit, we deferred for a few months and by the time to take delivery, there were no more inventory. So Tesla put us in the queue for the refresh and we had to pay extra $$ to stay in the queue.
You must have delayed delivery for quite a while! #pandemictime #amiright 😂 I think that the oldest order in this group (that didn't take an intentional delivery delay) was in December 2020.

Reactions: lsds
It’s official, I have now waited 1 year for my Model X. Happy Birthday to me 😑. Maybe Christmas will be better to me.
I waited 1 month and I am already bored of it. Hence, instead of the aforementioned second hand X, I am going to get a new Model Y as an in betweener. Either something from stock before EOY or new in Feb 2022. I fully expect the X to arrive end of 2022 (in Europe)and I just cannot drive my current car for that long (safety thing)

Still going for the X, mind you.

You must have delayed delivery for quite a while! #pandemictime #amiright 😂 I think that the oldest order in this group (that didn't take an intentional delivery delay) was in December 2020.
Oldest order that we are otherwise aware of is 8/20/20.. A good 20+ orders in 2020 This one is certainly the new oldest! I suppose it makes sense that he is getting delivery now in the first few to be produced.
@bluebear we're excited for your delivery!

Last edited:
Reactions: colo and lexus26
Interesting note, I was driving in the suburbs of Las Vegas yesterday afternoon, and a blue Rivian truck drove right by me. It kind of stunned me and the thing that I remember from when it drove by was that it was pretty boring looking. At least in the looks department, I wasn’t impressed
To me, the Rivian just looks strange in the front and the bed is so small.

I saw a Lucid Air next to me the other day and that is a beautiful car. If I was looking for a big sedan it would be on my list.

Oldest order that we are otherwise aware of is 8/20/20.. A good 20+ orders in 2020 This one is certainly the new oldest! I suppose it makes sense that he is getting delivery now in the first few to be produced.
@bluebear we're excited for your delivery!
I thought @Fulkth was an original June 2020 order. Or was I mistaken?

Reactions: Fulkth
So… I’ve ALWAYS thought those (?typically Lexus) ads with the huge red bow on top of the car were cheesy.

But idk now... With with how we’ve waited… yeah if you get your car around Christmas you shouldn’t JUST put a huge bow. You should wrap the WHOLE car in customized Tesla wrapping paper. And put a massive bow on top. And then take your *SUGAR* time to unwrap it.

And professionally record the show.