Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I can say I am delighted to be rid of my nearly $100k 2020 Mercedes GLS450 and driving my wife’s Model Y instead.
No longer do I have $800 oil changes, $100 fuel fill ups, uncomfortable seats unfit for long trips, impossible to use navigation, voice control that cannot find anything, very loud road noise, an extremely irritating/humming singing noise on concrete highways, software collapses that shut off all safety features, meandering self driving, seat belts that grab you when going over bumps, ineffective air conditioning, lack of leg and head room, dizzying overly complex dash switches and goodies, windshield wipers that go on when it’s dry and scratch the windshield, dealer only software updates, dealer experience overall, and rip off lease terms, lackluster acceleration and mileage, topped off with overall boring styling to mention a few things.

Our model Y has no gaps, rattles weird road or wind noise or other problems at all. It does have so much the GLS never provided - amazing fearless gearless acceleration, overall driving comfort and style, quiet cabin, FSS and safety features that work, no service needed, I charge from the sun at home from my Tesla array. I love talking to other people about the Tesla tech and driving experience, sharing the future with them, something I never did with the GLS. I actually look forward to driving out on errands because it is so much fun to drive, I am not burning gas, not driving a lazy truck.

Waiting since February for my RED/CREAM Model X! I have the second wall charger ready in the garage attached to my Tesla solar array. I am driving with the energy of today’s sun, not the sun of the dinosaurs. Just as Elon and the good people of Tesla have imagined!

I foresee an even higher level of satisfaction with the X above the Y, plus the coolness of FWD and the other X tech!. So yes I’ll wait for my X, happy my ICE life has passed. ICE will soon be gone as will the legacy manufacturers.

So yeah missing a lot!

MY, like Jeep, is a tough one to ride.
I dig both for separate reasons. Good ones. Off-roading and the obvious one as having an EV.
But man, without an air underneath in such heavy car as MY - everything will rattle in a week or so. And there was a video about 3yo MX. Even MX suffers from rattling interior.
And yes, I have it on order…

Reactions: zapparino
@Fulkth , please do not envy us... We DO have designated SAs...but also, we have NO MX 😂

The day I placed my order (2/14/21) I received a call and an email from my SA... We chatted a few times over the first few weeks, mainly making sure that I had all of my questions answered so that I could complete my checklist... But once my April EDD passed, I never heard from her again. :(
Wow that sounds really nice. I got texted once 2 months after my order the Charlotte NC (where I will take delivery) salesperson saying thanks for your X order we will contact you when we get closer to deliveries for those who ordered before you.

To @Fulkth

Does your mx have similar severe regen of recent Tesla without option to change it?

I just got my Y and regen when I let go of my pedal is so strong like crapsh*t BMW i3. My 18 model 3 had option to change it but Tesla disabled it here.

This might be a deal breaker for me.
That really is just a matter of having more/getting used to fine motor control with your foot. I got used to it in 15 minutes of just testdriving it but I agree that at first it is terrifying at how much it 'brakes'

That really is just a matter of having more/getting used to fine motor control with your foot. I got used to it in 15 minutes of just testdriving it but I agree that at first it is terrifying at how much it 'brakes'
Agreed. You have to retrain your brain that you can’t let off accelerator to “coast”. Accelerator is not on/off it’s varying degrees you can use to maintain speed or slow down slightly.

I don't know how much of a geek you are (I wave my geek flag with pride) but here is a fascinating (read Nerdy) look at how Tesla innovates and doesn't even brag about it. Most people don't even know that improvements are made.
Yes, this is about the Model S self-presenting door handle, but there are many improvements like this.
Yeah I had seen that (like most YouTube videos at 2x speed) a while back. It is pretty impressive and a fair example of the continual changes Tesla engineers implement.

Probably means nothing, but overnight, my Android widget populated with a phantom model 3 and shows the car controls, as you can see. When I click on it, it just takes me in to the app and everything looks the same as before. Just curious if anyone else is seeing something similar?
Screenshot_20211122-070934_One UI Home.jpg

Probably means nothing, but overnight, my Android widget populated with a phantom model 3 and shows the car controls, as you can see. When I click on it, it just takes me in to the app and everything looks the same as before. Just curious if anyone else is seeing something similar?
I have this size of the widget on my Home Screen.
We have a Model Y but once when I updated the app, for like five minutes the app was showing a Model S in the widget. Then it went back to our Y. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Congratulations 🎉
I'm super curious... and will be asking all MX Lottery VINners (Is it a thing yet?)

What did your EDD say before your VIN was assigned? "January" 'TBD" or something different?
It said TBD for a few weeks, but had said January before that. Over the summer, I had been in that August EDD group that got pushed to December.

The app said, and still says, "Schedule Delivery Appt...We'll notify you when..." not "We're building your car."

I'm still debating on taking a Model Y before the end of the year or waiting to see what happens with my January EDD on my X

Anybody want to rent me a Model Y for a couple months :)
I took a Model Y LR last week because I haven’t had a car for a few months and who knows when the X will come. I actually wanted and had ordered a Model Y Performance but had to refuse delivery a couple months ago because I was out of the country at the time of delivery. I had been waiting for another one but the date kept getting pushed back to late December. Suddenly I got a VIN for the MYLR I also had on order so I decided “a bird in the hand” you know. The day after I accepted delivery last week, the performance EDD moved up to November and low and behold, I got a VIN on Friday, one week later. I feel like it’s raining Teslas right now just never the one that I want. ☹️